Go to footer

Planetside 2

Planetside 2

Postby Lasastard » Sun 21. Oct 2012, 10:02

Hi,

as you may be aware, SOE is releasing a successor to the original Planetside MMO, currently in Beta testing. For those not in the know, Planetside is a FPS game in a large persistent world where three alien races battle it out over the ownership of a planet. In some ways it resembles the Battlefield series in that you can run different combat classes but also have access to a wide range of vehicles (tanks, gunships, etc). The main goal is to capture large structures for territorial contral (like CTF - but much more in-depth).

What I like about it so far is of course the 3-faction system as well as the sheer scope of the game - maps are absolutely huge (miles and miles; RL measurements). And as a former Battlefield player, the vehicle component and different classes, including support, are also quite appealing.

Anyway, I was wondering if anybode else was playing it at the moment, or was thinking of picking it up? Instant beta access can be bought on the planetside website as part of the pre-order package (http://www.planetside2.com/); but I think release is also not too far off. The game will cost somewhere around 40 dollas and will be f2p.

/Marc
Lasastard

by Advertising » Sun 21. Oct 2012, 10:02

Advertising

Re: Planetside 2

Postby Bloodwyne » Sun 21. Oct 2012, 12:19

Aliens? Spaceships? No thanks :D The next game i am waiting for will be Elder Scrolls Online.
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Re: Planetside 2

Postby Magicco » Sun 21. Oct 2012, 19:22

i played planetside 1 a lot!

im played a bit with the open beta but my pc is to weak atm^^

for sure i will try planetside2... but i hope SOE does not ruin it again like the fist part ;)
Magicco

Return to Board index

Return to Offtopic