Write comments

Headstart plans and personal expectations!

Wed 18. Jul 2012, 18:58

Hello friends!

This topic should deal with ideas you have how to get a good start into the game when it launches and what you and me expect from the guild not only after launch but also in the long run!

For the headstart i will definately be full of energy and want to lvl up as fast as possible, though not in a masochistic manner :D. It would be a pleasure to have people with the same time expenses and energy with me for the first few days, so we might be able to do all the dungeon content without random people!
WvW for me will have a secondary role during the first days. We will probably all need breaks from PvE sometimes and if enough people are available then there will definately be some WvW breaks included. Also i dont know yet what our alliance plans are in this matters.
Though my first aim will be lvl 80 and fully equipped with the finest stuff to be able to concentrate on WvW and sPvP. Then i will use the time to optimize my skill and gain more knowledge about the combat itself. This will be achieved the fastest way in doing alot of sPvP. Especially once u come from buttonmashing to the point where u actually use your skills for a reason, and start realizing when they are most useful... well nothing new here, normal learning procedure. The key to get better: DO IT! Be active! Play the game! And if you fail try again!
Besides that asking helps alot aswell, we got people here that spend alot of time reading and watching videos to learn about the game prerelease. Aaron for example seems to be already a wandering GW2 lexicon^^ We are all starting a new FUCKING COMPLEX game here and no question isnt worth asking!

Rare is not a hardcore guild and never intends to be one! The main aim is to have a good atmosphere, but it is not the only aim! I expect activity from everyone! People that are online once or twice a week for 2 hours won't have a long stand in Rare. Its not needed to say that there can be reasons for longer absence and aslong as the guild gets informed that is not a problem AT ALL! But this game will not only be a game for everyone here, it will be a hobby, the main hobby for most of us i guess and the fairness and respect towards your guildmembers requires yourself not to become a brake in the guilds progression. Of course not everyone can spend the same amount of time for this game but i hope the essence of my words is clear. We don't have to be the best of the best and tbh. it most likely won't be possible in GW2 as there will be million(s)? of players. And usually once a guild aims to become the best, the fun is left behind. And thats sure something i dont want. All i want is people being concentrated and disciplined and giving the best they can when it comes to important or difficult fights in WvW or PvP. You will notice soon enough what i mean when i say discipline and concentration ;) Its not like fun is a no-go in PvP, no worrys :D

Now i open my beer and cheers on you! Really looking forward to this game BITCHES!

Wed 18. Jul 2012, 18:58

Re: Headstart plans and personal expectations!

Thu 19. Jul 2012, 14:15

Hihi all,

Thought I would reply to this with what my thoughts and feelings are.

I work 50 hour weeks so as a rule will be behind the levelling curve of those who have more time to play. That is fine as I am pretty self sufficient:P and of course will be playing with Mike & Aaron so have a trio set up most of the time though am more than happy for people to join in with us whenever and like to play with others and get to know you all that way.

I intend at the last beta weekend to do alot of soloing as I want to learn more of the mechanics of my class and soloing is, for me anyway, the way to move forward in that regard.

For the headstart, want to progress and move forward at a good rate. Will be partaking in all the dungeons etc. and looking forward to the end game and the PVP.

I don't mind PVE but PVP is really what I prefer doing by far and look forward to getting involved in that aspect with you all (once caught up :P) too, though will be mostly PVEing my way up through the levels.

Gaming is my main past time and will be devoting my attention to GW2 upon release.

Guild wise and expectations: As I have said to Mark when I was chatting to him prior to applying, I am not someone who generally applies to guilds prior to a games release. I have only done it once before in Tera and other than that have started my own guilds or joined when have played with and been asked by other guilds to apply.

Alot of my friends are playing GW2, but they will be playing on american servers and I didn't wish to be on yet another USA server which is not really that great when game populations die down. I have done it so many times in the past and I don't wish to do it this time.

I saw the advertisement for Rare and subsequently applied after the stresstest, due to the DAOC background and hopefully will be a good place to be and we have the same sort of ideals.

I am not an elitist and I am not fond of people who are. Having said that I am quite serious when it comes to playing and improving my skill levels to be competitive, I also like to win, well don't we all lol.

I am looking forward to meeting you all and getting to know you better, just hope I can actually get my name for release!

Claire :)

Fri 20. Jul 2012, 06:20

I plan on PvEing most of the headstart. WvW will definitely play a part, especially as a sort of break from PvE, because as dynamic as GW2's content is, I will never play *for* the PvE. But for the first 3 days I will be very focused on getting to 60+ for grandmaster traits, getting coin for maintaining good upgrades on armor, and also getting up at least 2 crafting skills to be able to make some decent items without having to rely on drops/black trader.

I expect that I will be trying to get credit for as many tower/keep captures everytime the WvW map is reset. Without any doors up, its just fast XP/Karma.

For PvE, I think clearing each zone is definitely a good idea, and combining hearts and dynamic events chains is also pretty good. Always harvesting when available, and using the components to learn the basic crafting recipes will I hope help to level much quicker. I also plan on having enough gems to keep the XP bonuses up all the time im PvEing.

Hopefully we can have some good PvE group session where we complete some dynamic event chain, unlock dungeons, and some more challenging content as a guild.

Once I feel comfortable with where my template is, how I am geared, my traits etc...I think I'll be looking to spend more and more time in WvW, but we will have to see how it goes.

Lots of testing to be done this next BWE for me.

Fri 20. Jul 2012, 07:49

To be honest, although I am sure I will be playing a fair bit during head start, I don't se myself rushing it this time. GW2 to me has the potential of being the next long-term game and I don't want to fuck that up by burning out on it in a week by power-grinding my ass off. The nice thing about the game is, to me anyway, that you can partake in most of the activities in game irrespective of your level (thinking mostly WvW and PvE here). During the beta weekends I got the impression that you can have a lot of fun even without rushing to max level in a week; so why not use that.

But who am I kidding, I will probably take time off work and lock myself in my nerd dungeon ...^^

Fri 27. Jul 2012, 19:27

Just a quick question,
how many time should you need for hit 80?
like, say everyday 4 hrs pve?
What was your lvl at the end of the betas?
Just want to have a idea how fast i goes

Fri 27. Jul 2012, 20:01

Some made it to lvl 30 in one beta weekend, I think the highest across 2 weekends was around 50ish. A lot of hours put in tho. I think Aaron (lvl 30ish in one weekend) was online all the time ^^

I wouldn't stress myself too much with levels - enjoy the game. No one will be kicked for not making it to 80 in one week. I hope :p

Anyway, my guess is you should be able to hit 80 in 1-2 weeks with 4-6 hours played every night. If you really focus on XP gain.

Fri 27. Jul 2012, 20:11

I did almost exclusively WvW in BWE1+BWE2 and i got to lvl 49. I think i had +-80 hours played at the end of BWE2.

So if u really focus on xp gain id say u can reach lvl 80 in the same time as i reached 49.

Though same as Lasastard i will take it slowly as i dont want to rush this game... i will play alot probably but i wont be focusing to xp up the fastest way. I wanna do puzzles, mini games, exploring etc. So WvW will also have second role for the first 1-2 weeks for me i guess.

Fri 27. Jul 2012, 20:16

As others said i'll do pve as well for the firsts few weeks, with some run in WvWvW for fun, but we will see if we can make a group it could be fun to go to WvW.

Sat 28. Jul 2012, 11:08

i think my plan is to enjoy the game..

At the moment i dont wanna rush as fast as possible to max level.. i have to explore my character, the craftsystem and maybe at most i getting to know u better .. ur personality and of cause ur strenght and weakness in game.

maybe at the headstart i will exp like hell, just for leaving the starter-areas... i dislike mass of people :mrgreen: .. but i will see... i let me surpise by my own

Sat 28. Jul 2012, 11:46

That will be the problem, at the first days, to many people in the low lvl zones.

I know every race have his own starter zone 1-15,
so cant you travel to a zone where it isnt so populated and lvl there up?
Write comments

Bei iphpbb3.com bekommen Sie ein kostenloses Forum mit vielen tollen Extras
Forum kostenlos einrichten - Hot Topics - Tags
Beliebteste Themen: Name, Forum, NES, Youtube, Uni

Impressum | Datenschutz