Write comments

DAoC Fundamentals

Tue 18. Oct 2011, 13:18

Just thought why not putting this in here, sometimes i have the feeling that people know enough about how to do sth. or how to react/fight etc. but simply fail on their utilization of they'r Keyboard settings/mouse settings and general basics of the game like prekiting. I think some ppl think prekiting only means a reaction on inc where u wait your enemy to engage while moving in the oppsit direction to get a better position, Mainly prekiting is about avoidance of damage during the fight though, by paning the camera while healing/nuking/fighting etc. and run away before a melee is in range or a caster starts nuking/CC'ing you.

This video though is only about the keyboard/mouse settings, im still searching Salbeis Vid about "how to play a caster", pretty well done if i remember right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG_k83Yiy1A

Tue 18. Oct 2011, 13:18

Re: DAoC Fundamentals

Tue 18. Oct 2011, 14:16

Well,the main problem of our guild group is not these things.I dont care to take responsibilities on me,also we are pretty old guys to speak this i think.
So the problem is,we are breaking our playing desire after 1 die mostly.There are 4-5 ppl doing that in guild so probably i am doing the same sometimes.But i am trying to control it atleast.Someones dont.
May be someones are doing wrong things in rvr and we die first time.But exactly if we loose other fights in a row,this is not cause of only 1 guy doing wrong thing again.We are just breaking ppls playing desire and concantrate so everybody plays bad.
I dont give the names right now but we are talking these things with each other in guild also,after 1 die ppls starting to think that ''i hope rvr over soon''

Tue 18. Oct 2011, 15:06

That might be another problem, but still im sure what i pointed out is valid aswell and it is atleast the most fundamental thing to have success in daoc, so everybody could put that little effort into it and find out if he could improve his own setup about keyboard and mouse use even if that would mean to change sth (i changed my qbind and keyboard settings alot of times already and it was always only a matter of days to get into it again, so dont fear the change) ;)

A third disadvantage we have aswell is our communication in teamspeak. Ofc we are an international guild while most other successful groups/guilds are usually speaking the same motherlanguage, but even though there can be language barriers sometimes, i think some people could be able to speak more and some to speak less. (i only mean the communication DURING a fight) the communication outside combat is another thing and its ok if orhan plays his gaymusic to punish us (even though personally i think hes trying to make us his gay sexslaves) or pablo got an italian rage cause someone provoke him in irc :D

me myself basically find me to lazy to qbind more than face(E), stick(Q), assist(R), sprint(V), resetcamera(H), send pet(T), guard(F), next enemy(TAB)...well jeah thats basically all, mainly because i often play different chars in our groups and therefor had to get used to plenty different qbind settings but then aswell i think its also only a matter of training and in a few weeks it would improve my performance..so i probably will adjust all my chars to a proper qbind setting during the next days.

Tue 18. Oct 2011, 15:54

Well, on the other side I use the keys more complex, so I have basically the movement/utility keys bound and "INC"-Macro, Assist and on my mouse there are 2 extra keys near the thumb where I bound stick and face. More I don't need, I have 3 bars that I use manual with the normal number set and strg/alt + number set.

Works pretty good for me, but everyone has to find his/her own way to deal with movement/utility/skills on his/her keyboard. There is no need to follow the fundamental video when you can't deal with it, but it is basically important to know the common strategy to involve a fast and good gameplay in DAoC. It helps a lot to know the way to get faster and safer with your keys so learn and adapt from that video.

Btw. I don't like to say it, but the most heavy problem of our gg is and always has been the positioning. Especially well kiting is not yet a thing we can expect to be performed well. You can tell me whatever you want, but I've seen it in so many situations, that the positioning is the most fragile part of our groups. Not in every fight, we had tons of good fights, but often we just simply lose because the order of tasks to be performed is not being done well.
First priority: Be save, kite to a point you have max. range on high utility. Means you shall be able to perform well on your spot, but be as save (far away) as possible.
Second priority: Rupt/CC, this is the essence of a kite. Get rid of as many enemies as possible, if you can't cc, then rupt their CCer/healer and whatever can be rupted.
Third priority: Assist/Damage overextends. It 's important to filter out which target has to be damaged and not randomly attack.
The rest is quite obvious. Gameplay and overview. That has to fit in any case. It has no sense to cc or dmg when you are not save, it has no sense to damage when you get cced from enemies and it has no sense to damage when in range to cc/rupt/dmg of enemies. But still you have to use your overview to see when you can damage a target over cc because it is killable (kite is still more important, don't sacrifice to get a single enemie down) and to see when you can cc 1-2 followers instead of kite them (ofc just if you don't get caught by another one while you cc some off).
If this works fix we will be a lot stronger, since we have a lot good gameplayers.

Tue 18. Oct 2011, 15:55

Well as you said that these things can help,but main problem is concantrate.It was guild groups everytime,and after few fights,i last 3 day there is noone online at night in guild anymore ^^only 2-3 ppl max^^

And yes we need to speak much more in fights except rage words ^^

Also it is pleasure to punish group with gay music!!!! :mrgreen:

Tue 18. Oct 2011, 15:57

+We need just 1 mate in group(ATTENTION:just 1!) to tell us what to do.Kıte or push,kıte direction or disengage etc.

Tue 18. Oct 2011, 16:07

while we are on it :D

of course if u want to have success in a game u need to actually play it, most of our members make it...let me guess... to a max of 4 hours of RvR in a WEEK... MB, Requiem etc. play far more often than most of our members and most of them not only when theres a guildgroup going. I dont want to tell you to play more just for the success, but then also you should deal with the fact that there might come a point where people get bored of people that just join for their own little fun once a week and play like shits. I already thought alot about simply not inviting people like that anymore (or less) since it would also reduce the frustration for the players that put alot more effort into this game. But then, i might be my own 8man group maybe with a few guildies, or simply figuring out some guys from other guilds/maybe even realms, that fit more to ones own gameplay/requirements

Thu 20. Oct 2011, 09:25

Bloodwyne wrote: But then, i might be my own 8man group maybe with a few guildies, or simply figuring out some guys from other guilds/maybe even realms, that fit more to ones own gameplay/requirements

/clap!!!!! finally u got it! finally u got the key to be stronger! :D

sadly is this mark, sadly this is the way to be stronger.

i'll be back soon :D
Write comments

Bei iphpbb3.com bekommen Sie ein kostenloses Forum mit vielen tollen Extras
Forum kostenlos einrichten - Hot Topics - Tags
Beliebteste Themen: Name, Forum, NES, Youtube, Uni

Impressum | Datenschutz