Re: Class Choice

Postby Scaar » Wed 25. Jul 2012, 22:20

i'm going to play as Guardian
Scaar

by Advertising » Wed 25. Jul 2012, 22:20

Advertising

Postby Aaron » Wed 25. Jul 2012, 22:23

Rangers got a fairly serious nerf this last BWE. Their Greatsword damage was reduced by 50%. The 1H sword, which I am planning on running, is now out damaging the greatsword. This is fine for right now, but if they bring 1H sword to be inline with greatsword damage as it was in the previous betas (so that GS does 5-15% more damage than 1H sw), but nerfing 1H sword as well, then I will not be playing ranger.

A 50% nerf to damage is WAY too much for me to keep playing that class. At this point, warrios would well out damage ranger in melee, with more HP and better armor. Guardian and Thief would also out damage in melee, and mesmer is likely as well.

So right now I still plan on ranger, but if they nerf 1H sw like they did to GS, well I will probably roll a Warrior/Guardian or whatever else can do good burst melee DPS.
Aaron

Postby Bloodwyne » Wed 25. Jul 2012, 22:32

U are the only Ranger in Rare alongside with DJ if he plans on playing one.. almost every class being nerfed during this Betas, i really would not choose a class by its power at this stage...
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Bloodwyne » Wed 25. Jul 2012, 22:43

Updated:

Mark = Warrior
Aaron (Teagen) = Ranger
Atalay = Mesmer
Jani = Warrior
Seba = Guardian
Niels = Ele
Marc = Ele
Marius = Ele
Constantin = Necro
Zilv = Mesmer
Sven = Engineer
Henri = Necro
Mikael = Warrior
Sarah = Mesmer
Micha = Guardian
Dan = Ele
Kazys = Ele
Claire = Mesmer
Mike = Ele
Aaron (Awesome Ant) = ?
Guy = Engineer
Alessandro = Guardian
Chris = Guardian

Warri: 3
Ele: 6
Necro: 2 (One not at launch though)
Mesmer: 4 (Speed buff pewpew!!;))
Ranger: 1
Guardian: 4
Thief: 0
Engineer: 2

Still some people missing in the list!
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Cano » Thu 26. Jul 2012, 01:10

My first choice is a 1hs/longbow Ranger. Second would be Axe/shortbow Ranger. (condition build)

I have a couple options with ranger so lets put me down for that. At this point I might change my mind but I doubt it.
Cano

Postby Aaron » Thu 26. Jul 2012, 02:27

Well, greatsword damage is currently not playable, so if the same thing happens to the other melee weapon, there won't be any reason for anyone in the guild to play ranger honestly.

Their condition builds are OK, but I think other professions can do that better. Besides, I am more interested in burst DPS than condition attrition. For example, the guardian got quite a bit of love on the greatsword in BWE3 and was out damaging ranger greatsword for that beta build. I'd much rather be GS guardian in that position than ranger. So we will see where they set balance for release and I will go from there.

Still planning on Ranger, as the damage from the 1H sw last I played was more than acceptable, in fact it may have even been buffed (so still doing almost double dmg of like guardian GS)

To illustrate the nerf, Ill show how they changed the 'displayed damage' per second from BWE2 to BWE3 for both warrior and Ranger.

BWE2;

Ranger Greatsword 1 skill combo: 670 per second
Ranger 1H sw 1 skill combo: 634 per second

Warrior Greatsword 1 skill combo: 492 per second

BWE3;

Ranger Greatsword 1 skill combo: 259 per second
Ranger 1H sw 1 skill combo: 370 per second

Warrior Greatsword 1 skill combo: 340 per second

Changes: Ranger GS: 670 -> 259 Nerfed 60% Ranger 1H sw: 634 -> 370 Nerfed 41% Warrior GS 492 -> 340 Nerfed 30%

So 1H sw is still clearly viable, since it still (although now only slightly) out damages warrior #1 combo, though will be destroyed by the Warriors burst skills now in DPS. Where as before the #1 skill would be almost even if the warrior hit a burst skill or not. Even the guardian saw its Greatsword brought UP to the same level as the warrior, it does exactly 340 display per second on its 1 skill combo.

Greatsword is totally worthless in BWE3 for ranger. Hopefully they rebalance. I am really considering guardian if that is there goal for balancing, to have the guardian and warrior sustain equal damage with greatswords.
Aaron

Postby Bloodwyne » Thu 26. Jul 2012, 07:28

I really dont get why u even started playing ranger if u expected him to outdamage a Warrior in Melee Oo.. its like i would complain about Warrior being outdamaged by a Ranger using Longbow..

Also i dont really know where u can draw that much information from about DMG comparison in such a short time as i only saw you playing Ranger. Just taking the base dmg not including stats, skill effects, traits etc seems really wrong to me in this game.
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Ateron » Thu 26. Jul 2012, 08:52

They will probably adjust the skills for the release, i can only speak for mesmers but they changed the our skills and some mechanics many times and still that's not enough (at least they said so).
Ateron

Postby Share » Thu 26. Jul 2012, 10:07

I'd say it's a rather frail decision choosing class based on their current status considering they'll first and foremost receive balancing before release, and then also after release (and hopefully end up in a kind of long term status wherein they have the potential they were meant to have based on what type of class it is).

With that said i'm tempted to give the guild its first thief myself but I still haven't decided if i'll go for that or my plan A warrior.

Postby Magicco » Thu 26. Jul 2012, 11:15

i tested engineer and warrior and ele at BWE3 (sorry that i were not in the ts, i just gimped arround^^)

engineer was really strange, good base damage but no real burst, and the weaponsystem was also really strange.

i hope that there will be some more of the new player that will play necro.
mainly i will play warrior, necro and ele if the release is here^^
Magicco

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Guild Wars 2