Go to footer

Free world transfers to be 1 per 24 hour period.

Free world transfers to be 1 per 24 hour period.

Postby Aaron » Fri 21. Sep 2012, 02:04

Or at least they will be soon. Looks like they start tomorrow with the new matchups.

This makes me think we should do some server testing tonight before that happens maybe. Otherwise its gonna be a bit of a pain to do.

I have no clue what Orichalcum prices are gonna do now :D
Aaron

by Advertising » Fri 21. Sep 2012, 02:04

Advertising

Re: Free world transfers to be 1 per 24 hour period.

Postby Lasastard » Fri 21. Sep 2012, 06:46

Well, tbh I don't think we really need to consider a transfer any more. The past three nights we went roaming in the Desolation borderlands. Queue times were around 20-40mins (still somewhat random imho) and there was plenty of nice action to be had. Obviously, getting into EB is pretty much impossible and I don't know how much of an issue that would ultimately be.
Lasastard

Postby Aaron » Fri 21. Sep 2012, 08:25

Even in deso I think the action is super zergy.
Aaron

Postby Bloodwyne » Fri 21. Sep 2012, 08:31

The only thing that is missing imo is a participation of +-10 people regulary :) Yesterday we were at best 9 guildies i think which was quite enjoyable already, when a few left we joined up with our alliance and i really like how this is going. Sadly some people rather do their own thing than listening to other guilds leaders "wink bryt" ;) I think AOD Tor is doing a good job, very calm commands, very open for suggestions, but also demanding thrust in his commands and expecting people to do what he says. Now this is mostly focused on taking towers and keeps, but it once again has been in a zerg size that my computer could deal with and i rarely encountered ghost players yesterday.

Ah also to say.. once encountering same sized groups or bigger ones, we are pretty much kicking ass with our guild groups, until the zerg rolls in :)

EDIT: WTB more elementalists for zergpwnage!
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Jadene » Fri 21. Sep 2012, 08:49

Yes the queue times for the borderlands appear to be circa 20-30 minutes primetime for me so I can live with that. Haven't tried queuing up for EB though during the week.

Yes it is zergy though I agree.

I have to say though the alliance, I was very pleasantly surprised, the only other time I joined in the mumble was 1 weekend when I was pmed in WvW and it was chaotic in the chat, and I thought OMG but that was more because everyone was talking and was all chiefs and no indians.

It was slow to start to understand what was going on, or maybe was just me trying to understand :P and where people were and what one was to do but once that was ascertained didn't think it was that bad at all.

I definately see the benefits and the potentials to be able to co-ordinate towards the various objectives, plus was nice to actually partake with the other alliance members if only for a short amount of time.

However, it isn't something I would choose to do all the time, as prefer the smaller group/groups scenario add to that with the lag issues etc it was sometimes very choppy and stuttering for me.
Jadene

Postby Lasastard » Fri 21. Sep 2012, 09:42

Also, I think for the next week or so I'll just go with the flow of the game. Yes, its zergy, but I suppose that is the point, from the designers PoV. And tbh, I had quite a bit of fun defending keeps versus large zergs and chasing them off - feels to me like we may be trying to force a gameplay onto the game that it won't easily accept (roaming as a group and fighting other groups). At the very least we need to get 1-2 more elementalists to actively participate, because having that aoe dmg will do wonders for our Rare-versus-the-Zerg statistics. Without having my template finished, my meteor shower already crits for 5k+ dmg, and that's aoe.

/Marc
Lasastard

Postby Aaron » Fri 21. Sep 2012, 09:53

Well, you do need to understand that different clusters have different levels of zergs. Vizunah has cap population at all times on our cluster. So basically at any point you can go into any WvW map and find a 50-100 person Viz zerg. On some clusters you can go into EB during most of the day and find soloers running around. On other shards you can go in most of the day and find 15-20 man groups running around.

There actually is a lot of diversity in the server clusters from what I have seen. It doesn't have to be all zerg. Even our server is very hit and miss where sometimes you're finding those smaller sized groups, its just there's always a viz zerg somewhere to bump into.
Aaron

Postby Jadene » Fri 21. Sep 2012, 10:52

Lasastard wrote:At the very least we need to get 1-2 more elementalists to actively participate, because having that aoe dmg will do wonders for our Rare-versus-the-Zerg statistics. Without having my template finished, my meteor shower already crits for 5k+ dmg, and that's aoe.

Yes I agree to needing more elementalists.

But people always disregard engineers (I guess as not that popular a class). Yes you can stack more with eles I agree.

I am just copying this from the forums that someone else has written (I do have to adjust his spelling though lol)

"Grenades are one of the best, if not the best sustain AoE damage. Also, the vulnerability stacks make a huge difference in you group's damage output. 3stacks/attack, you can also spec the Firearms trait for a additional 50% chance on crit. However, other classes have stronger AoE CDs (meteor shower, multiple wells/marks etc).
With the trait grenades have 1500 range, which is amazing. "

Now if I am able to stand still it helps as well for an extra 10% crit damage, factor in the might/quickness elixirs and I can push out a huge amount of damage in a small amount of time.
Jadene

Postby Lasastard » Fri 21. Sep 2012, 11:02

Oh I didn't mean to belittle engineers, it's just that we already have 2 (you and Galydux) that are usually active in WvW, so adding 1-2 elementalists would be nice. I would also guess that burst dmg of the elementalist is higher than engineer - haven't really tested it tho. So engineers could soften up incoming zergs and 2-3 elementalists can then drop meteor shower + glyph of storm on top of them ^^
Lasastard

Postby Jadene » Fri 21. Sep 2012, 11:23

Hehe Marc I know you wasn't belittling engineers :) I was just pointing it out really.

For sure I agree we need more eles, from a burst point of view I don't think anything compares if have them stacking up aoe. Huge amount of damage potentially if can get on a zerg.

Engineers are more sustained AOE rather than burst, but spammable and of course better to use from a standing still point of view but if I can judge where groups of players are moving I can still manage more often than not to hit them.
Jadene