Go to footer

New friends!

New friends!

Postby divinia » Thu 9. Jun 2016, 23:09

Hello, I am Divinia.

Me and three other friends were recently invited to join you in your ventures on Uthgard 2.0. So I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you and say that we are very excited about playing with Rare.

I figured that it'd be nice to say something about us before we begin! So, theres me, Swedish male, 31 years old. I've been playing DAoC since the European beta, at release I played my Bard Divinia on Excalibur in guilds such as Vengeance, Ithil Galad, Bulle af Fetstryk and Celtic Fist. I quit playing some time after ToA at RR8.

Later on, when they announced the NA classic servers me, soi, rane and dr00l played together on Albion, Gareth in the guild Inbreed, We played together in many different setups and many of us reached RR8-10. We've also been playing together in different games for over about 10 years now. So we've got a good dynamic between us and hope to bring that to Rare.

I am an easygoing person who likes to compete and have fun. I try my best to lighten the mood in my environments. I work as a graphical designer/copywriter/web editor. Live together with my girlfriend in Västerås, Sweden.

Once again, we're looking forward to playing with you!
divinia

by Advertising » Thu 9. Jun 2016, 23:09

Advertising

Re: New friends!

Postby dr00l » Fri 10. Jun 2016, 12:20

Hello, and thank you for the invite to Rare!

I'll just use this thread instead of making a new one and say hello to the people that don't use WhatsApp, if there are any of you besides my own countrymen which haven't gotten around to it quite yet. ;)

I'm Jon, 30 years old and I'm living in Avesta, Sweden together with my girlfriend and a cat. I didn't play much EU DAoC competetively back in the day since I lived too far from anything even close to resembling a broadband connection. Playing a sorc in RvR on Prydwen with ~200ms ping on 56k modem that disconnected alot mostly got me a position as benchwarmer.

I later on moved into Avesta and finally got ADSL a few months before the US Classic servers launched. Gareth is where me and rane met Divinia, soi and a few others and that's where I've spent most of my DAoC-career, both in the Classic version and after they made all servers ToA.

I'm a competetive person who wants to win and succeed in what I do but I'm in no way such a sore loser that I can't laugh about losses at the same time. My work as a process operator for Outokumpu Avesta requires me to work shifts which means I'm not always available during primetime, but I make up for that by having very few other obligations in my life.

Thank you for having us!
dr00l

Postby Bloodwyne » Sat 11. Jun 2016, 08:31

Hello Jon, Divinia, soi, rane

i want to welcome you to Rare! I really appreciate that your introducing yourselfs. I have only had the opportunity to chat with dr00l a bit.

I told him during the BETA of Uthgard2.0 Rare will be rather inactive. Please keep your self up to date about certain events we might do during beta. In July and August there will be a couple of those. We want to get a perfect start on Uthgard2.0 and therefor we are sometimes gathering to do some test runs. 5-10 10-15 and so on. Getting a headstart on release is very important and the first days of a server release were always very exciting to me as i have experienced a couple of DAoC server releases already.

Anyway we are currently arranging, planing, theorycrafting etc. We will see how it all turns out once shit goes real. We have quite alot of new members for Uthgard2.0 which is great. Combining the history and old rabbits of Rare with alot of new inspiration and people will be a damn good thing. I've also always had a good impression of scandinavian volks concerning gaming and attitude. I am proud to call 4 sweds part of the family now. I hope you will find what your looking for with Rare!

Cheers,
Mark
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby s1m0n » Sat 11. Jun 2016, 09:48

Welcome to Rare ;)
s1m0n

Postby rane » Thu 16. Jun 2016, 15:03

Hi, I'm Rane and I'm bad at introductions o/
Always used the "copy-paste what the last person said /replace name".

Joke (truth) aside, I'm a 30 year old guy living in the same town as dr00l. Working a 9-5, no gf, no cat and with little to no obligations I'm probably going to be fairly active on Uthgard 2.0 EU prime.

I'm a friendly and easy-going person - maybe a little quiet in the beginning trying to get the feel of the environment. Other than that I'm devoted and patient, usually the last one to log off for the night.

Like many, if not all of you, I've been consistently playing video games my whole life, and DAoC definitely ranks as my all time favorite MMO.
I started out in the EU beta and enjoyed/suffered under the reins of GOA for a long period. I've always liked to compete at a high enough level no matter the game. Playing with or without IRL friends in various guilds I've exclusively played DAoC for it's RvR, or 8v8 rather.

As they've already mentioned, me and dr00l met Soi and Divinia some time after US opened up their classic server doors. The four of us and about 8 other swedes were playing together for quite a while. We became a tight-knit group and did very well in the RvR compartment - however I don't think we acquired a lot of fame. But that may have been due to the fact that we spent less time competing on the VN-boards. Allegedly that's where the real battles were fought.

Being invited to Rare really got me excited since I once again get the chance to enjoy this game, the RvR and playing with old and hopefully new friends. I think we will be able to bring something to the table as well as getting to learn and experience new stuff.

So thanks for the opportunity and looking forward to playing with you!
rane

Postby Bloodwyne » Thu 16. Jun 2016, 18:10

Sam, where is the like button?

Welcome Rane, good to have you!

Cheers
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Samu » Sun 19. Jun 2016, 10:19

Since i'm a new member too i was looking as well to introduce myself! I'll take the chance in this topic!

My name is Samuele, i'm 27 and i'm Italian. I'm an engineer working on shifts for a big international company!
Playing daoc since 2003, first on italian server then on USA\EU till 2007, after that i quitted live accounts and started on freeshards.
Skipped totally uth1.0, played mostly on first i50pvp, Eden, yggrasil and many others with nice competitive eu guilds. Most common nickname was using is Steel.

Looking forward to play and rape with you guys :)
Steel
Samu

Return to Board index

Return to DAoC