Go to footer

Rare in RvR

Rare in RvR

Postby DemOstia » Fri 28. Oct 2011, 10:13

Hello guys,
I want to report here Rare RvR evenings (when we build a grp ofc) from my PoV.
Recently, i've the impression that we build a grp for RvR (which for me actually means "Play and Have Fun") but we don't RvR; to be honest i don't know how to explain better the previous sentence :) .

Anyway (still from my PoV) the problems aren't the keyboard settings or ts communication (or better, the last is the cause of the main problem). If the Keyboard settings is the problem, better to leave DAoC and play something else :twisted:.

From my PoV, is good to build groups ofc, regardless the setup BUT when we go out ATK i've the impression that i'm playing with 8 individuals and not a 1 solid grp. Proofs are already on the table: we are not coordinated (in the past, there was better coordination but not at good level :D ), we don't talk in ts (here i've my faults too) and (in my opinion the main reason) We are not MOTIVATED.

Essedum told me immediately at the first runs with us. He said ( in ITA: Marco, giochiamo come 8 singoli, cioè non c'è spirito di gruppo, ognuno fa quel cazzo che vuole. PORCO DIO :D ) (Eng: Marco, we play as 8 individuals, i mean there is not a group spirit, everyone do own business, ... u know what that means :D :D ).

Guys, really, try to be a REAL grp. If we play together we can really own everything (loses can happen but don't get down, it is still a game and the next time we'll do better to win ;) RQ do not solve anything ). As a real grp, when lose, we try to detect the mistakes and we will make better at the next INC.

As last thing i want to shout: FELLAS WAKE UP WHAT THE HELL ARE WE DOING????? WE PLAY WORSE THAN BIT. Imo this should stimulate. Union makes Strength.

PS: Please no Wall Text!!! :D
DemOstia

by Advertising » Fri 28. Oct 2011, 10:13

Advertising

Re: Rare in RvR

Postby Pablo » Fri 28. Oct 2011, 12:53

DemOstia wrote:Hello guys,
I want to report here Rare RvR evenings (when we build a grp ofc) from my PoV.
Recently, i've the impression that we build a grp for RvR (which for me actually means "Play and Have Fun") but we don't RvR; to be honest i don't know how to explain better the previous sentence :) .

Anyway (still from my PoV) the problems aren't the keyboard settings or ts communication (or better, the last is the cause of the main problem). If the Keyboard settings is the problem, better to leave DAoC and play something else :twisted:.

From my PoV, is good to build groups ofc, regardless the setup BUT when we go out ATK i've the impression that i'm playing with 8 individuals and not a 1 solid grp. Proofs are already on the table: we are not coordinated (in the past, there was better coordination but not at good level :D ), we don't talk in ts (here i've my faults too) and (in my opinion the main reason) We are not MOTIVATED.

Essedum told me immediately at the first runs with us. He said ( in ITA: Marco, giochiamo come 8 singoli, cioè non c'è spirito di gruppo, ognuno fa quel cazzo che vuole. PORCO DIO :D ) (Eng: Marco, we play as 8 individuals, i mean there is not a group spirit, everyone do own business, ... u know what that means :D :D ).

Guys, really, try to be a REAL grp. If we play together we can really own everything (loses can happen but don't get down, it is still a game and the next time we'll do better to win ;) RQ do not solve anything ). As a real grp, when lose, we try to detect the mistakes and we will make better at the next INC.

As last thing i want to shout: FELLAS WAKE UP WHAT THE HELL ARE WE DOING????? WE PLAY WORSE THAN BIT. Imo this should stimulate. Union makes Strength.

PS: Please no Wall Text!!! :D

7 days of inactivity and still same problems. well i'm back to play and i'll try to help to make it better.
<3 ya all Pablo
Pablo

Postby Bloodwyne » Fri 28. Oct 2011, 15:11

lets see who brings up the next Guild RvR Topic while ignoring the existing ones

i for my part see so fundamental mistakes in peoples gameplay with certain chars that im pretty sure a better teamplay doesnt solve alot. Kiting is not a matter of teamplay, you do it for yourself first, to avoid getting cc'ed, to avoid getting damaged, to avoid being rupted. And if people of your group control their chars at an acceptable level then a gameflow (teamplay) will evolve itself with a few necessary commands/shouts.

Really i played with alot of SG's and the atmosphere was always bad in that groups, like it is in ours sometimes now aswell... only the success united them. Do you really think guys like for example zubasa are any talented in teamwork? No they just control their chars close to the maximum and gather people around them who are able to do the same, people that activily try to improve their gameplay even after 10 years played daoc. People that play more than 4 hours a week.

Im not saying its not possible to have success without a bad atmosphere, but in rare a better atmosphere/motivation wont change a thing imo, since theres to much people that simply cant/dont want to compete with the better RvR players on this server
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Lyon » Fri 28. Oct 2011, 15:34

Bloodwyne wrote:lets see who brings up the next Guild RvR Topic while ignoring the existing ones

If someone will give internal forum access to Marco, no other RvR topic will be open
Lyon

Postby Bloodwyne » Fri 28. Oct 2011, 15:40

thats sams job, who still didnt manage to give me admin rights here, starting to get pissed off that aswell. anyway theres already a topic in this directory in which all of this has been discussed (atleast by those who usually take part in guild communication). not blaming marco here though.. just thinking he wastes his time in this forum, trying to improve rare's gameplay, as i do and as some others do aswell
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Llithium » Sat 29. Oct 2011, 14:22

I already sent Sam at all ways I can. (FB, Email, Forum itself, IRC)
But if yet nothing happened I can't solve it, I just got mod status as well. ._.

The main reason I don't play DAoC anymore is the missing COMMON skill to push/kite and any sense/overview about the game. Even if we get a good kite or push people forget to adapt to the situation, like we can't push in when 5+ people got cced directly at the start or like we can't just kite on, when we killed 2-3 people and they get rezzed again and again and own us by durability.
There is so much bad atmosphere in our groups that doesn't lead to fun since it is impossible to play as a group when the basics do not work. I would like to say it is the missing teamplay, RR or whatever, but actually the sense for the game is missing and ofc the server policy and the community itself were a big reason for me to not play DAoC actively for the moment.

This post is not meant to blame someone or mark someone as a bad player, it is just what I have seen so far and what made us fail. Logic and the calmness to see what is the right thing to do at the specific moment (like not raging after your target because "it was nearly down" or "no matter if I stood in the middle of them, AL said to assist"). We need some practise in analysing a fight and priorising the important stuff to do. Otherwise we 'll never be a good team, like for example Requiem or WoG or EF. Most of them are not even good in playing their chars, but their strenght is that they know what to do in a GvG fight. That makes/made them strong and superior to other groups with a lot higher RR.
Arashij.2857 Silver Invader, rank 625 on Far Shiverpeaks
Llithium
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Return to Board index

Return to DAoC