Go to footer

Starting on Origins (New Classic Freeshard)

Re: Starting on Origins (New Classic Freeshard)

Postby Borrower » Sat 5. Oct 2013, 11:17

can go all kobold/dwarf :p

<Rare Midgets>

xD
Niels
Borrower

by Advertising » Sat 5. Oct 2013, 11:17

Advertising

Postby Bloodwyne » Sat 5. Oct 2013, 12:16

hmm feels like there has been sth like that already!
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Zail » Sat 5. Oct 2013, 14:09

Bloodwyne wrote:hmm feels like there has been sth like that already!

[May not ride the rollercoaster] ? ;) . Well i'm up for any realm as well, but as always, i'll never play any kind of healing class cause i'm just too bad at it. From the few memories i've got from this version of daoc (pre-toa if i'm right) i remember a setgroup running with 2hand svg which was REALLY deadly. I just wanna know how close to livelike the server will be. A rm spe bolt could be quite fun as well :D .
Zail

Postby Borrower » Sat 5. Oct 2013, 14:16

There was <Midget Mafia> on Prydwen
guess just <Rare> will suffice :p
Think i'll go svg, prolly with Aaron since he's got some experience with the class? ;)
Niels
Borrower

Postby Aaron » Sun 6. Oct 2013, 08:27

Ya savage for sure if we go mid, but I would also likely make a healer. Too bad no character transfers!

Snare is always nice for sure, but you could just do 2 h2h savages and 1 Hammer savage (or zerker, or warrior). Savage with 2H hammer, 39% self haste and celerity is cap speed easy. Warriors are not bad, its just that guard prolly won't be doing much and savages are insane damage in this setting.
Aaron

Postby Justmezz » Sun 6. Oct 2013, 10:53

I still dislike mid plus we never played there as guild unlike the other realms.

I am not sure if it makes a lot of sense to start such a hardcore setup (3svgs, no warrior) without knowing the servers settings. Just imagine the defense-penetration is uth-like. I think a req-style hib-setup is way more "allround" and could adapt to many situations.
Justmezz

Postby Aaron » Sun 6. Oct 2013, 11:50

Just imagine they use the default DOL defense system and guard does absolutely nothing. Also seems unlikely they'd copy uthgard's snare system, so snares will be 40% not 60%. Eld has no RR5 for escape, no PD, no BoF, bard has no SoS, and old school prevent flight makes peeling a tank very hard. Warden has no usable heals except the baselines, and can't even cure disease. I think req setup would likely be very weak.

In hib I would say something like Bard, 3 druid, 4 tanks (heros/BMs) would do best. Maybe add like a mana eld, or mana chanter, but I see the expected lifespan of a caster in a setup like that being very short.

I don't see why playing a realm the guild doesn't already have setup on uthgard is a bad thing, seems like a plus to me.

and don't underestimate the 3 healer, 3 DPS setup. It was the cookie cutter setup on mid during SI days pretty much up until NF came out, and for good reason.
Aaron

Postby Bloodwyne » Sun 6. Oct 2013, 12:22

i like aarons idea tbh. i guess im going for a pac healer!

so is it ok for you guys to create guildaccounts? as i mentioned in the first post? or u still care so much about your reputation?

If you are up for guildaccount please do it like that: ACCOUNT: originspac/originsaug/originstri/originssavage/originssavage2/originssavage3/originsskald/originsshaman/originswarrior

PASSWORD: vagina
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Justmezz » Sun 6. Oct 2013, 16:50

im up for guildaccounts (surprise, as i cant play atm it just means you do all the work -.-). But even without my natural egoism it seems the fastest and smartest way to get ready on a new server, especially as we are changing players all the time. so we could focus on leveling 8 or ten or whatever, instead of 20 chars.

When is this origins-thing gonna start?

Edit:
And if we are going for some coordination, couldnt we agree on start stats and races? i think it makes sense to make the tanks and supps look the same, so enemies would get into trouble with mezz-/slamtimer ^^. Actually i do not know the startstats for any of the classes for sure
Justmezz

Postby Borrower » Sun 6. Oct 2013, 23:06

Kob svg fo sho
Niels
Borrower

PreviousNext