Go to footer

Class Choice

Re: Class Choice

Postby Aaron » Mon 13. Aug 2012, 21:49

I prefer controlled testing over random encounters in PvP. Its really hard to know who you are fighting and how they have their build. I had multi kills on the nerfed version of the ranger, but only cause the people I was fighting were so freaking stupid.
Aaron

by Advertising » Mon 13. Aug 2012, 21:49

Advertising

Postby Teutonick » Fri 17. Aug 2012, 11:42

AFter the last stresstest where i played engineer with some of you guys I'm simply not feeling the engineer. I'll most likely go Thief, Ranger og Guardian at launch.
Teutonick

Postby Jadene » Fri 17. Aug 2012, 13:55

I get the feeling the engineer is going to be the least played class in the game.

I haven't tried one myself are they really reliant on turrets or so?
Jadene

Postby Bloodwyne » Fri 17. Aug 2012, 21:09

as a melee warrior, i fear them, mines/bombs, make me go down quickly and turrets makes him almost uncatchable for me...havent found a way to beat a good engineer yet as warrior
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Aaron » Fri 17. Aug 2012, 22:27

Bloodwyne wrote:as a melee warrior, i fear them, mines/bombs, make me go down quickly and turrets makes him almost uncatchable for me...havent found a way to beat a good engineer yet as warrior

Rifle. I know you said as a melee warrior, but that really is the trick, just swap in a rifle from inventory before combat.
Aaron

Postby galydun » Fri 17. Aug 2012, 23:34

a good played engineer is hard to kill.. thats true.. but at least i think its one of the hardest class and i have some fears to play him... u rock or u suck :D
galydun

Postby Jadene » Wed 22. Aug 2012, 12:03

Well tried the engineer last night, it seems a very in depth class and I see where you are coming from Galy with going to be hard to learn and going to take some time to master it and the nuances. It seems to need alot of micro managing.

I never bothered to try one before as the idea of the class didn't appeal but glad I have now.

I didn't think any class would measure up to me over the Mesmer but I am, even in the short amount of time in love with that class, so I am actually going to swap and play an engineer as main for release.
Jadene

Postby Hyrule » Wed 22. Aug 2012, 14:22

hey guys i need advice about what class i should take

i ve been playing casters in all games since ages but always felt like i would have more fun with dual-wielding type of classes (casters in daoc/rift/etc. felt like having much more less skills then other classes)

i only played stress test for like an hour so i didnt have time to check out all classes

watched tons of vids on youtube but it didnt really help me choosing a class

what do you guys think? keep going down the caster road or try something else?
Hyrule

Postby Bloodwyne » Wed 22. Aug 2012, 14:37

Jadene wrote: I didn't think any class would measure up to me over the Mesmer but I am, even in the short amount of time in love with that class, so I am actually going to swap and play an engineer as main for release.

That is really good news :) Not only the fact that u will be one of the few (2?) engineers at launch... also and mainly though that ur happy with the choice! :)

Hyrule wrote:what do you guys think? keep going down the caster road or try something else?

Well no matter if caster or melee, i experience you as a DPS type of player.. and i think you prefer burst dps over condition dps... yet there is many ways you can play your class, and some can be burst or condition dmg based...but i still would suggest you to play a Thief/Ele/Warrior

though as i know ur playing above average i wouldnt mind you to take a role of a class that we have not that many of in guild, e.g. engineer,thief,necro,ranger

BUT: The decision is still 100% up to you and im pretty sure there is use for every class at almost all times if we are not going the hardcore sPvP way..
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Guild Wars 2