Go to footer

Why I think Far Shiverpeaks will prove to be an unfun server

Re: Why I think Far Shiverpeaks will prove to be an unfun se

Postby Jadene » Fri 5. Oct 2012, 14:16

Hello,

So have spent the last few days playing on Gandara.

I randomly picked this server as a middle of the table in regards to ranking, and at the time was marked as a medium populated server.

Queue times are slightly faster than FS, but not a night and day difference. I tried queuing up for all the borderlands and EB, EB still the longest out of the 4.

Some of the fights were not 3 way so helped with frame rate but generally was still zergy like our server is.

Unless you are going to pick one of the bottom quieter servers I think it is just how it is going to be and I personally have no real interest in running around maps looking for people to kill.

My main issue is going to be the queue times, as long as are around 30 minutes during the week days I can live with it. Sure it really does suck with invisible zergs but going to get that on any server with how it is optimised.

Would be nice if you could queue up on an alt and it pops up, gives you time to change characters to zone in., also if you could have a 5-10 minute window if you crash.

I popped home from work this morning to transfer back to FS as didn't want to attempt it tonight and not being able to with it being on full.

I still think with a co ordinated effort can achieve in WvW as long as queues aren't mega long, can do skirmish runs, cut off supplies, put crosses on the map to draw the zergs out, so many things you can do.

Sure it really does suck running into invisible players but even with just running around in a small group was able to have some fun and enjoy it.

Something of note though, coming from Igraine Hibernia in DAOC, on Albion there was a guy called Team Wizzy, he controlled a group himself made primarily of wizards obviously :p along with druid/bard. Anyway he would wreak havoc by positioning himself in keeps/towers and could wipe out alot of people if you were dumb enough to run into him.

So Mike and I were attacking a keep with the zerg on Gandara, there was an Underworld guild there, that just brought TW back to us.

I have no idea what the guild was doing, though it appeared to be about 10-20 of them all stood in a small area. Must have been running along of healing/defensive boons or whatever but was IMPOSSIBLE to take them down even assisting, Mike can explain it better than I but it was really fascinating to see.

So anyways, my feeling is at present after looking at another server that staying on FS is a good idea in the near future.

Along with the work Mark has put into the alliance of course.

And from an English point of view it is always nice to kill French players who try to
build a Maginot line at the central keep :P

I haven't done any other testings on swapping to different servers but just my feedback to this topic.

Claire
Jadene

by Advertising » Fri 5. Oct 2012, 14:16

Advertising

Postby Justmezz » Mon 8. Oct 2012, 17:36

Hey Guys!
Most of you wont know me yet, I am a rare-member from DAoC (25, Studying, Name: Joschka) and just got GW2 today.
Heres my Problem: I cant create a Character on Farshiverpeaks, because it is "full". I wonder if I can play with you at all. Does the "Full"-State change in the early morning, when there are less ppl online, so I can sneak in and create a character? Any Ideas about how this system work?
Greetings :)
Justmezz

Postby Bloodwyne » Mon 8. Oct 2012, 18:47

For a start you can join another server and create your chars there, server transfer is still free and the population switches still. So, yes on some times the "Full" status switches to "High" and then u can transfer your whole account to Far Shiverpeaks. Its limited to 1 transfer a day though. WB josch ;)
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Justmezz » Mon 8. Oct 2012, 21:24

The news say it costs 1800 Diamants, whatever that is, to switch to a "high" world. Is it really wrong? I'd just love to play soon :D See you all
Justmezz

Postby Llithium » Tue 9. Oct 2012, 07:47

In future it will cost gems, atm it 's still free I think.
Arashij.2857 Silver Invader, rank 625 on Far Shiverpeaks
Llithium
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Aaron » Mon 15. Oct 2012, 09:51

I won't be coming back to Far Shiverpeaks for the foreseeable future. Good playing with everyone.
Aaron

Postby Jadene » Mon 15. Oct 2012, 16:17

Take care Aaron.
Jadene

Postby Bloodwyne » Mon 15. Oct 2012, 16:20

Cya Aaron, will miss u in Rare.
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Previous