Go to footer

Internal Vids

Re: Internal Vids

Postby Bloodwyne » Wed 18. Sep 2013, 09:01

Hopper1984 wrote:
Bloodwyne wrote:guildgroup vs bloodangels and even loosing..cmon why would i upload that

This comment from you Mark, is in my oppinion, the point. You expacted NOT to lose against a grp like BA or possibly JdF/DG. You made me think yesterday, that you even expacted a victory against Req and that this is the only grp you accept a defeat.

Yes, i do expect a Rare guildgroup to defeat Bloodangels without any problems, no matter the setup. This should be all of your expectations as we are a 8v8 oriented RvR guild. Its different with Req, but at their current state they shouldnt be a problem too. And tbh Stefan, the final result of a loose against Bloodangels makes me quit the grp, but the frustration already grew in the other fights because some people really played horribly... Not going into detail because we were running a castergrp (without trispec cabby -> failure) and with 2 randoms that didnt really do well too. You for example still play wrong in a castergrp, you feel the need to rupt things way to often or deal with overextended people, casters need the only slamer in the back ALL THE TIME, noticed that on hero too and i told u PLENTY times, still nothing changed, its not about giving everyone stun timers, its about keeping the ass of casters free even if that means to deal with only 1 or 2 enemies and snaring them for a long time of the fight. Its a different playstyle compared to our tank setups for sure, but at some point people with that DAoC experience should learn...

I dont understand your sudden „rage“quit, but when i am reading this, than i do, perhapes.

The sound in your voice when you quited the grp made me thought you dont want to play with such „noobish“ guys like us/me. When you logged your arms and keept going to play the game solo.
And especially than, i thought i am right.

Indeed i was pissed off, but that was definately not my thought as i ofc know we could do better than this, dont you think that too? Additionally im tired of all these arrogant retards from Prime and TI who think they are better than everyone else and i'd really like to proof them wrong and they killed Bloodangels with 7 while Zerpi was standing next to me at AMG telling me that hes waiting for his awesome group, makes me wanna hit him with a bat. Not that it's something special to kill BA with 7, but i hope u know what i mean.

I dont care about the defeat. We/me did some mistakes and got punished by a lost fight. But thats the game. Victory and defeat. Not everyone from us can play his char perfectly the whole time. Especeally not in a setup and a gameplay were not really used to play.
But this is not what i am up to.

Your right, different setups need some warmup maybe, but its not only me in our groups who plays this game for years and it kinda starts to boring me if people still ask the same stupid questions they've been answered a hundred times and when a RR11 Theurgist comes up with skill or RA specs who are totally retarded for everyone who has atleast a basic clue of the game, always finding a "better" way than the suggestions that are being made. And yes i do care about win or loose, thats why i play 8vs8 and not keeptaking or zerging or PvE all the time. I wish some of you would care a bit more aswell.

To have some engangement to be a good player, perhapes to be the best guildgrp, and we are even up on one level with setgroups like Prime, Req(in there best playersetup) is deserved from all of us, i guess. Otherwise if were not looking for challenges like this, Rare would not became what Rare is and what you made out of the guild.
MY oppinion is, that nearly every player, here on uthgard, you can count on, would say that Rare belongs to the most honourable, most static and strongest guilds on this server.

Look, its really good and it was a long way to be the guild that we are, people respect us cause we stick to certain principles (atleast most do /wave ugur) and still being competetive and successfull in 8vs8. But you shouldnt forget that we are an 8vs8 centered guild and 8vs8 simply is a competetive team sport, nothing more and nothing less. At the end of such a sport, its about winning and loosing and the skill of playing as an individual and especially as a team. I've played alot with other groups lately, especially Requiem, and i can tell you its not only the language barrier they have ahead of us. Everyone in their group knows the theorie of DAoC as good as it is necessary to analyse actions of group and opponents during a fight, that leads to a fucking good communication during the fight, nothing compared to us. Still we manage to kill them the last month more than they kill us, but we rarely played a full guildgroup too so that is rather vague. I see alot of love with the game by our members, but what i really miss and what is necessary to stay at the top is sportsmanship, the will to win and not just to play. You might say that has never been the intention of Rare, WRONG, maybe at the beginning it wasn't but the players on Uthgard evolved and so did i and so did Rare and if we had'nt evolved all the time, then we would rather be a "NightWatch" or even "Virus" type of guild.

You are an enganged and of cause a damn good player. Forcing everyone to play better, and always trying to give the best. Sometimes more rough but its okay if knowing you.
And I really really appreciate this character attribute from you, and i suppose everyone else does.

But the last few weeks you became more and more in a different „ragemode“ when loosing a fight.
In the first place i am playing the game coz of fun. I just enjoy to play my paladin, especially since i am rr10/11.
Success belongs to fun, of cause and there is sometimes just a small middleground in between.
But from time to time it looks like you setting the factor of success higher than fun, and this is not the way i want to take. I want to combine both like we/rare did before.
I am up for constructive criticism in almost every kind of way. When i am playing bullshit than say it, like you always did. But dont be too „dickköpfig“ (really dont know how to translate now :D ) from time to time.

From time to time it looks like you taking the game too serious in some cases and success means more for you than fun. Yesterday when we start playing, it looked like for me. Otherwise you would not have „rage“quited. Possibly you think you became way too good for us i really dont know.

What i want to say is, that you should come down from the high horse you are sitting at. At least when your playing with us.

This part goes to me personally and made me think most. I think you are partially right, currently my ambition to do 8vs8 is mostly fed by the competition between TI and Prime who are both playing Alb pretty successfull and are on a good way (for some they already did (atleast TI)) to take our "title". That really pisses me off, because i played with and against them. Yes they have a high rr setup and they usually run with the same 7 or 8 players or they dont run at all. I know that and that makes it alot harder for us to compete with them. STILL they are far from being the better individuals, gameplay wise. My frustration tollerance is pretty low atm and its also very frustrating to see that there is really only like 3-4 people left in Rare that take the game seriously. I can mention Justmezz (who can't get as competetive cause of his RL dutys, same for Lupold, even tho i think you could be alot better if you would care a bit about gamemechanics (for example playing different classes) Ugur, who is a special case as he got the will to win same as i do but who is also someone where the term "pigheaded" absolutely fits and therefor he fails in theory eventhough he brings the right spirit. Aaron who we rarely see at primetime lately and Patryk. Well thats about it, the rest is happy how it is going or simply dont want to improve at all, or simply is to inactive to become any competetive (as i always said, activity is the key for success in DAoC). Req TI and Prime have alot more people that really love 8vs8, and naming this their hobby, same as i do. This is the crucial difference between us and them. Now its for sure not in my power to change that, the only way i can influence that a little is by trying to recruit more ambitioned people to the guild.
But one thing you really got wrong Stefan, i still like to play with you guys the most, by far. And that even though i admit that with some people i have a bad feeling to group up with when groups like Prime or Requiem are running in a strong setup. It is not my fault that there is so few casual action rightnow and with our current playerbase i think we are not fit to face Prime when they are strong. And who wants to do 8vs8 when theres only strong groups out (which happens alot lately, or no inc at all) just to get raped over and over? I don't and if you think about it im sure you wouldn't enjoy it either even though you'd probably still laugh at the end of the day while i was mad and angry (i cant help it) :D But that has never been different, the only thing that has changed in my opinion is the guilds position and im just trying to keep Rare on top, and loosing against Bloodangels will make me get mad always and theres nothing anyone, including myself, can do about it and whoever thinks it doesnt matter really has the wrong attitude for 8vs8.
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

by Advertising » Wed 18. Sep 2013, 09:01

Advertising

Postby Justmezz » Wed 18. Sep 2013, 09:22

Both posts are good, none of the two different attitudes mentioned here is "wrong", in my opinion. I can understand both of you.

But there is one thing i would change: Its the competition with Prime and Team Ingo. Both are goddam SETGROUPS. TI even has higher RR than most Raregroups. We just can not be that active, because most people in Rare got too much RL-Stuff to do. So on the long run, their situation is totally different than ours. They SHOULD do way better than we do, and every fight we win against them/against enemies that killed them, is something we accomplished even though the odds were against us.

Its like Mark said: we might have maybe 3 constant players (guessed, i cant tell, im never there...), so even if we run Guildgroups, we will still be a Pug. It will be like a TI-group with 3-4 TIs, or a Primegrp with 4-5 randoms. Its kind of our bane ;)

But I have to say that theres no group on Uthgard I would ever prefer to a Raregroup. The combination of nice TS-atmosphere (except the day be4 yesterday) and still competitive gameplay is just great :)
Justmezz

Postby Bloodwyne » Mon 23. Sep 2013, 16:55

Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Borrower » Mon 23. Sep 2013, 21:54

Enjoyable vid
Niels
Borrower

Postby Bloodwyne » Thu 3. Oct 2013, 19:03

Uploaded some 40 min vid with a couple of PoV's

0:00 - 16:27 BM PoV

16:28 - 27:42 Cleric PoV

27:43 - 31:57 Merc PoV

31:58 - 43:54 Warden PoV

43:55 - End Hero PoV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IknnuFtgByE
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Justmezz » Fri 4. Oct 2013, 16:56

I really enjoyed watching this, especially as i can not play at the moment. Very nice vid, thx for sharing ;)
Justmezz

Previous