Go to footer

A Future on Uthgard?

A Future on Uthgard?

Postby Bloodwyne » Tue 18. Feb 2014, 11:48

Okay lets talk about it a bit. I think, even tho the server still has flaws and lately the overpopulation on Mid gets kind of annoying, im sure most of us actually enjoyed the time we spend on Genesis so far.

There is 2 things that im missing from Uthgard however. It's the massive amount of fixed bugs that wouldnt influence the game on a rerelease as they do rightnow on Genesis. I can't say there is tons of gamebreaking bugs on origins and i saw alot of fixes already aswell but the closer you look there is still so much work to be done that has been done on Uthgard already. Secondly i am a bit disappointed that the groups from Uthgard who are so full of themselves like NW / TI / Req but also groups like RJ / DG have either no presence on Genesis or are simply showing a terrible performance there which doesnt make it fun to fight them. At the end my experience as a guildleader tells me that guilds like TI and NW are generally not made to last long (im already surprised about the duration of NW on Uthgard) so imo we cant even be sure how it will look like on Uthgard. Those guilds are not playing on Genesis because the server is to laggy or to bugged or whatever reasons they mention. Its because they lack organisation and a common consensus which would make them part of a community. Those guilds are mostly XX egos put together, even tho they share the same colors and name they are far from being a community like we are imo. Just look at all the people from NW TI etc... watching Origins streams all day long joining our TS or others TS to get a bit of the DAoC atmosphere they are missing. Ofc they don't want to play DAoC because Genesis is so laggy...right...

Anyway what i wanted to pull off here is some of your opinions about a possible reroll on Uthgard 2.0.

Tbh, rightnow i think i would reroll there... i mean we have achieved alot on Origins already and even if Uthgard2.0 would just mean to have a break from Origins, i would still do it i guess even tho i really dont look forward to all the leveling and farming which is going to be horrible on Uthgard still. Surprisingly i actually enjoyed the phase we were all PvE'ing together on Origins so im not thaaaaat scared of it on Uthgard either IF we manage to get going there as we were on Origins.
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

by Advertising » Tue 18. Feb 2014, 11:48

Advertising

Re: A Future on Uthgard?

Postby Blato » Wed 19. Feb 2014, 09:42

Well you know where stand. The only reason i stick around on origins is because playing with you guys is a blast. Always funny. I would be on uthgard2.0 in a second if that was the decision. I too share the opinion that it will be much more polished, sure some might say uthgard was as unstable in the beginning as origins is now, just need to give origins time...etc. well thats time i dont want to give if i am going to be honest.

One thing i hope is discussed on uthgard is this no guild crafters rule. If this is the case then i would truly be pissed. I have no issues upping guild crafters again because it benefits so much even if only 3-4 people actually put time in on leveling it i dont care i would rather see 20 people benefit from being able to temp out and get into rvr faster than putting a single person on SC duty, or AC duty its just not reliable. Anyway i would be for Uthgard2.0
Blato

Postby Hyrule » Wed 19. Feb 2014, 18:31

If Uthgard came out tomorrow i would join in a heartbeat, but as you can see it will not. We dont know when it will come, it still could take months.

I agree Genesis is full of bugs right now but the question we have to ask for the guild is what will we do on Uthgards release day? Will we go anyways? What if Genesis fixes a lot of issues until that day?

I for myself cant answer it right now, if i had an ETA on Uthgards release i could maybe answer the questions. For now i play on Genesis, when Uth is announced im open for talks.
Hyrule

Postby Plok » Thu 20. Feb 2014, 10:39

The status of Genesis is not very promising. I'm slightly losing more and more faith in the game masters of this server. I don't think they're much better than the Uthgard game masters.
Genesis have been a fun ride so far no doubts about that it was nice with a new server that just brought some of the old memories back, just in a more buggy way ;)
I not sure how the future on Genesis will be when Uthgard release, Uthgard is so far in front and Genesis are still missing some of the most important basics (Server cap + Freezes + Lags), and I don't think these basics will be done in the near future or at least not before Uthgard is around the corner. I did hope that Genesis would come out of the corner first but they seem to pulling more to the wrong side.
One of the big bugs that are pretty essential for rvr is the 3 "ticks" pr. spell. This won't be fixed in the near future, and it's just annoying that every bloody tank is abusing it, guess 99% of the tanks are . It's not something that will get done in the near future and that sure is a game breaking feature.
The post Cody made about Uthgard where he asked people to go and help Uthgard, and later said that Genesis was suffering from the player base of two servers, just made me shit my pants. That was one of the worst statements I ever had heard from a game master. The game masters are way too friendly on this server, they could learn some attitude from Blue, but not too much. 
That post made me look way different on Genesis. That post looked like they just wanted to cut the servers as soon as Uthgard when active. A game master from a competitive server should never ask people to go and help one of their "enemies". There was more stupid post from Cody in the thread, which just gave me less faith in Genesis.
It was good that origins released so it made the Uthgard game masters wake up from their big black hole. But as I've said before, I don't think the Genesis staffs are any better than the Uthgard. They're friendly and helpful, but they really lack of some sort of attitude and coding skills.
I have heard that a lot of good American coders have been asking to help them out but they turned them down duo to the language barriers. If that's true it's just even more sad, because then they already flagged with the white flag from the beginning.
I don't feel like losing anything returning to Uthgard. It was fun with a change and it's going to be different Uthgard since they run 1.65 and origins runs 1.62. Uthgard will be more classic than ever!.
Albion is gonna be a blast to play, since 1.65 was like the love patch for Albion.
I have heard a lot of good from some of the old Uthgard players who have helped testing and I personally like the changes that they have made. I like keeping it pure classic no buff shears etc! I don't like the mix of classic and none classic things.
I just hope that the Uthgard game masters adjust the XP rates, I like the rates they got on Genesis, it's not too fast and it's not too slow. But if the Uthgard XP is keeping their old rates, people are not gonna give them a chance. The last years of this game should be done in RvR and not in PvE!
I heard they fixed the drop rates on the encounters which suit me well. I like that the encounters like dragon etc. are correctly implemented. I must admit that the PvE on Genesis is just more or less retarded. A cave shaman can solo Nosoden, Worm + tons of other mobs.
I like the idea of having live like encounters so not every bloody person can chain farm a mob, and it makes the PvE more fun aswell if they just improve the drop rates.
Well enough crying for me 
Midgard is gonna be a lot of fun on Uthgard. The melee groups won't be as strong on Uthgard as they are on Genesis.

So as always at this patch level and old RA's I would be up for running the following setups:
2x Healer, 1x Shaman, 1x Warrior, 3x Runies, 1x Sm (I'd roll a Runie)
2x Sorc, 2x Cabalist, 1x Theurg, 1x arms, 2x Clerics (I'd roll a Cabalist or arms)
1x bard, 1x Menta, 2x Druid, 2x Eld, 1x Enc, 1x Hero (I'd roll a Eld or Hero)

I don't know what realm i'd roll. I think it would be fun to run a caster group on all realms.

It was fun to see how many people who said that Midgard would be gimped before Origins released, and now everyone just cry about Midgard. 
Plok

Postby Bloodwyne » Thu 20. Feb 2014, 15:28

"It's with sadness that we give this time out. Poetaxx turned himself in for cheating. He's a noble guy. He did what he did to help the realm AND took the consequences. /salute
BTW, if he does it again it will be a perma ban."

http://daoc-origins.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9257

A quote out of the Ban-section in Origins forums. There have been people banned for AFKing or other stupid things already and hes writing this about a CHEATER.

Another thing which would NEVER happen on Uthgard. Incompetence at its best. And really i hate speaking positive about Uthgard GMs as they are a bunch of retards aswell :D
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Aaron » Thu 20. Feb 2014, 22:02

I am still skeptical about uthgard. First, I don't believe that it will have the 24/7 population that Origins has. Uthgard in the past has never had more then 300 people on during US times. US players for the most part don't want anything to do with it. It is seen as a german server essentially. The GMs of uthgard are simply retarded. And we've never seen uthgard with as many people as origins, even during primetime, so it isn't clear that the uthgard server would even run smoothly if it did capture the same numbers as origins.

Then there is the fact that uthgard wipes. Uthgard will wipe again within some years, you can count on it. Will origins still be around then? No way to know for sure. But I hope so.

I still hope that Origins gets everything sorted, as it has what I care more for, a real international community of players, and non retard GMs.
Aaron

Postby Borrower » Fri 21. Feb 2014, 14:17

Aaron wrote:I still hope that Origins gets everything sorted, as it has what I care more for, a real international community of players, and non retard GMs.

My thoughts excactly tho that ban post is simply retarded :shock:
Niels
Niels
Borrower

Postby Borrower » Fri 21. Feb 2014, 15:05

think this setup would be better
2x Healer, 1x Shaman, 1x Warrior, 2x Runies, 1x Sm 1x BD
Niels
Borrower

Postby Artemix » Sun 23. Feb 2014, 23:32

ok time to say some words too^^...first of all we manage to built a strong team...we managed to do what usually other peole miss..work as a team allthough that sometimes has some difficulties^^...new members joined us...memebers that rappresent the spirit of this guild..awesome persons and good players with who i had so much fun until now...yes i dont like the lags..i dont like the cap i dont like some things...but allthough that we managed to do something that other people had only in their minds as an idea^^...come and dominate :)...noone could put that in doubt...the pro guilds stayed only on words...we passed in facts and we are not only the most succesfull guild that came from uthgard but the numer 1 on genesis too...

That is something that we managed all together...and as Mark said...other people failed cause they miss something...i still remember some months ago when we had a discussion about the future of Rare....not only we passed over the bad moment but we made to climb to the top again^^....i am sure that most of the people that Mark mentioned before they dont saw on genesis for the reason we all know :)...we managed even to dominate without svgs in group...i dont know what else is left for us to do except just have fun cause i dont think someone could stand and face us so easily^^...

I agree with Mike and i want to thank him here for his hard work that we all benefit with th crafters..if in a future we go on uth again is somthing that we have to fix ^^...

I agree even with Aaron about what he said about US prime time etc^^...but i guess he can always follow us on uthgard and continue on genesis when he logs at a moment that we canot offer him a group...

I agree with Plok too that some things are frustating^^...

I would go back to uth cause it could give some things we miss here^^...as server perfomance and ofc i would like to face some peole that didnt follow on genesis and we didnt had the chance to face them...
Genesis or Uthgard has no such imoortance for me...i follow the guild...and i hope no matter happens (allthough for sure some people will follow their own way cause this is how things happen sometimes..and i will miss them) we will continue to maintain the spirit of this family^^...

P.S. i was about to forget...SONGOTENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :mrgreen:
Artemix

Postby Qerildan » Wed 12. Mar 2014, 11:39

Bloodwyne wrote:Another thing which would NEVER happen on Uthgard. Incompetence at its best. And really i hate speaking positive about Uthgard GMs as they are a bunch of retards aswell :D

The best GM's in Uthgard are Rare :D

I dont know if i would come back to Uthgard imo. I'm still fucking pissed of the rollback. Its about the time i've spend to get 50. And its about my epic cloak :(

But ofc, if uthgard is up again i will take some free days and level up again, even though it might be no reaver again than^^
will see what the future brings....

greets,
Sam
Qerildan
Technical Officer
Technical Officer