Write comments

General Questions

Fri 27. Jul 2012, 13:45

Hey all,

Probably some really rudimental questions here, but going to ask nonetheless as things would like to know :)

Guild banks? I assume there will be guildbanks, if so how is it going to work with gathering materials etc as don't necessarily want to put all the various materials shoved straight in the guild bank and fill it up that way.

Also, I would assume everyone can deposit and only leader/s withdrawal?

I did notice on the last beta weekend it shows what peoples craft is along with level I believe so at least that is something useful and can see where to send the various bits and pieces to if required.

The assist key. I assume it is still the control T one? no one else has discovered anything else? It is okay but a bit clunky but at least there is one in I suppose.

Mesmers elite skill Moa bird: It turns enemies into birds (state the obvious Claire :P )., but am I right in thinking they cannot do anything of their own skills whilst it is active other than move?

Is there anyway people have found to change the chat colours? Feels weird having guild chat in a yellow sort of thing.

Thanks guys :)

Fri 27. Jul 2012, 13:45

Re: General Questions

Fri 27. Jul 2012, 14:30

For mesmer elite skill, transformed players cannot use their own skills, but they get moa skills which i think generate some damage but thats really really low

Fri 27. Jul 2012, 15:31

I was transformed to moa plenty of times on last BWE and YES it always felt like i was not able to use those skills (always red numbers) ..once i made it in the hectic of combat to pay attention to it and run right next to an enemy so there should be any spell available as red Numbers only give a hint about being out of Range i suppose? Seems either buggy or i simple didnt get it yet. (Only skill Nr. 5 wasnt red though but i couldnt find out what it did :P)

Sadly i didnt spend to much time yet on ingame guild settings. I think there wont be the possibility of an automated guild tax so i actually would not want to create guild intern rules of deposit stuff/money for guild purposes. Also the only thing i can imagine rightnow this money could be used for is Siege blueprints. I think everyone who participates in WvW will eventually notice how much he contributes to that type of stuff and there should be a balance automatically if people pay attention or arent greedy basterds:P Maybe we will find a general solution for it if some people feel they contribute alot more gold than others to Siege stuff. But i hope that wont be necessary.

About crafting Materials:

EVERYONE should buy gatheringtools (Axe's, Pickaxe's, and the third one :D i think it was a kind of basket?!) at the start (Every Vendor who sells gear for the normal currency (copper, silver, gold) should have those i think. Remember that you can deposit all the collectable items to a special Vault. So they don't use your Banks slots nor your inventory slots.

What people do with this stuff is up to them. Ofc it would be nice once people decide to level a crafter, that we could make a list in this forum so at the end we don't have 20 Armorcrafter 1 Weaponcrafter and thats it. I think im gonna create a Sticky for that matter soon.
I dont think such a mechanic exists in GW2, but it would be absoltely cool if one could see who contributed how much materials to the guild bank or sth and which crafter withdraw how many materials.
If there will be dedicated crafters willing to craft stuff for our guild they surely would be happy about our support. Again this is nothing i want enforce a rule upon. At the end we are a guild and everyone should be aware of that. Need > Greed. This goes especially for dropped stuff though. Tbh i dont care what everyone does with his crafting materials, i will probably not sell them at the trading post since we will all benefit of supporting our crafters, but then again its not sth. i would feel like being unfair, only stupid :P For me it will be either, using them myself or giving them to guild crafters.

About the assist key i admit i haven't cared during the Beta events even though it is such an important thing :P I only know that it works for a group only so for WvW it might make sense to put singletarget dps in 1 group and support etc in another once we are more than 5. Gotta test i guess.

Fri 27. Jul 2012, 20:21

Bloodwyne wrote:
EVERYONE should buy gatheringtools (Axe's, Pickaxe's, and the third one :D i think it was a kind of basket?!) at the start (Every Vendor who sells gear for the normal currency (copper, silver, gold) should have those i think. Remember that you can deposit all the collectable items to a special Vault. So they don't use your Banks slots nor your inventory slots.

i think this is a must for everyone, because materials will be very useful for those who are planning to do crafting ( i am one of those :) )

Fri 27. Jul 2012, 23:53

I thought Control-T target calling was realm wide, not group wide. Either way, its a shit assist command.

Sat 28. Jul 2012, 08:54

Shit command in terms of functionality or key-combo? I decided to bind it to the mouse, so no trouble there. And I would be surprised if it were realm wide; think of the chaos if 5 people in a zerg keep trying to mark different targets :p

Sat 28. Jul 2012, 09:42

Its shitty because you can only have 1 target marked at a time. If it is limited to group, then that's shitty (because groups are only 5 people), if its not limited to group then anyone could change your called target and that's shitty too. A normal assist function would let you assist anyone you wanted, regardless of grouping etc.

Its just plainly a worse command than /assist <playername>

Sat 28. Jul 2012, 10:00

I guess in GW2 it's all about easy access and casual friendliness. Maybe they felt a proper macro system would be too hardcore ^^

Sat 28. Jul 2012, 10:27

Anyone found out if u can change the ctrl+T command in the control settings? if it could be put on 1 button it would actually be a bit better... where i really liked it was in sPvP against Mesmers.. once targeted the original mesmer his copys would not irritate you anymore

Sat 28. Jul 2012, 10:41

Only way I found to put it on 1 button was to setup a little maco that hit Ctrl-T in 1 button on my keyboard.

You can do this either with a programmable keyboard or with like AHK.
Write comments

Bei iphpbb3.com bekommen Sie ein kostenloses Forum mit vielen tollen Extras
Forum kostenlos einrichten - Hot Topics - Tags
Beliebteste Themen: Name, Forum, NES, Youtube, Uni

Impressum | Datenschutz