Write comments

WvWvW & Concerns etc.

Tue 14. Aug 2012, 11:16

Hihi Guys,

I have very little field experience from the beta weekends in GW2 from a PVP point of view, other than running around for an hour or so in WvW with some of you on a stress test which was fun though I was totally clueless :P

Going back to DAOC days, my favourite times were doing the roaming group and looking for fights. Was in a few alliances back then over the many years I played that game and mostly would be to inform of enemies or potential zergs/relic raids and so on.

I like to be in a smaller type of guild where everyone knows each other and is more tight knit hence why we joined Rare and we feel at home already plus have the same sort of ideals from a PVP point of view.

What does concern me to a degree is when I read about organising from an alliance point of view.

There is a new post up there I copy just a small portion:

"So, you simply work as a dummy for the commanders to work with.
You simply log into mumble, find a squad leader/commander, ask them what team to join, and you do so. After that u get to where u need to go, and ur in battle. U are not told why, u are simply told what to do.
And if the player wants to know more, he can go on the forums and get filled in on our strategy."

And the reply of "We are discussing this in the locked Officer/GM-section. Your ideas are very close to what we have made."

Now as I said at the start of my post, I have pretty much zero experience from a WvW point of view in the game and will learn as I play.

I am not a leader who wants to give directions all the time type of player but nor am I someone who wants to mindlessly log into mumble every night to be told what group to join and what position to hold either.

I would look towards the guild first of all and would either start a WvW group or join an existing one and then would look to see what is going on depending what map could get into. Of course I do not mind working with alliance pov from then in if need be.

I am not trying to rock the boat here and being in a good alliance is important. It is good to have plans in place for organising for various scenarios.

But I am more of a person who likes to look and decide where to go rather than being directed to a certain xy position.

Until I actually play it and learn the areas etc I guess I am jumping the gun here as I do not understand the WvW that well other than from what I have read.

I would just hope that it isn't going to be like being directed every night into our own little sections of the map or whatever as it isn't something that really appeals to me tbh.

I hope this post doesn't come across as me being negative as that isn't the way I wish it to be portrayed, plus I am writing this from work so I keep getting interrupted all the time lol.

Tue 14. Aug 2012, 11:16

Re: WvWvW & Concerns etc.

Tue 14. Aug 2012, 11:57

Jadene wrote:I hope this post doesn't come across as me being negative as that isn't the way I wish it to be portrayed, plus I am writing this from work so I keep getting interrupted all the time lol.

Not at all Claire, this is actually a concern i had too.

There is a few very motivated GM's/Guilds in our alliance that are theorycrafting alot. There also are a few huge guilds with 100-300 players in this alliance. Those guilds simply need command structures to organize themselves, and basically thats why such discussions are going on. Also such a command system will only apply during specific TNA Events. Our regular WvW traffic wont be influenced by our alliance. Its still a good basic to get some people to group if we on our own cant find enough to roam. The last i want is to be dragged to do something by our alliance. Noone also will be dragged to join/do anything by me when its about guild stuff aswell. Im always happy if people participate in guild "activitys" such as WvW or PvP or a PvE instance... but noone should feel any pressure if he/she denys an invitation! Though everyone is aware of the fact that Rare is a WvW/PvP centered guild when he applicated ;)

So during Ally events we might have to do certain jobs, though if its totally dull i simply won't do it. I also assume our guild to have enough experience in the WvW gameplay to be able to decide what is best for the whole on our own. When i applied to the alliance i already stated my idea of our guild as a guerilla like playstyle in WvW. We got accepted, so they kinda agreed on that, so that is what we probably are going to do anyway, which basically leaves us with alot of freedom :)

Tue 14. Aug 2012, 13:18

Trust me alot of us been around for too long to be puppets on the alliance's strings ;)

But i think when TNA does an event we should do our part and participate where we're needed, wich will most likely be what Mark pointed out some guerilla tactics like ambushes and hit 'n runs, the more fun free stuff since we're the smallest guild in the alliance ( i think? ). Also think these event will compaire to a Relic raid in daoc where u had to take several keeps to lower the strength of the guards etc these worked alot better when u had decent organisation but we'll see :)

Also pls never fear to express ur concerns about the guild or alliance or about anything rly we're always here to help and have fun :)

Niels

Tue 14. Aug 2012, 13:29

Claire messaged me about this post and I see where she is coming from, she was getting a bit worried and overly concerned.

I am sure will all work out okay and the guild is pretty much along the same wavelength as we are :D

Tue 14. Aug 2012, 14:02

I just find it hilarious how some people develop some kind of Napoleon-Complex in their basement, revelling in their fantasies of virtual domination. I just play this for fun with people I think share this motivation and if some nerd with 300 footsoliders on mumble tells me to go raid a supply camp, he can frankly put it where the sun does not shine ^^

That doesn't mean I won't be joining large zerg events, but I honestly am ill-suited to follow funny orders in a computer game by random zerg leaders ^^

Tue 14. Aug 2012, 14:42

Lasastard wrote:I just find it hilarious how some people develop some kind of Napoleon-Complex in their basement, revelling in their fantasies of virtual domination.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (damn this smiley is an epileptic)

Lasastard wrote:I just play this for fun with people I think share this motivation and if some nerd with 300 footsoliders on mumble tells me to go raid a supply camp, he can frankly put it where the sun does not shine ^^

Well i dont think this is going to happen, atleast this is not what i feel this alliance is heading towards. Even though there are some "shiny examples of warfare" in our alliance ranks, TNA appears pretty mature in comparison to other alliances.

Tue 14. Aug 2012, 15:25

Hihi Guys,

I feel a hell of alot better now. I was getting a bit worried with some of the posts up there.

Borrower wrote:But i think when TNA does an event we should do our part and participate where we're needed, wich will most likely be what Mark pointed out some guerilla tactics like ambushes and hit 'n runs, the more fun free stuff since we're the smallest guild in the alliance ( i think? ). Also think these event will compaire to a Relic raid in daoc where u had to take several keeps to lower the strength of the guards etc these worked alot better when u had decent organisation but we'll see

That is how I had hoped we would work within the alliance so I feel so much better now knowing it is the case.

It is hard in some ways as I don't really know you guys that well at present though that will of course change :) and didn't want to offend anyone or the work that has been done to get us into the alliance in the first place., but also felt I needed to say something as was feeling really uncomfortable with how I had started to perceive the alliance.

Thanks for the posts though guys really appreciate it and has put my mind at ease :)

Tue 14. Aug 2012, 21:40

Even big armies need their spec ops team. :D

Tue 14. Aug 2012, 21:43

Operation: Silent dolyak ! :D
Write comments

Bei iphpbb3.com bekommen Sie ein kostenloses Forum mit vielen tollen Extras
Forum kostenlos einrichten - Hot Topics - Tags
Beliebteste Themen: Name, Forum, NES, Youtube, Uni

Impressum | Datenschutz