Write comments

Next stop: release (BWE3 recap)

Mon 23. Jul 2012, 10:22

Hi,

thought I'd summarize my experiences from the last beta weekend; with one eye on the upcoming release.

As you may have noticed, I wasn't on TS and only sporadically in game, minus a heavy session on Friday night. That was partly because I had nothing more I wanted to try in the game, apart from the new races, but also because I was trying to get some people from Requiem (an Uthgard guild, for the new guys here) into the game. One was successfully won over, the other ranted all weekend over how this game is so much like WoW and he how there is no point in anything (still made it to level 25 lol ^^).

Anyway, for me it is still the elementalist, but I had some good fun with the guardian class too. Being an Asura may have helped tho, these things look hilarious with a 2-handed sword ;) So race-wise, Asura, and class-wise elementalist with a guardian twink further down the line.

Performance seemed solid, again, no noticeable improvement over BWE2 for me. Oh and of course I fucked up the server selection and played on Kodash again (which kicked butt in WvW this time ^^) - so I have no idea how things looked over on Far Shiverpeaks; but I am sure you said hello to the alliance for me.

/Marc

Mon 23. Jul 2012, 10:22

Re: Next stop: release (BWE3 recap)

Mon 23. Jul 2012, 14:59

I didn't get alot of time to play in the last weekend. I briefly had a look at the new races and messed around trying a couple of classes out.

I noticed quite a performance increase for me which was cool, though Claire had issues still with hers. She was getting 10-20 FPS at points:/ she is gonna reformat and install again to see if fixes the probs.

I am the same as you with the elementalist, I love that class. I also enjoyed the ranger but ele all the way for me at the start.

Be cool to meet up with you all at release, looking forward to the game.

Greetings

Mike

Mon 23. Jul 2012, 17:36

I spent most of the time checking out the Sylvari starting area and getting to know its ins and outs so I can breeze past it swiftly come release. I played a lot of thief rather than warrior and I gotta say i'm not sure which of them i'll play as main despite being quite sure i'd go warrior before. Thief gameplay felt less clumsy somehow and I really enjoyed the pace in which you can play a thief and put pressure on your opponents.

Played with max settings on 1920x1080 without much trouble which is quite cool since the game is stunning, but i'm guessing i'll have to turn down the settings a bit for big scale battles.

By the way, was the guild even formed for this event? I thought it wouldn't be so I just wandered off by myself. Didn't see anyone with a Rare tag either.

Mon 23. Jul 2012, 20:11

I was spending the whole Sunday in structured PvP and it was terrible. Not the PvP itself, once you could join a Tournament and it actually started, it was a blast and i noticed the first time that there is a huge importance of Teamplay in GW2 even if it sometimes feels like everyone just does his thing and at the end the ones that individualy did it better, win the fight. No that is definately not like that. You notice this first in sPvP but it will swap over to WvW aswell once people get used more to their chars and stuff. Even though i spend more than the half time, of the only day i was in BWE3, waiting for the Tournaments to start (as it was constantly crashing) i didn't feel like doing something else :D

@ Share: Yep Borrower formed the guild on Friday. My Nickname "Bloodwyne" and my other Nickname "Griselda" were both taken by Sunday already -.- So i chose Bloodwyne I. Maybe some people failed to contact me then or people from the guild. Thats why it is so important to install TS/IRC and join us there to get info in such cases ^^. Anyway Rare was as said before pretty inactive in BWE3 i think. Though as i said i was only participating on Sunday and did exclusively sPvP... was busy enough testing stuff out etc. so dont really know what the other guys did =)

Tue 24. Jul 2012, 15:09

hihi :)

I spent most of the weekend either looking at all the combinations of sylvari toons I could come up with or messing around with various versions of my gfx card to see if I could tweak the game up.

I did manage to level a mesmer to 10 or 11 or so then went to the Heart of Mists and tried a few things out with settings but it wasn't super fun for me because was running so bad. For some reason it felt almost worse than before.

All I did from a PVP pov was attack the various NPCS to try out skills etc though when I would fire an AOE the stupid cats would run across it seemed so made it alot more challenging with my stuttering frame rates lol. Would generally end with me kissing the dirt :P

I didn't want to attempt to join any type of PVP because would have been more of a hinderance than a help I am sure with the lack of playability for me. I haven't tried the structured pvp myself as yet.

I am alot more comfortable in a group or duo environment from a PVP point of view rather than being a solo type of player. So nice that the spvp seems to be about teamplay/coordination from what you wrote :)

I didn't notice either about the guild as I had read that alot of people wouldn't be on but I happened to glance at my friends list on Sunday as I had previously added Bloodwyne in the stress test so I sent him a tell and joined on at that point.

Looking forward to release and getting to grips with my class now, just hoping will be running better than it does now :P

Tue 24. Jul 2012, 16:18

I tried many different classes for this bwe. At the end i spend most of my time on playing mesmer :) , checked the new skills, improvements etc. Asura and Sylvari zones are really great. I really liked rata sum (Divinity's reach>Rata sum though :P ). Also sylvari personal stories are really great and interesting. I spent most of time on playing pvp and exploring new zones. I found new features like guild influence beer toast in hoelbrak, kegbrawl and some hidden features like underwater organ etc :D. New pvp zone is kinda similar with existing ones but it was fun. I didnt try much wvw beacuse of the queue so i cant comment about that. Imo although there are some minor issues (or some issues too late for developement) game looks ready and I am really looking forward to release date :D
Write comments

Bei iphpbb3.com bekommen Sie ein kostenloses Forum mit vielen tollen Extras
Forum kostenlos einrichten - Hot Topics - Tags
Beliebteste Themen: Name, Forum, NES, Youtube, Uni

Impressum | Datenschutz