Go to footer

sPvP Team

sPvP Team

Postby Bloodwyne » Thu 27. Sep 2012, 11:16

Hey all,

im starting to find sPvP tournaments more and more interesting and fun. Though always being forced to team with randoms isnt that fun. I'd like to set up a guild intern team that more or less plays regulary together. It must not only be 5 people, it can be basically every guildy, first comes first serves then. Though the interest in sPvP seems kinda low in Rare atm and maybe if we get more often a guildgroup running it will be more enjoyable. Even though everyone should be prepared to get their ass slapped many times before we will actually be able to compete :)

So again: Not calling for a setgroup here, just asking if more people might be interested in some tournys.
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

by Advertising » Thu 27. Sep 2012, 11:16

Advertising

Re: sPvP Team

Postby Raemaar » Thu 27. Sep 2012, 12:41

I would definitely be interested here. PvP is most fun for me when working in a good team. WvW or sPvP: they are different play styles and both highly enjoyable when played right.
Raemaar

Postby Magicco » Thu 27. Sep 2012, 14:10

Well You can count me in... im already rank 11 or 12. I really enjoy sPvP. But not with the necro, cause many supportspells are heavy bugged. Glasscannon thief 4tw ^^
Magicco

Postby Xedie » Sat 29. Sep 2012, 11:15

Guess for spvp - tourneys I would be up as well ;)
Xedie

Postby Teutonick » Sat 29. Sep 2012, 11:27

I'll likewise be up for sPVP. I'm having a hard time to find time to to the leveling. Any particular time? two nights a week? one night?
Teutonick

Postby Bloodwyne » Sat 29. Sep 2012, 18:22

lets just see how it evolves, yesterday we had our first GG running in sPvP, it started very well with a tourny victory then we were put in our places again ;), but still i noticed a huge difference to random groups. Voice chat makes the difference basically, but thats no news. We often reached the final and rarely didnt win the first match in a tourny-

Gonna play around with builds the next days a bit, though i hope i can find one that i can keep so i and the team can get used to a certain playstyle/tactics, that are usually depening on peoples classes and specially their builds.
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Magicco » Tue 2. Oct 2012, 12:39

well well, since sPvP is the most funny thing at gw2 imo.

i made some thoughts about a nice grpsetup:

i would suggest:
Warrior or Ele/Mesmer
Guardian
Guardian
Thief (survivability spec) or better survivability Ele
Mesmer
Magicco

Postby Bloodwyne » Tue 2. Oct 2012, 13:38

I think your build lacks dps, not because of the classes but because of the builds u choose, dps can be very imporant in some situations.

my suggestion would be Warrior/Ele Guardian Mesmer Thief Ranger

Ive seen nice defensive specced warriors and eles already. Guardians are the better point holder but Ele and Warri are fine too imo + might deal little more dmg even if defensive specced. Specially the ele has a awesome function in the trebuchet map. He can go for the enemy trebuchet, launch a meteor shower and the trebuchet is gone.

Ranger has the best mobility, so is awesome to run from point to point and support the group or retake points.

Mesmer generally a OP class imo for many reasons:P Nice 1on1 capability even against defensive build classes, nice tools like his tons of annoying copys and his portal -> always causing an enemy team confusion.

Thief/Warrior -> Pure DPS .. very important for fast bosskills like svanir/chief/lord and to take down point holder like guardians in a duo fast.

Still i think the main point is to have a balanced group. The class doesnt amtter that much, but the builds do. We need a pure defensive build (maybe even 2) 1 pure dps build and 1 hybrid and 1 fast mobility build... and even that i unsure if that is rly the best to have...we simply have to find out by playing :P
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Magicco » Tue 2. Oct 2012, 13:58

i would suggest a thief with some survivabilty as best mobility comrade, perma 20% movement speed and shortbow teleports (there are some edges where you can even teleport upwards, bug ofc^^)

i will later try a guardian with defensive spec.
any class with correct spec can survive long, even against glasscannons, but i would say guardians are the best due the massive amount of knockbacks, to hold points very long.

well atleast we need MOARRRrrrr players^^
Magicco

Postby Ferol - RJ » Tue 2. Oct 2012, 23:23

First off let me say that spvp is all I've been doing as of lates, and I've been following some pretty amazing twitch streams to see what competitive guilds are coming up with.

The classes/team structures i've been noticing the most are generally : War/Guard/Mes/Engi/+++

But the integral parts to any team is a good mesmer. It's crazy the utility they can bring to the table on certain maps when played properly.

Otherwise, point controls can be done by guardians (as we found out ;) ) and engineers

Engineers can aslo destroy bunker guardians with the proper setup (dual pistols+conditions) and be very effective roamers/aoe point pushers with the proper build.

All in all, we just need to play more often, and try different set ups that will work for us... right now there are obvious advantages to running guard+mesmer but with a big PVP revamp coming up around the corner, I think that everything is still pretty much in the air in terms of classes needed

I'm in Boston right now, I'll try to log in today/tomorrow but otherwise I'll be back next week to play some sPvP with all of you.
Ferol - RJ

Next