Go to footer

Account hacked and gone

Re: Account hacked and gone

Postby Bloodwyne » Sat 8. Sep 2012, 11:45

i sent a email to anet now in a hurry leaving the cd key blank... trying to find it now...maybe i have backed it up... lets see
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

by Advertising » Sat 8. Sep 2012, 11:45

Advertising

Postby Mellas » Sat 8. Sep 2012, 11:45

i think its enough if you just give em the account name + number, but im not sure.. since wen you make your account that name + number gets registired too the CK-key and its none change able in anyway.
Mellas

Postby Bloodwyne » Sat 8. Sep 2012, 12:52

alright, i guess i was lucky, that chinese fuck hacked into my mail and game account, he had access to everything related to gw2 i guess.. i think he even deleted my cd key mail (or was that me?:P) ... well i had the same email pw as game account pw which is very stupid...but i never got attacked by a hacker...

anyway he only took my 5 or 6 golds and maybe 1-2 items from the bank which i cant remember though... i changed the email and pw now and im back in the race:P

hopefully anet will give me the money back
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Dundun » Sat 8. Sep 2012, 16:37

That's why I've changed the pasw after the start, when the 1st hacker wave appeared. I suggest to do it for all of us.
Dundun

Postby Bloodwyne » Sat 8. Sep 2012, 19:38

Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Jadene » Mon 10. Sep 2012, 13:04

Just something I came across whilst checking out the business sections today at work.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19543035
Jadene

Postby Bloodwyne » Wed 19. Sep 2012, 00:38

Hallo Mark,

wir möchten uns für die Verzögerung bei der Bearbeitung deiner Anfrage entschuldigen. Wir bewältigen gegenwärtig ein höheres Maß an Anfragen als gewöhnlich.

Die Kontrolle deines GW 2 Account hat keine Hacker Aktivitäten ergeben. Dennoch haben wir dein Passwort zurückgesetzt. Es sollte dir nun möglich sein, dich mit dem dir bekannten Account-Namen und diesem Passwort: einzuloggen.

Its late so i chose google translation:

Hi Mark,

We apologize for the delay in processing your request. We currently manage a higher level of inquiries than usual.

The control of your GW 2 account has been no hacking activities. Nevertheless, we have reset your password. There you should now be possible, you familiar with you account name and this password: log.

They didn't even read my ticket... i mean at the end i dont care about that 6 gold but its kinda bad that they are not able to see that there was a hacker in my account... i even gave em his IP and Place lol... whatever
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Lasastard » Wed 19. Sep 2012, 08:40

To be honest, it's a matter of definition. If someone managed to figure out your account details without trying it by brute force on the Anet login screen (i.e. you used the same email and password on an insecure forum or wherever), than Anet can't really tell if this was a 'hack' - i.e. a mistake or break-in on their end. Obviously., common sense will tell them that his was not you logging in and removing 6g from the account. So I would have hoped that they can be a little more forthcoming... Oh well, all glory to the standardized answers from customer service ^^
Lasastard

Postby Bloodwyne » Wed 19. Sep 2012, 08:52

well actually they should have been able to see it, as they should be able to see the location where hes coming from and that i was ingame during the attack and we battled about the login of the account :P I mean that doesnt prove it 100% just because he was chinese but adding to that, the fact that he kicked me like 10 times out of the game before he managed to change the password it could be an indication. So some obligingness could have been expected IMO. But as i said... wahtever :P
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Jadene » Wed 19. Sep 2012, 09:10

O my goodness I would be spitting feathers if it was me. The account was hacked regardless if it was because you used your email and game passwords the same.

Plus the fact you have the log in email showing it was from China.

It is a very bad representation of Arena Net not even giving you a personal answer but almost a copy/paste. If it was me I would be appealing them again or trying to contact them by phone somehow but then I am pretty stubborn with things like that. I have luckily never been hacked though I had friends have it happen to.

So sorry to hear this hon :(
Jadene

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Guild Wars 2