Go to footer

Class Choice

Re: Class Choice

Postby Aaron » Thu 2. Aug 2012, 21:47

Almost done with the day's testing and holy shit have they totally fucked up the balance of melee right now.

Guardian 1H sword out damages warrior Greatsword right now. By a lot. ROFL.

Ok, so basically, 1H damage right now is higher than 2H damage. Not sure wtf is going on. We used a basic time to kill against heavy golems with low stats to provide more precision. The lower the number the more damage the #1 skill combo does.

Guardian 1H Sword: 23

Warrior 1H Sword: 23.5 - and requires 8 seconds for Bleed Stacks to reach maximum

Guardian Greatsword: 25

Guardian Hammer: 25

Warrior Axe: 26

Warrior Greatsword: 29

Ranger 1H Sword: 31

Warrior Mace: 32

Ranger Greatsword: 51

Even when a Ranger hits Quickness buff on their Greatsword, a GUARDIAN will out damage them with 1H sword.

Suffice to say if this balance doesn't change I expect now to be playing a 1H sword-Warhorn / Axe-Shield warrior, or Guardian.
Last edited by Aaron on Fri 3. Aug 2012, 02:18, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron

by Advertising » Thu 2. Aug 2012, 21:47

Advertising

Postby Ateron » Thu 2. Aug 2012, 22:21

I think they are still playing with the numbers now, they increased mesmer scepter damage, still no clone damage :( after the latest build update my damage is lower

Guardians are almost immortal in the spvp right now and damn their spirit hammer ! :)
Ateron

Postby Aaron » Fri 3. Aug 2012, 00:08

Ya, its wait and see at this point.
Aaron

Postby Share » Fri 10. Aug 2012, 16:44

I'm gonna play thief instead of warrior at launch for the record. Fell in love with the class during the last few events.

Postby Bloodwyne » Fri 10. Aug 2012, 17:34

good to hear! Galy sadly switched from engineer to ele again, so we basically dont have any engineer yet.. am i right?
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Aaron » Mon 13. Aug 2012, 06:05

They nerfed the final ranger build that worked. So the heal pets are now useless, the regen signet is nerfed, and the condition build can only stack 50% as many bleeds.

Do not make ranger for anything except PvE =(
Aaron

Postby Bloodwyne » Mon 13. Aug 2012, 08:47

Aaron wrote:They nerfed the final ranger build that worked. So the heal pets are now useless, the regen signet is nerfed, and the condition build can only stack 50% as many bleeds.

Do not make ranger for anything except PvE =(

Not everyone needs to play a fotm class to be happy ;) ANET did so much fixing and nerfing and buffing the last weeks... it wont stop after release... Warrior dmg got nerfed aswell, still not thinking a minute about playing another class.
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Aaron » Mon 13. Aug 2012, 09:18

Rangers were never fotm as far as i know, that slot has been reserved for 100B warriors.

Playing an underpowered class is not going to be fun for everyone, not everyone is so into a profession that they can overlook glaring problems. I know I don't have an emotional attachment to any profession to overlook bad performance.

I am actually planning on making multiple professions at this point. Anet is known for over nerfing and over buffing things that were considered imba and underplayed in GW1. I dont plan on being stuck on any profession while Anet sorts things out. They all play very similar too, and without any real reward system (realm points) there is no real punishment for toon swapping.
Aaron

Postby Bloodwyne » Mon 13. Aug 2012, 09:40

Since BWE3 i do exclusively sPvP and from a practical point of view Warrior didn't feel fotm at all. And i doubt any class did, as theres so many ways to play them all. Dunno how often i got pwned by rangers, thiefs ..well almost any class except maybe ele's and necros, as a warrior, so did i pwn them too, time to time. Its not the emotional attachment, its more the fact that comparing dmg tables doesnt give you a clue about what a class can do, at all.
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Magicco » Mon 13. Aug 2012, 09:51

well im not sure why they re"balanced" necro this much...

he was never a uber-class just a longliving bitch if you played him well (2x death shroud, 1x lich), but after the changes, im disliking him at the moment. so i may stick up with a warrior, that will may only receive minor changes and cant re-make a melee class like a necro.
Magicco

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Guild Wars 2