Go to footer

The Official quitting GW2 message

The Official quitting GW2 message

Postby Jadene » Wed 28. Nov 2012, 14:21

Hello guys,

Well obviously haven't played for a while and was going to leave it until after Christmas before deciding for sure if would play again.

But on reading the Reddit debate and how ANet are progressing I think it is time to call time on GW2 for Mike and I. Was fun to meet all you guys and was nice to be part of the guild but unfortunately with the bugs with WvW to start with, and now the direction they are going I have no interest at all in "looking to see what happens" in the future.

Introducing the gear grind into a PVP game is a killer for me. Sure the PVE is fun and all but the grind is bollocks, and I have zero interest of doing it in GW.

I actually re-activated my WoW account in the last couple of weeks, I played that game last when TBC came out, so was quite a few years ago. I levelled my priest up from 70 pretty much by running pug dungeons, and some of the players are TERRIBLE but I was able to carry them with my healing skills as long as the tank was semi decent. If he was crap I just bailed. Very inpersonal no one in the group talked and just rushed through the dungeons but I had more fun doing that than the time I rushed through dungeons at level 80 on the odd ocassions of doing it in GW. WoW is known for having elitest kiddies in it but I was actually sort of enjoying doing them maybe because I was healing I don't know /shrug.

I had more fun doing that than the thought of playing GW2 rushing through some dungeon so I can have the new armour for pvping in GW.

I am not a pve player really so have now cancelled WoW, was more of an experiment more than anything else but perhaps what is truely missing for me in GW is the non healing aspect.

Though I did love my engineer.

Aah I don't know really all sorts of thoughts going through in my head.

I will miss you guys though and hope you all enjoy playing GW for many more months :)

Also, I wonder if Chris has got his legendary yet hehe I miss our little chats :)

Well bye guys and all the best and thanks for letting me be part of the Rare family

Claire
xxx
Jadene

by Advertising » Wed 28. Nov 2012, 14:21

Advertising

Re: The Official quitting GW2 message

Postby Ravis » Wed 28. Nov 2012, 14:48

And short and sweet from me too, was fun running with you all & hope to see you all in the future.

Enjoy!

Mike :D
Ravis

Postby Bloodwyne » Wed 28. Nov 2012, 15:06

Never say never, but its nice you keep us up to date about yours and mikes gaming status. I can understand your point and i actually thought about quitting GW2 because of the introduction of a gear-grind aswell... and i might still consider it if they wont introduce a way to achieve those items in WvW or simply make them unuseable in WvW. Anyway atm im enjoying WvW way to much to stop, but i am very disappointed by some evolving of the game.

Cheers
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Qerildan » Thu 29. Nov 2012, 08:06

I wish you all the best in future.
Maybe you'll come back someday, or we will guild up again in another game ;)

stay tuned ;)
Qerildan
Technical Officer
Technical Officer

Postby Raemaar » Thu 29. Nov 2012, 20:08

Echo comments already made. Had a really fun time playing with you both, even though it was really short lived.

Hope we can catch up in future MMO's.

Other Mike (soon to be main Mike?)
Raemaar

Postby Lasastard » Tue 4. Dec 2012, 10:03

Wish you two all the best; I guess it is obvious by now that my hiatus from GW2 has also become permanent. Logged in a few times and it just wouldn't 'click' with me. Anyway, for those interested, my only 'MMO' at the moment is Planetside2 - so feel free to add me there (Lasastard).

/Marc
Lasastard

Postby Magicco » Tue 4. Dec 2012, 16:49

Lasastard wrote:Wish you two all the best; I guess it is obvious by now that my hiatus from GW2 has also become permanent. Logged in a few times and it just wouldn't 'click' with me. Anyway, for those interested, my only 'MMO' at the moment is Planetside2 - so feel free to add me there (Lasastard).

/Marc

Planetside2 is very confusing... atleast for me^^
Magicco

Postby Ravis » Wed 5. Dec 2012, 09:54

Lasastard wrote:Wish you two all the best; I guess it is obvious by now that my hiatus from GW2 has also become permanent. Logged in a few times and it just wouldn't 'click' with me. Anyway, for those interested, my only 'MMO' at the moment is Planetside2 - so feel free to add me there (Lasastard).

/Marc

Hey Marc,

I downloaded it and it is better than I thought it would be and was plesently surprised though it sort of throws you into it hehe. Though atm am playing Farcry3. After hols will look you up in Planetside2 :D

Mike
Ravis

Postby Ravis » Wed 5. Dec 2012, 10:04

I meant to say also Marc my character is called Eltar (could not get Ravis someone ninjad it!!!).
Tho won't be on very much till New Year.
Ravis

Return to Board index

Return to Guild Wars 2