Go to footer

First impressions and thoughts

Re: First impressions and thoughts

Postby Jadene » Mon 3. Sep 2012, 10:01

Morning,

I went out with Mike and Mellas yesterday afternoon as he showed us where the jumping puzzle was.

After doing that (which took me a while :P) we stayed in EB and just ran around as a trio which I really enjoyed as were picking off players away from the zergs going on.

We did go up to the main keep area and defended a bit there though was pretty bad on my frame rate. It seems that one of the other sides doesn't communicate anymore than our side because when I glanced at the area chat it was just bitching going on the usual thing you get I guess. But it was highly amusing because Mellas and I were chasing a couple of players down and we got zerged in the end and released so I was watching on Mikes screen as he was still at the keep at the time and had gone into the inner door area and some of the enemy players were banging on the doors not realising that the other few groups had already got through the other side lol.

I did enjoy it though personally, though I would like it if you did get realmpoints etc like you did in DAOC but I think it has alot of potential from a roaming group point of view.

Also it only took us 3 20 mins to get into EB and that was queuing up around 3PM GMT so it wasn't too bad at that time with the queue.
Jadene

by Advertising » Mon 3. Sep 2012, 10:01

Advertising

Postby Ravis » Mon 3. Sep 2012, 13:58

Yep agree would be good to be able to disable effects so can just have party effects or lower them.

I liked the RVR as first time playing the ranger in PVP and found the class quite affective.

Hard to judge on all the other probs atm but I think it seems to be moving in the right direction.
Ravis

Postby Dundun » Tue 4. Sep 2012, 04:30

It's a nonsense to limit wvwvw entry, there are thousands people on the servers and just few of them can join the area? I don't like this idea. We had zergs in DAoC and it was lagy when met 100-100-100 (or more), but ALL were welcome and even with those lags you still could decently play. In GW2 is all different and I don't like how it's different. PvP isn't for me, when I'll lvl till max and wont get in BG because of 3hours queue, I'd better go and play PvE Diablo3 hardcore mode or return killing dragon on Uthgard.
Dundun

Postby Hyrule » Tue 4. Sep 2012, 09:11

they will fix the queues soon enough for sure. this game is 1 week old
Hyrule

Postby Magicco » Tue 4. Sep 2012, 10:22

the server are to small^^

there are 21(US)+27(Eu) server. A sum of 48 Server.
The game was sold for about more than 1 million. I read somewhere that about 400k players play at one time.
Thats a bit less than 10k people per server (if ALL had balanced populations)
And they stated some days ago, that they will raise the server cap (wrong decision in my opinion)

So 3 borderlands+agramon are 4 zones that 30k or may more people need to split. (ofc not all people go wvw)
so its not compareable with DAoC (3,5k divided trough 3 realms)
its about factor 10 :D
Magicco

Postby Bloodwyne » Tue 4. Sep 2012, 13:06

Guys i have some stuff to do irl atm and therefor cant play alot, it will take probably another week until you see me ingame regulary again.. im sorry about that during this early start of the game, but theres some things that i gotta take care of very soon.. ill be back though and ofc keep myself updated in this forum during this week! <3
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Jadene » Tue 4. Sep 2012, 15:13

No worries Mark take your time :)

Yes I see what you are saying Magicco with the server sizes etc. It is difficult though because I remember in Warhammer and of course the ill fated SWTOR they opened so many servers that after 2 months or so the game became a barren land.

I saw they added some new servers 4 or so I think? but yes it isn't really ideal but I wouldn't have an idea how to fix it.

They could add alot more servers but that doesn't solve the problem of people playing on the busiest ones still like ours.

The only alternative is at present as far as I can see is to transfer to a lower population server to try to lower the queues but who knows hows how great/bad that will be either.

What you also have to remember which is a bit more concerning is alot of people (me included) are working the way to level 80 prior to really concentrating on the PVP side of the game. Now, of course you are going to have people quitting the game as well but if the queues are bad now and they don't come up with something it could potentially become alot worse when the majority of people hit level cap.

They need to do something though, along with the bugs with groups being split in overflows and you can't join or dungeons you can't zone into along with the queue times for PVP but I still think it will be fixed and though it is mega frustrating the game is still pretty young that hopefully won't be too much longer before they come up with some sort of plan one hopes :)
Jadene

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Guild Wars 2