Go to footer

Post your planned builds

Re: Post your planned builds

Postby Ogien » Sun 8. Jul 2012, 13:53

Elementalist:
after checking out some stuff on the internet etc. I came to think that staff is really great if you plan on dming massive amount of ppl which are close together. Since really like to be mobile and deal decant amount of dmg I most likely switch to this build:

http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#el;kfafp ... Ybaa;ZZUQZ

I'll leave lightning hammer so I could stun ppl and help out with closing choke points. By the way, you need to remember that when elementalist summons his/her weapon you'll always get an extra one for someone to grab and use, so even warriors can help out and stun ppl with static field.
Ogien

by Advertising » Sun 8. Jul 2012, 13:53

Advertising

Postby Aaron » Tue 10. Jul 2012, 07:25

We should test if you can just spawn the hammer and then swap in a new trait without losing the hammers.

I wanna run a +condition duration build on my ranger and open fights with the lightning hammer's static field.
Aaron

Postby Borrower » Tue 10. Jul 2012, 11:35

Ele staff build

http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#el;kpaak ... Zaaa;YVSTY

Could be i switch Armor of Earth to Arcane Shield or Conjure Earth Shield
and could be is switch Mist form to Lightning flash
Basicly Glyph slot 3 and 4 will be defensive/escape/survive
Will need to test some more to know wich work best to my needs and maybe learn what to switch to in what situation
My traits are focussed on doing as much dmg as pos with staff fire nukes

Also does someone know if the trait 'Tempest Strength' (Deal 5% more dmg while moving) work with Meteor Shower cause u stand still first to cast it but when u move again the meteors still come crashing down, will they do more dmg too?

Niels
Niels
Borrower

Postby Bloodwyne » Tue 10. Jul 2012, 20:27

Warrior builds

http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#w;aaaaa; ... dXXe;bbYUZ <- sword + axe and axe + shield, grants me the whirlwind of axe offhand and a 7 sec cripple (hamstering) and also 2 very powerful adrenaline attacks

http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#w;aaaaa; ... baXe;bbYkZ <- replace greatsword with hammer or rifle... all 3 setups that i think can be pretty powerful with axe+shield combo as second weaponset
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Aaron » Thu 12. Jul 2012, 05:27

I am reading that this may get nerfed soon. But apparently blast finishers in fire fields give 3 stacks of might in Area Effect, and you can spam that over and over. So right now its possible to hit 25 stacks of might with certain elementalist builds apparently from all the might on cast, fire field blast finisher might, might on weapon attune etc

Its expected to be nerfed in BWE3, but still something to follow, because Anet seems to "balance" more than "nerf"

Dragon's Tooth, Phoenix, and Arcane Wave are all blast finishers, so right there, 9 stacks + attunement, 2 more if you traited for might on fire spell cast, another one for casting the fire field, so that's 13 immediately. And its 11 of them AoE just right there.
Aaron

Postby Bloodwyne » Fri 13. Jul 2012, 18:45

Another Warrior build... special focus on traits this time

http://www.gw2builds.org/create/bwe_1/w ... 5.8.5.2.12

what u think? i think its really nice dps combined with alot of flexibility and single target control
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Aaron » Fri 13. Jul 2012, 19:04

Only thing I would play with is trying out Hammer instead of greatsword. Looks to me like it will sustain more damage while also giving better control options. With your 1s immobilize on cripple trait the Hammer's #3 skill would become a massive cone area immobilize with a cripple (7s lol) component. Also an AE pushback on skill 4, single target knockdown on skill 5. There is no channeled damage skill, but every skill has a high damage component, so I think the sustained DPS actually is better than greatsword.

But it looks good regardless.
Aaron

Postby Bloodwyne » Fri 13. Jul 2012, 19:09

jeah hammer is also a weapon i will definately swap in alot... really like it
also we have to think about some pve setups aswell to make dungeons less a pain (pointing at ascalon at BWE2 :DD)

an ability i have to use atleast once in action : Death From Above http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Death_from_Above

me fat norn jumping from a cliff into a crowd of enemies omg i so want to do this :D
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Aaron » Fri 13. Jul 2012, 19:24

lol, I wonder if every profession gets some kind of fall damage trait. Baiting zergs off cliffs would be funny.

PvE seems like it needs lots of pre thought on setting up cross profession combos to lock down specific mobs in each encounter. Some Anet devs did an interview where they talked about using the Thiefs Basilisk Venom (elite skill that gives venom which turns enemy to stone for 1 second) with a trait that gave it to all nearby allies. It let their group have one person hit the boss mob at a time and cycle to lock it down for quite a while.

There are so many combos like that it is insane. Condition damage also bypasses toughness, so keeping 25 bleed stacks, a burn and a poison always on the boss would probably be huge. Weakness is 50% fumble debuff etc

Not to mention vulnerability stacking and using fire field blast combos to keep us all at 20+ might stacks.

Almost feels like theyre adding content as I learn about new mechanics. Its a good feeling.

EDIT:

I ended up taking a closer look at that build you posted and the builder you used. I do not believe it is a BWE2 builder. I think it doesn't have the trait tiers setup correctly. Some of the skills you have in Adept level are actually Grandmaster level and some GM level you have, you couldve gotten at Adept.

So I tried to kinda redo it with a more modern builder.

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulato ... 0.30.10.20

But then I basically made it a lot more anti-CC oriented. I used Jewelry to boost dmg as much as possible, The Signet of Intelligence and Doom on Axe/Shield for guaranteed crit on Eviscerate with +30% dmg, and the Sigil of Battle for Hammer to get power up to 2500+ on Hammer (8 might stacks with combat weaponswap (3) + rage signet (5))
Aaron

Postby Bloodwyne » Sat 14. Jul 2012, 03:50

i really like that setup Aaron! I didnt know until now that Last Stand and Shrug it off dont put the abilitys on a cooldown! This is incredibly awesome tbh and actually has to be tested by myself as it seems so OP to me
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

PreviousNext