Write comments

Attention: Lot-a-Scammer n Hackers arround

Thu 30. Aug 2012, 10:24

Hey Guys,

I just want to inform you that there are several issues with ANet and scammer/hacker.

Ofc only type your password on the gw2 launcher and on their offical website. (phising customer fault)
But tons of e-mails of reseting the password are sent out even you did not request this. This kind of behauvior is even more tricky... Due this issue the password reset command is deactivated by ANet itself, but already a lot of ppl lost their account because changing the accountname (aka your e-mail) can vanish your complete account.

If you receive that e-mail just delete it and change your ingame password more often in the next days. save is save.

But some people already said even without those phising mails got hacked. Thats also the reason you shouldn't be able to send ingame messages anymore, that gold-seller can't rip your ingame stuff.

So i guess some people just sent out to every email they got, from other MMO or somewhere else.
But it seems that some people made it into ANet Database.

well not kind of news i like. anyway, i would recommend to change your Password AND your e-mail to a newly created only for gw2 usage e-mail address!!

Thu 30. Aug 2012, 10:24

Re: Attention: Lot-a-Scammer n Hackers arround

Thu 30. Aug 2012, 10:40

I received this email :

Guild Wars Password Reset‏
29/08/2012
Reply ▼
ArenaNet Add to contacts
To annini_heartcharmer@hotmail.com
Somebody (hopefully you!) asked to reset the password on your Guild Wars account.

To change your password, click the link below.

https://account.guildwars2.com/reset-password/confirm?s **(I removed the other part of the link here)

If you did not request to reset your password, you can ignore this email and no changes will be made to your account.

Need help or have questions about your Guild Wars account? Visit our support site: http://support.guildwars2.com/.

Thanks!

--The ArenaNet Team

Thu 30. Aug 2012, 10:47

I had better change my details then. When I got the email I shoved it in spam but I hope I won't have any issues later on when I get in from work tonight.

The thing was I did for a couple of seconds think it was genuine because only last night I remembered to link my GW1 account with my GW2 account so thought it was relating to that but then I didn't change any passwords.

I didn't click any links though so no idea where they got my email address other than hacking or indeed from other MMOS lilke you have said :/

Thu 30. Aug 2012, 10:52

yeah i got the same e-mail

anyway you should also make a NCsoft master account and link it. so if someone stole the complete account (yeah if someone changes e-mail AND accountname your acc vanishes) you have the chance to get it back via your NCsoft master account...

in my opinion ANet should show everyone the account names ingame... not even in the guildroaster... thats a bit dump

even if you click on this e-mail you cannot do anything cause ANet disabled everything about account reset...
but its very strange that those e-mails come from the IP and logadress from ANet itself oO thats really really weird

Thu 30. Aug 2012, 11:07

Yes a bit concerning, will go see about making up a master account too.

Shame I can't get out today as covering or I would sneak home lol.

Thu 30. Aug 2012, 11:22

do what i do, delete all mails u get if you didnt request anything, dont give ur pw to anyone

why even change ur pw? its impossible for someone to get ur password if hes not a hacker and i doubt they will target one of you

and most important, dont downlad 3rd party tools

Thu 30. Aug 2012, 11:45

Hyrule wrote:its impossible for someone to get ur password if hes not a hacker and i doubt they will target one of you

well idk, i wanted just to inform that weird stuff is going on.
many people already stated that they used a complete independend pw , but the account got ripped.

Thu 30. Aug 2012, 13:13

Think the one that affected me was when SOE got hacked as was shit as all my payment details were stored there, tho that applied to millions of others as well.

I know one of Claires friends was hacked in Rift but hopefully will not be too many issues in this game.

Thu 30. Aug 2012, 14:40

Looks like they are talking about putting up an authenticator which will help with the security a bit.

I tried to make up a master account but seems I already have one, went to put in my security questions as couldn't remember my password and when prompted for the security questions I failed with the answers. Unless I was drunk or something when filling it out I don't think I am that lax with not knowing my date of birth lol., very weird, but anyways I have set up a new master account now so fingers crossed all oki for me now :)

Thu 30. Aug 2012, 15:17

Strange that they did no authenticator already...

anyway its also a bit weird, without any confirmation e-mail, everything can be changed of your gw2-acc
Write comments

Bei iphpbb3.com bekommen Sie ein kostenloses Forum mit vielen tollen Extras
Forum kostenlos einrichten - Hot Topics - Tags
Beliebteste Themen: Name, Forum, NES, Youtube, Uni

Impressum | Datenschutz