Write comments

Getting equipped

Fri 14. Sep 2012, 09:09

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone would be so kind to lay out for me (and the other nubs^^) what the steps are to getting equipped and ready for WvW? I have heard about farming items in CoF (a lvl 80 dungeon, I assume?), crafting, collecting drops, transmuting at the mystic forge...

Haven't really kept up with all the chatter on the boards, so a bullet-point list of what I need to keep en eye out for (for example mats I shouldn't junk^^) would be sweet. Do I need to craft, or is it enough if I keep the mats and get one of you to do it for me? :>

/Marc

Fri 14. Sep 2012, 09:09

Re: Getting equipped

Fri 14. Sep 2012, 09:35

Basically all exotic sets are the same except for their looks.

Crafted - Buy or collect Mats.
Karma - Event/WvW Farm
Dungeon - Farm
Badges of Honor - WvW

Or a mix of all which is what i am aiming for, im farming alot of CoF to get some parts there and also farmign some events for Karma + Gold to buy Karma Gear or crafted Great from the TP. Also salvaging all yellow items with Master Salvage kits to get the Globs of ectoplasm (need 5 for a crafted armor part AFAIK) and gathering all orichalcum spots and lvl 80 trees, which name i forgot, i pass by for guild intern craft orders. We have all crafters up to 400 atleast once so u don't need to craft yourself.

The only problem is the jewelery, as u probably have to buy it or gather the mats, dont know which mats though. Plata is Artificier 400 and can probably tell us. U get good money by farming events in Cursed Shore or CoF Speedruns (lvl 70 dungeon). I made almost 20 gold in 3 days in CoF, though i was farming like crazy.

Fri 14. Sep 2012, 14:02

As an example though this is from a leatherworking point of view.

For my full set of armour I am going to craft I need:

30 Globes of Ectoplasm (From disenchanting items)
22 Hardened leather squares
35 Bolts of Gossamer cloth
129 Gossamer thread (purchasable from leatherworking vendor I assume also tailoring vendor)
15 armoured scales
15 Vicious fangs

This makes me a mixed set of Valkyrie and Knights armour for an extra 282 power, 10 crit, 144 vitality, 80 precision and 113 toughness.

Then I need to sort the runes out to slot in as well.

As Mark said, there are all different armour sets you can farm should you choose to, or of course just purchase armour/weapons from the TP/Karma/WvW merchants.

Fri 14. Sep 2012, 14:43

From a crafting point of view if you decided to go that route you just need to decide what insignia you are going for. Whether just go for 1 type or a mix/match of various stats.

From an armour point of view I think it is fine to mix them up if you choose to but the runes it is better to keep as 1 set so you can get the 6 bonus from them.

Here is 2 links to the various types of insignia's you can get. So if you decided on condition damage being mega important for you you would look at the carrion type or if you preferred vitality then the knights. Gives you an idea anyway.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Insignia

And here is a link for the runes.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune
Write comments

Bei iphpbb3.com bekommen Sie ein kostenloses Forum mit vielen tollen Extras
Forum kostenlos einrichten - Hot Topics - Tags
Beliebteste Themen: Name, Forum, NES, Youtube, Uni

Impressum | Datenschutz