Write comments

Re: Lupold´s Q&A

Mon 29. Apr 2013, 11:03

Sorry for the delay of that Question, but here it is...

Question 6

Some rumours are saying that it´s looking likewise a crocodile, beaver or dwarf.
Others telling that it´s a deamon, living in the lake and all who are foolish enough to swim through or fall into it will die.

Nearby you will find a hoof-print in the rock made by the mount of someone who killed it.
The rock became farmiliar as „Stone of Llamrai“.

- - -

Gerüchten zufolge hat es die Erscheinung einer Krokodil - Biber oder Zwergen ähnlichen Gestalt.
Andere meinen, dass es eher eine Art Dämon sei, welches im See lebt und jeder der närrisch genug ist hindurch zu schwimmen, oder ins Wasser fällt, wird durch das Monster sterben.

In der Nähe sind Hufabdrücke in einem Stein zu finden, die durch jenes Pferd von jemanden verursacht worden waren, der es tötete.
Der Stein ist bekannt als „Stein von Llamrai“.

Have fun and good luck while researching the answer.

Lupold :)

P.S.
Post me your answer per pm. Another type of answering will not be acceptet.
I will count your first pm as an answer. Pls write your mainchar name that i can match who answered.

Mon 29. Apr 2013, 11:03

Wed 8. May 2013, 08:01

Looking forward to your next riddle good sir.

Thu 23. May 2013, 12:14

bump!

Thu 23. May 2013, 18:42

seems like stefan got infected by the RR11 desease :/

Tue 4. Jun 2013, 10:55

Sorry for my distance the last couple of weeks. Played a bit DayZ with Tobi and some others.
And sorry for not giving the solutions and the prices yet from the riddles. Coming the next days and i will give you youre rewards.

mfg Lupold

Tue 4. Jun 2013, 12:53

First … I have to appologize for not yet giving the solutions from the Forumgame. I simply forgott it, sorry for my dump behavior.

The winner is Aaron(4), second is Mark(3) AND Magicco(3) and third is Shorsha(2)

Bloodwyne: 3 Points (answered 6 of 6)
Aaron: 4 Points (answered 5 of 6)
Shorsha: 2 Points (answered 2 of 6)
Niels: 0 Points (answered 1 of 6)
Magicco: 3 Points (answered 3 of 6)

Solutions :

Question 1 :

Virtue and arms.
The passion for glory is the torch of the mind.
While there's life there's hope.
Victory favors those who take pains.
----------------------
I am really sure each of you had read this at least once.
But where you can find it, in Albion ?

This text standing on each bindstone in Albion, but in the latin language.
The wanted answer is : Bindstone.

Question 2 :

After the son of Uther Pendragon shattered it in fight, it´s been gifted to him by the „Lady of the Lake“ that he can protect his kingdom. (But it´s not what i am looking for.)
Later on, it´s been stolen from him deviously from Morgan le Fay, his half-sister.

The son of Uther Pendragon is Arthur and he shattered Caliburn(the sword he drag out of the stone) in fight. Nimue, also called the „Lady of the Lake“ gifted him Excalibur, the sword we got to know.
BUT the Scabbard of Excalibur which gave him somekind of „Godmode“ that he is nearly unharmable was stolen from him. „Godmode“ gone, he got injured, if i am right and died later on.

The wanted answer is : Scabbard of Excalibur.

Question 3 :

When he sat there, he looked out over the whole world and saw every mens act.
We got to know it as a keepname.

Odin, the allfather of the northern gods living in Asgard. Thor and Loki are sones of Odin.
Valaskjalf is one of the twelf parts of Asgard with his throne Hlidskjalf. When he sits on his throne he can see every mens act and all over the whole world.

The wanted answer is : Hlidskjalf
Question 4

The challenger : I will allow one man to strike me one time with his axe, under the condition that i am allowed to return the blow the following year by New Years.

Sir Gawain : What´s the name of the knight that offering us such a challenge at chrismas feast?

The challenger : I am Bercilak de Hautdesert.

Sir Gawain : WHO ?

The dialog was made by myself. Bercilak de Hautdesert was transformed into „The Green Knight“. In one story by Morgan le Fay in another story by someone else but in both storys in order to test his curt.

The wanted answer is : The Green Knight

Question 5 :

The Greek call it Elysium, the Norse, Valhalla and the Christians named it Heaven and Hell.
Though with notable, distinct and important differences.

The Tuatha Dé Danann conquered Hibernia from the Fir Bolg and it´s been said when they left, they settled there.

It is similar to other mystical places like Tír na mBeo, Mag Mell or Hy Breasil.

And i suppose each of us was there even once ingame.

Elysium, Valhalla, Heaven, Hell are all places in the Otherworld in different mythologys.

Elysium = Greek mythology
Valhalla = Northern mythology.
Heaven and Hell = Christians mythology.

The Tuatha Dé Danann, Lugh Lámfhota was once one of them, fought against the Fir Bolg, settlers of Ireland, old name is Hibernia, and then they settled there.

Tir na mBeo, Mag Mell and Hy Brasil are mystical places in the Otherworld in the irish mythology.

Tir na mBeo = Land of Living
Mag Mell meaning „plain of joy“
Hy Brazil is a mystical island cloacked in mist except for one day each seven years, when it became visible but still could not be reached. Also known as „Land of Breasal“.
All places in the Otherworld in the irish and celtic mythology.
I looked for Tir na Nog = „Land of Young“/“Land of Youth“

So the wanted answer is : Tir na Nog

Question 6 :

Some rumours are saying that it´s looking likewise a crocodile, beaver or dwarf.
Others telling that it´s a deamon, living in the lake and all who are foolish enough to swim through or fall into it will die.

Nearby you will find a hoof-print in the rock made by the mount of someone who killed it.
The rock became farmiliar as „Stone of Llamrai“.

Some legends ascribe the creature's death to King Arthur. Close to Llyn Barfog in Snowdonia is a hoof-print petrosomatoglyph etched deep into the rock "Carn March Arthur", or the "Stone of Arthur's Horse", which was supposedly made by King Arthur's mount, Llamrai, when it was hauling the afanc from the lake.

The wanted answer is : Afanc

The bracer, you can choose which one u wanne have, goes to Aaron.
The Shark Eye Ring goes to Mark or Magicco, u have to random 100 in front of me, the highest will win.
And the RA-Respecstone goes to Shorsha.

I will keep the rewards with me the next couple of days, that i can give you when i am online and time is.

Thank you.

Mfg Lupold

Tue 4. Jun 2013, 15:47

wooot i win a shark ring, awesome :D !!!!

Wed 5. Jun 2013, 04:01

Thanks for putting the work into this contest Stefan!

It was awesome :D

Wed 5. Jun 2013, 11:38

heyhey^^

even i am 2nd place with mark, i cannot accept my price due the fact im not a rare-member in daoc, just in gw2 ;-) i just participated cause i love such riddles. thanks for making this event happen
so mark can take it without /random ^^

greetings Plata/Sausagefingerz

Thu 6. Jun 2013, 13:20

Man i suck xD
Write comments

Bei iphpbb3.com bekommen Sie ein kostenloses Forum mit vielen tollen Extras
Forum kostenlos einrichten - Hot Topics - Tags
Beliebteste Themen: Name, Forum, NES, Youtube, Uni

Impressum | Datenschutz