Go to footer

Starting on Origins (New Classic Freeshard)

Re: Starting on Origins (New Classic Freeshard)

Postby Aaron » Mon 7. Oct 2013, 02:20

Kobold probably has the best stats since it means you don't need any MoArms in order to cap your swing speed. Unless you are gonna go 2H, then troll is best.

If the shaman has MoA(buff)1 (with yellow DQ) or if you plan on using a 75 DQ charge, and if you plan on getting aug quick 1 (+6 quickness), then kobolds only need 2 points into quickness at start to hit the 250 cap (will be 251 with charge and 248 if shaman has no MOA). And if for some reason you were planning on getting dodger, then you need no points at creation (since dodger requires AQ2, but dodger is wasted on savage imo). Or if the shaman has MOA2 then you don't need any into quick at creation either.

It is interesting to note however, that even a troll can hit the cap (10 quickness at creation, aug quick1, shaman with MOA1) swing speed with only MoArms3, though this costs 20 RSPs (with aug str 3 as pre req). At high RR, the highest DPS savage is likely a troll. I guess the troll starts to out DPS the kobold somewhere around RR6-7
Aaron

by Advertising » Mon 7. Oct 2013, 02:20

Advertising

Postby Borrower » Mon 7. Oct 2013, 11:13

By then the kob svg can have like MoP4 or smth tho
Guess: Tireless1 -> LW1 -> Det5 -> Dex2 -> MoP4? Wich is 5L8
Or are there better RAs to take for svg?
Niels
Borrower

Postby Bricen » Mon 7. Oct 2013, 15:56

My vote goes for Mid. But i will play anywhere the guild goes. Im very excited for this server as you can see I talk about it all the time! I'm thinking of playing an AugH. It will be my first time playing a healing class but I think I and we will do just fine :) I like the idea of the savage group as well, think it would be pretty nasty! I heard the servers are coming up in about a month, but that could be a rumor so don't mark my words!
Bricen

Postby Zail » Mon 7. Oct 2013, 21:47

Can you guys tell what the exact setup would be on mid ? I'm up to play anything, just letting you know that' i've never been really good at healer's class. For the account names i would go for something a bit less obvious than origin[class]. As for the name of the guild, let's keep it simple: either <Rare> or <Zail's slaves> will do. :D
Zail

Postby Aaron » Mon 7. Oct 2013, 23:26

Borrower wrote:By then the kob svg can have like MoP4 or smth tho
Guess: Tireless1 -> LW1 -> Det5 -> Dex2 -> MoP4? Wich is 5L8
Or are there better RAs to take for svg?

Ya, so at 5L8, they are probably pretty close to equal, since the troll has higher stats but the Kobold has higher MOPain. The Kobbie might be slightly ahead at this point. But once you hit RR6-7, the Troll can now afford to get MOPain as well, and in Old RAs you don't get more Crit % per level when you are in the higher levels like you do in NF. So the troll can spent 10 points on MOPain3 and only be 5% lower crit chance than the Kobold with MOPain4. I haven't done the math, but I would guess the Troll ends up coming out ahead, as in Old RAs I think you can max out all the damage RAs basically. Its still gonna be pretty close either way, and at lower RR the Kobold wins for sure. at least without celerity.

You also want to take some Duelist Reflexes at some point, which lowers the chance of hitting with only 1 claw and raises the chance to hit with 2 claws.

Ignore Pain is also not bad to take once youre like RR9+ or something and have nothing else to drop points on.

For an exact setup on mid, I would say a nice standard setup would be something like;

44 pac 30+ mend healer

38 pac 19 aug 30+ mend healer

36+ aug 30+ mend healer

Shaman, probably with pbae instant disease

Skald, probably 50 BS not sure

h2h savage

h2h savage

h2h or 2H savage

and I personally do like the idea of running all midgets. if skald was dwarf it could even be 4 dwarfs and 4 kobold.
Aaron

Postby Borrower » Mon 7. Oct 2013, 23:51

was looking forward to playing lil kobbie doing insane dmg but 4 trolls charging into battle seems pretty kewl aswell
for skald i went 46BS 44Hammer 17 Parry
i'd go:
44pac 31mend Healer
37aug 39mend Healer(maybe 44aug but guess we don't need purp celer with these svgs)
36 pac 40mend Healer(don't see much point in the 19aug spec tbh)
46aug 27cave 7mend or 42aug 27cave 20mend Shaman
46BS 44Hammer 17Parry Skald
49Savegery 44weapon Savage(think this seems most likely spec? or do we need 50weapon?)
What you think?

Niels

PS a troll can cap spd? they got 35quickness starting :o
Niels
Borrower

Postby Aaron » Tue 8. Oct 2013, 01:49

Ya, savages always go 49 savegry 44 weapon for max damage. Trolls need MOA3 to cap attack speed, but once they can afford that, theyve got 10 more weapon stat than a kobold, which comes out to just a slightly better deal than paying 10 points for say aug str or dex 4 and getting +6. That really doesn't come into play until high RR though, and the difference is still minimal. So I say kobold. But any savage planning on 2H should be either norseman or troll (troll is best for sure).

The 19 aug is there for skald/2H savage. Green celerity is enough for 2H savage to cap out swing speed, and also negates any haste debuffs the enemy tries to use (actually important against pbt+haste debuffing theurs). Celerity range sometimes leaves the aug in a spot where they can't keep it up the entire fight, and in that case it wouldn't be bad to have a 2nd celerity up in the front lines. Although if all savages are h2h kobolds, this is less beneficial. I do think 38 pac would be nice on the 2nd paccie, because it gives 2 more instas (aoe stun and aoe mezz, both 150 radius so you can use them more like single target), and the yellow (56 second) root.

I guess the aug just needs enough aug for whatever resists are necessary. I don't know if the yellow spreadheal would be usable, for some reason I seem to recall it drained too much power back in the day. But probably worth testing. 100% rez is nice though for sure, I don't know if its worth giving up the yellow energy resist or not for it, especially in a group with 3 PRs already.

I think the 46 aug spec makes the most sense for the shaman, since the baseline heals will be what you use anyway, speccing higher mend really just lowers variance. Especially if one savage is 2H, red SC is nice.
Aaron

Postby Borrower » Tue 8. Oct 2013, 13:01

Btw guys feel free to register and help beta test this server..
http://daoc-origins.net
Copy your daoc file put the origins patch in then change the location daoc portal uses and u can connect (this is so u can just change portal location again to play uth)
There's also an Awesome looking launcher tho it doesn't work yet for me
Niels
Borrower

Postby Aaron » Sat 12. Oct 2013, 04:47

Just read on their site they are intending to use patch 1.62. That was before the savage nerf. Quad rates were something like 10-12% at that time, and 2H savages were on the same table as warriors. Savage buffs were 30 seconds, and used your % of base HP not buffed HP when calculating cost. There was also no speed restriction. Savages gonna be good.
Aaron

Postby Bloodwyne » Sat 12. Oct 2013, 08:45

and there will be alot of them:P someone said most ppl are already playing mid.. but thats measured by a population of about 20-30 so not really representative hopefully..

i still vote for mid, i just hate doing templates there :P
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

PreviousNext