Go to footer

Hib gameplay commentary

Hib gameplay commentary

Postby Bloodwyne » Thu 13. Jun 2013, 07:33

Morning guys,

today i wanna try to change 1 menta with 1 bm. Should be easier atleast against puggroups!
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

by Advertising » Thu 13. Jun 2013, 07:33

Advertising

Re: Hib gameplay commentary

Postby Hopper1984 » Thu 13. Jun 2013, 21:54

Dont know if its me, or setup, or something else .... but running the last 4 days .. was more a pain than fun.

However.

I know i am probably not a good druid or playing the best way in some other view. Making many mistakes, missklicking so often .. what ever else.
For this setup, playing just with warden, as mainhealer and just one druid. I think its too less.
Soo many told me they are really wondering about this setup and i think the same way.
Too much less root... or rupt in enemies backline and less heal as well.
For me it looks like the "very" high dmg we have in grp does not coming through. I dont know.
I cant really comment about grp build or setupcreation.

What i dont understand is, why not trying to playing warden and 2 druids. With one supporter more in grp ?
We already saying that the way to succsess will be hard and painfully, but were choosing the hardest way we can find.
But were not dieing... looks more were spending.
I just cant really imagine that the fights we had, the last 4 days were a challenge for other grps.
Okay RJ, NW, Prime so on, are grps with skill RR after all.

Ach ich hab doch auch kein Plan, wollte mich nur mal auskotzen :D
Hopper1984

Postby Hyrule » Fri 14. Jun 2013, 09:49

i am quite new on uthgard, but without looking at our rps or anything, i can see this setup is completely flawed

with 4 casters it made sense

with 3 it made absolutely no sense to me, if 1 is rupted or has to do smth else(demezz) how exactly are 2 casters going to nuke down a fulltank without any wp or smth

whats the bm going to do alone in frontlines?

we had no cc at all

if all casters can cast free for 10 seconds we get something down, if 1-2 are rupted, the fight is over already

this setup relies completely on dmg, imo the casters should be full dps ra spec

dont forget the eld has to cast NS and disease too, and if he nukes only, you have 2-3-4 casters on the other side who can nuke freely without being worried

i would like to try 1 bard 2 druids 4-5 casters 0-1 hero

our kiting is subpar, not because we dont run good, but because our SoSs are bad, and we are not faster then the opponent, enemy healers are right infront of us and we cant do anything

thing is we cant even say we wouldve won "IF" something was done better, we got completely demolished by albs on every inc, i think we can beat melee mid grps easily with a bit of rr, but i dont see how we are going to beat hybrid albs with this setup
Hyrule

Postby Bloodwyne » Fri 14. Jun 2013, 09:59

mentas will keep their pd3 but go for wp4 next

currently im rendering the fights from yesterday, and u should watch it carefully too, alot of bad positioning, especially by mentas tanks and druid in my opinion (tho druid has a fucking hard job to do and stefan is really working hard and doing a good job for the short time being)... its going to be hard whatever setup we play... do u really think we can kill prime with requiem setup if requiem is already struggeling with average RR of 10+? cmon... It will be hard for another while for sure and i hope people still dont give up with the surely bad rp days to come.

At the end i have to say it is NOT the setups that are our problem, mainly our assist isnt good enough atm. Petclear to slow, demezz to slow and yesterday in my opinion (even if RR10) inotor played so bad.. there wasnt a single time he used sos on his own.. he always waited for me to announce it and then he doesnt even do a backup check if sos hits everyone. sure we have AM with him, but thats about it, we dont need sos2 against most groups ... gotta get purge 3 on bard asap so we can use our own.
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Hyrule » Fri 14. Jun 2013, 10:03

this is imo the only choice we have, we have to be able to kill people instant in their face, and if everyone else is rupted a caster has to be able to kill enemy casters with 2-3-4 nukes, right now its not possible
Hyrule

Postby Bloodwyne » Fri 14. Jun 2013, 10:37

i would really like to get atleast the casters to RR5 this weekend, so if u have some time to spare for playing id appreciate it alot!
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Bloodwyne » Fri 14. Jun 2013, 11:03

probably cant really upload the video today.. 40 minutes long and 400++ min to upload to youtube, my flatmates would kill me:P will do in the night
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Justmezz » Fri 14. Jun 2013, 23:16

Comment time, yeay! :)
From the theory i wouldnt switch bm for menta, but idc.

My really problem is (plz dont flame me for it):

I thought we would make Hibtoons to switch over, when there are only albs running. I dislike playing rr4 toons, that are not even my own, when i could play my sorc in a much more succesful highrr albgrp.

There are other minor problems, but i gotta sleep now and they dont really matter ;)
Justmezz

Postby Bloodwyne » Sat 15. Jun 2013, 07:23

Everyone is free to stay in Alb if we go Hib. It IS Rare's main realm and it will always be. I for my part enjoy the diversity ALOT and we just got started on Hib and i have alot of fun and motivation. Sure getting owned over and over again is not that funny, but i was never the type of person turning to the easy things again when i failed with a harder task even tho i know for sure the harder task can be fulfilled and can be a fucking enjoyable thing. I don't give up very fast. So what i say is, for me its absolutely natural to want to play our new project on Hib preferably atm. Once it is more settled in Hib and becomes more of a routine Alb will again be my preference or in the case there is rly ONLY Hibs out.

Yesterday we played Requiem setup with 2 Requiem BMs RR9-11. Rest was ofc RR4. It was fucking nice to play from this perspective and pwn shit :D We killed RJ and NW quite easily. That doesnt mean i have given up on our Castersetup. I KNOW there is potential in it. Its just alot harder to play and the frustration is alot higher since with the Requiem setup even the fights you loose are usually enjoyable since they simply last long because of the support heavy setup. Castergroup outcome usually decides in the first 1 minute of the fight at the moment. Once we made some RR this will also change a bit tho. At the end i must say we are doing really good on Hib considering everyone claims Hib to be the hardest realm of all. Just give it some more time ladys.

Going to upload some of the fights of yesterday, never rly played bard before so dont be to hard on me! Theres alot of things i could've done better :D
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Justmezz » Sat 15. Jun 2013, 08:06

I would really like to play req-setup more often. I just think its more fun to play, which is a personal thing i guess.
Plus, i know how stePHan plays druid and if i was 2nd druid, i would never ever have to heal :D

But this shouldnt be a qq comment, thanks for the kind answer without any flames ;) prolly wont be here tonight, i hope tomorrow again.
Justmezz

Next

Return to Board index

Return to DAoC