Go to footer

The future of Rare

The future of Rare

Postby Bloodwyne » Sun 3. Nov 2013, 16:29

Hey guys,

i think the few that still play this game active noticed it aswell that we came to a point we havent been yet. Atleast not when i have been activly playing the game. Not only arent we able to form guildgroups anymore but also arent we able to form Rare pugs anymore. I know there is still people that really like to play this game and simply cant because of RL issues/dutys or timezone problematics but there is also many people of this guild that have lost the motivation for this game/server/ maybe even our guild during the last years. We have lost alot of people but we recruited even more and all of them are and were a part of this guild and i think everyone that is or was in Rare knows that there is a crucial difference to every other guild you can find on the server. The combination of skill, principles and a good personality in every single one of our members. In my opinion especially the last 2 points differ us from the other guilds. Sadly i see myself realizing this concept is not working anymore for a small server like Uthgard. People that combine all the "Rare-attributes" PLUS being active and dedicated RvR-players are really really unique. Ive been working on this guild for many years and while i was active usually we were atleast able to get some pugs going.

The fact that so many of our old members left us due to rule violations and conflicts with my personally also comes to count. I know i dont have the easiest personality and i am sometimes way to dogged for this game but that is something i can't change. I still love to play this game tho and this won't change until Camelot Unchained either (if it changes then at all ;)) so im now trying to find a solution to get happy on Uthgard again and feel part of a community that shares the same or atleast the closest to the same attitude that i share with this game. Thats why im thinking about applying to Requiem. Apart of 2 obvious exceptions i have never had any trouble with one of them during the many years we know eachother, now i havent talked to anyone of them yet because i wanted to talk to you guys first.

For me there are certain kind of options atm.

- Asking Requiem to merge our hib toons to Requiem and their alb toons to Rare.

- Giving up the leadership of Rare to a member i completely trust and join Requiem alone.

- Getting active ourselves again and revive our guild (my personal favorite but also the one i think is most unlikely)

- dissolve Rare completely on Uthgard but keep the guild and forum up together for future games like Camelot Unchained

This being said, this is a discussion thread, i havent made any decisions yet and havent talked to anybody about it and thats why i want you guys to handle this topic very cautiousness, we dont need to spread any rumors yet nothing has been decided, so lets keep it between us and lets try to find a solution.

Fact is, i want to play this game again with the feeling im part of an active community that when it fails, fails together and when it succeeds succeeds together. I dont have that here anymore and it makes me fucking sad.

Cheers
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

by Advertising » Sun 3. Nov 2013, 16:29

Advertising

Re: The future of Rare

Postby Lindsey » Sun 3. Nov 2013, 17:55

Heya =) thats very bad news that u really think 2 leave . atm i cant play but next sunday i can start 2 play again normali and then i would love 2 join game and see that guild is still alive =) and for me it would be very bad thing when Rare will split becous then i dont have guild in hib or alb anymore =(
Lindsey

Postby Bloodwyne » Sun 3. Nov 2013, 18:34

nothing is decided yet and i wont leave or do anything with Rare without considering every single members point of view!
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Justmezz » Sun 3. Nov 2013, 19:35

Heres my opinion: We should not delete the guild. Mark leaving rare would mean the same, because its Mark's guild. I am ok with joining requiem (even though i would like to keep playing alb) and ofc i would prefer reviving the guild.

I am about to rejoin rvr this week.
Justmezz

Postby Artemix » Sun 3. Nov 2013, 20:50

well i ve read the post...allthought that i would like to take a little bit of time before answering cause i would like to answer as better as i could...for sure i dont want Mark to leave us :D
Artemix

Postby Aaron » Tue 5. Nov 2013, 10:15

My playtime will be increasing drastically during EU primetime in the coming weeks. We are just about done moving our facilities, so its soon to be on cruise control I hope.

It is always hard to find decent people, that are skilled, and have the playtime for sure. Every guild I have been in has had this trouble at some time or another. And it is also true that the personality type that it takes to lead a good guild in daoc (rvr wise) will often create some internal conflict by definition, since without that competitive spirit, the guild would be a bunch of baddies :D

About reqiuem, well I just couldn't join them due to some of the players they have in their guild. Too many zergling adders for me. And maybe there are some core req people that are non adders and don't zerg, but a sandwich that is even 1% shit, is still a shit sandwich.
Aaron

Postby Ricoshay » Tue 5. Nov 2013, 20:41

Going straight to the subject and replying to each option with my view on it (half-active, no idea who Requiem are, not fully committed to DAoC):

"- Asking Requiem to merge our hib toons to Requiem and their alb toons to Rare." - Seems the best realistic option to preserve our unity as a group of players. Mostly talking about the old guys, as well as the new.

"- Giving up the leadership of Rare to a member i completely trust and join Requiem alone." - Rare would die. There's noone atm able to both be active enough and have the level of competence needed for us. I might be wrong.

"- Getting active ourselves again and revive our guild (my personal favorite but also the one i think is most unlikely)" - Agree, unlikely. Unrealistically ideal.

"- dissolve Rare completely on Uthgard but keep the guild and forum up together for future games like Camelot Unchained" - We'd die out. CU comes out in 2-3 years or so.

Those being said, time to be sentimental. I've had some fucking incredible fun in Rare - both in RvR and TS and from my point of view it's the best guild (group of people) I've ever been in outside of my live guild. I know that second best isn't much to some, but for me it means a whole lot.

I wish we'd stay together either in the shape of either option 1 or 3, but if that wont be the case, I've decided to not join another guild on Uthgard.

Cheers,
Mihai
Being better than you since 1981.
Ricoshay

Postby Bloodwyne » Wed 6. Nov 2013, 06:55

We could try one last thing, find 1-3 days in the week where we do RvR together. In the past i disliked such planning for a game, but i got a different view today. Anyone has a time-planer or sth which would make it easy to find out which days in the week are best for us to form a group? Once we have such a planer everyone should help and contact old members via facebook etc. so really everyone reads this thread. If this doesnt work out i dont see me spending my time on a guild anymore, ill also be Rare forever but im here to play this game in the first place and i can't atm, atleast not the way i like to.
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Justmezz » Wed 6. Nov 2013, 12:16

I like Mark's idea. I just dont want Rare to stop existing after all those years (even a few with me being part of it).

I made a "doodle-poll". You have to follow the link:

http://doodle.com/u45p8tuts9xfgw5y

Than enter your name where it says "Your Name" and set a hook for everyday you could join. Afterwards save it by clicking "Save".

I just left out the days i could never join, even though every1 knows i wont always be able to join on the other days.
Justmezz

Postby Artemix » Wed 6. Nov 2013, 14:26

Getting active ourselves again and revive our guild ...that is the option that everyone of us would like...

Asking Requiem to merge our hib toons to Requiem and their alb toons to Rare. its a solution but from the moment that at least one member dont like this solution i dont vote for that...plus that maybe would need time to get used of that plus other little problems that would create...lke priority that could give to a Rare member to get the spot on alb instead of a req one...same thing for them on hib i guess...

ing up the leadership of Rare to a member i completely trust and join Requiem alone=we will "die" and dont want to dissolve the guild too...but in any case things would be very very hard...

now as about the possible schedule i dont think it could work..i am pessimist...we need some active members...but seems for the moment we cant even get some opinions here on forum...

at the end i will understand and respect every decision Mark takes...no need to giv a reason for that we are all mature and we understand...
Artemix

Next