Re: Stress Test August 15th, noon PST, going for four hours

Postby Bryt » Wed 15. Aug 2012, 16:33

and the best point is: no LD in Khylo!!! :D
Bryt

by Advertising » Wed 15. Aug 2012, 16:33

Advertising

Postby Aaron » Wed 15. Aug 2012, 22:09

Another PSU fried today. Apparently whatever optimizing they did is using my computer in a way that makes the PSU go boom. Upgrading in hopes that fixes it.

Probably won't be on today.

Did not really get to play today, but was on the phone with DJ while he did quite a bit of testing.

A lot of things have changed. Many of the self heals have had their durations and values changed. A lot of traits are being combined. Many skills are being slightly adjusted.

For damage with melee, the leader is still guardian but now its the Greatsword not the 1Hsword that does the most. And the overall damage on 1H sword and Greatsword was reduced slightly. Instead of out damaging Warrior axe by around 30% it is now down to about 10% for greatsword and 5% for 1Hsword. Guardian 2H hammer was reduced to do the same damage as Warrior Axe.

The burst skills have been adjusted though so stacking up burst potential still hasnt been done, was a really short day for testing.
Aaron

Postby Jadene » Thu 16. Aug 2012, 08:35

Hope you get your PC sorted soon Aaron, sucks you have 2 blowouts for your PSU.

I did alot of tweaking with my settings and overclocked to various degrees to see how it performed. Is alot better for me and is playable now, but considering it isn't the best looking game it doesn't feel that it is optimised that well still.
Jadene

Postby Bloodwyne » Thu 16. Aug 2012, 19:16

btw good job everyone we did alot better this time, made first place like 3 times in the tournaments? But i notice hard that i am not used to this gamemode anymore. Gotta get into it again, being forced to split the group to be most efficient is sth i totally lost due to DAoC ;)
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Jadene » Fri 17. Aug 2012, 09:14

Nice guys that is super well done :)

I will no doubt try them out after release, just last arenas I played was in SWTOR and they sucked., only decent pvp found in that game was the very few open world pvp fights got into lol.

They are 5v5 and 8v8 yes? if so at least can have just guildies rather than random pugs assuming you can join as a team as I did read something about there was issues with that?
Jadene

Postby Bloodwyne » Fri 17. Aug 2012, 10:57

Well jeah its not WvW and without doubt won't sustain longterm fun like WvW hopefully will. Playing the same small maps over and over again, can get boring fast. I see sPvP as a kind of instant PvP challenge where you can also easily test any possible build for every char, without xping/farming at all. Will probably get a bit serious about it during time, but main focus will without a doubt be WvW.

Tournaments, where you sign up as a group are 5v5 and the random servers are 8v8, but you cant join there as a group and will be balanced to different teams most possibly. Its simply great that there is both, open PvP and structured PvP, and i like the structured one more than i liked RIFT's already because its 5v5 and not 10 vs 10 or even 20 v 20... those numbers just suck for sPvP, this is numbers for open PvP, which infact didn't have at all.
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Magicco » Fri 17. Aug 2012, 11:25

maybe we should think about the option if those sPvP will go to ESL, to sign up :D

im not sure, but i remember only 3 different maps, i hope i missed some or they will add some more later...
Magicco

Postby Jadene » Fri 17. Aug 2012, 13:52

It sounds pretty good from what you guys have said. I liked Rift from the skills but yes I agree with you from a bg point of view. I think just the last few games I have played they have pretty much been the pita.

Will no doubt enjoy it in GW2 with the smaller set up and it is more tactical/skillwise rather than gearbased too which is a huge + for me. Though for sure my main priority is always going to be the RvR/open world rather than arena style.

Magicco wrote:maybe we should think about the option if those sPvP will go to ESL, to sign up

Better get practicing then lol :P
Jadene

Previous