https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/l ... nded-gear/

I wonder how that is going to pan out.
Jadene

by Advertising » Tue 13. Nov 2012, 17:33

Advertising

Re: Update

Postby Bloodwyne » Tue 13. Nov 2012, 17:50

My comment to this:

"I as a player who only plays this game for WvW feel backstabbed like never before in another game. If it comes out, that this new armor with better stats will be usable in WvW, i will quit the game and might even contact my lawyer to make an example. I am already collecting official quotes of employees about the merchandising of GW2 not being a gear grind game. I know this must sound ridiculous to most, but this is for me an obvious case of fraud to the customer. Lets see what my lawyer says."

Ofc im lying there, i don't even know a lawyer yet:P But i am really disturbed about that news. Makes me think of quitting the game even if i enjoy it the most rightnow.
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Ravis » Wed 14. Nov 2012, 09:24

It is a bit concerning cos seems like they have gone back on their word with the no endless gear grinding that was advertized.

I may not have played for a bit but Claire was on about this and seems totally against what their ideals were.

It could be ofc that it will just be for that dungeon or smthing like that but do not really see it tbh.
Ravis

Postby Ateron » Wed 14. Nov 2012, 09:36

Sadly this is the start of the gear treadmilling. Ascended gear has the better stats than exotics and with the required math done it will be %18 ish more powerful (some dudes did the calculation from guru). They are saying this is to fill the gap between legendary and exotics. Even though there wont be any more "better" tiers this is the start of the powercreeping like we all see in wow and other mmos. Here is the offical post of two developers about the ascended gear:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/lins ... nded-gear/

and after over 100+ forum pages about it another developer posted:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/i ... post721451

And here is the manifesto:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7rBhD9dwfc

Manifesto in flames :)
Ateron

Postby Jadene » Wed 14. Nov 2012, 15:00

Awww it is sad they are going down this road really in particular when the idea was once had exotics you were good to go. Of course you could grind armour from dungeons/karma for the asthetics but all was a level playing field.

I read the 2nd link you provided Atalay and correct me if I am wrong, but I thought legendaries were the same stats as exotic weapons just looked alot better. From what they are saying now is they are making armour to move up to the legendary standard? Makes no sense to me.

What you copied/pasted Mark I lol at but I see where the guy is coming from though being a bit dramatic., but it was advertised as a no grind game and to change their minds only 2.5 months into it is crazy in my opinion.

If at the start they had said would be a gear treadmill, well it would have been a bit bleh but at least you knew what you was getting into and I would have been fine with it, but because it was one of the selling points of it not being it is a huge let down by Arena Net and false advertising.

I can understand that the pvers are bored as there wasn't a "carrot on a stick" gear progression really but they could have come up with alternative ideas to keep the game fresh without resorting to increases in gear.

My engineer is all equipped and the thought of having to change it all doesn't appeal to me in the slightest., even if I can craft it, that means more farming :x

I played again briefly at the weekend and enjoyed it, I also didn't have invisible players in wvw, though still had lag issues. But yes was debating playing again but now I am considering throwing in the towel and looking to pastures new with my gaming.

I miss playing though with you guys I just don't know if I can find the motivation to go onto the gear grind.

I will see how it plays out over the next few days I guess.
Jadene

Postby Llithium » Wed 14. Nov 2012, 15:31

They do what the most companies do: They try to "improve" the game with stupid upgrades. The problem itself is, that the community in big parts don't want to learn new game mechanics and collect new stuff everytime the comapny is bored or wants a change for their game.
That 's why DAoC lost it 's charme and why GW2 will lose it 's charme. I am sad that this happens already that early, but it seems people who design those games are not close enough to the people who actually play those games....
Arashij.2857 Silver Invader, rank 625 on Far Shiverpeaks
Llithium
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Ateron » Wed 14. Nov 2012, 16:52

They said legendary items will be updated, probably when they introduce the ascended weapons in later patches. I wonder what will happen to the transmuted legendaries.
Ateron

Postby Magicco » Sun 18. Nov 2012, 12:47

wow already now all exotics getting devalued?? wow they are faster than blizzard...

thank god i stopped this game... :D
Magicco