Go to footer

About <Rare> at DAoC

About <Rare> at DAoC

Postby Bloodwyne » Tue 19. Jun 2012, 07:29

Hello everyone!

Who are we?

The MMORPG community Rare was founded in 2003 on the DAoC PvP Server „Camlann“. Already back then the idea of Rare was to create an international guild with people from all over the planet to bring some diversity into our community. Camlann however wasn't the „real“ birth of this guild. After turning my back to DAoC for quite some years i stumbled across this Freeshard in 2008. I took a short year of orientation and then I decided to create my own guild again and refounded Rare in Summer 2009 with a handful of dedicated DAoC vets. Since then we have always been a number on this Server, sometimes more and sometimes less active, but always a competetive act for our opponents. Our main focus gameplay wise has always been the 8vs8 bracket of RvR. We think this is the most competetive and most team oriented gameplay. Still we are not loath for other styles too (smallman, soloing, zerging, even PvE in „rare“ occasions ;)) but at the end 8vs8 is probably 90% of what we do. It's just that whatever you do when ur out in RvR i expect from my members to play the game fair so that it can be fun for the other realmmates and opponents too. Which doesnt mean we are hugging our enemys and when it comes to realm events like relicraids even greys shouldnt cross our way! Rare is more than just a guild on Uthgard, we are also playing other games together and always stay in contact via our forum or other medias.

What realm are you playing on?

Our main realm is and always will be Albion. Nevertheless we have guilds in the other 2 realms aswell which grants us some flexibility to do what we like the most, 8vs8, even if there is an overage of Albion 8mans running. If we are leading realmwide events however this is always limited to Albion.

How many members do you have?

Currently we have around 30 more or less active members in Rare. Our idea is to try to get a 8man group going almost everyday during EU primetime. This does not always work out and thats why we are part of an alliance and thats also why we are looking for fresh blood again ;)

How old are your members?

We range from 20 to 40, i'd say our average is around 26 years old.

What do you expect from new members?

- Accepting our ruleset

- Maturity → flaming public chats and trolling people is not what we are going to tollerate even if it has found so much tollerance in alot of communitys in the internet and on this server. Trashtalk in our guilds chats is always welcome ;)

- Activity → the absolute key to become a part of our guild and contribute something is when you are a determined and active player, eager to win and grown enough to be open for adaptations gameplay and character wise. People showing up once a week during primetime over a longer period of time expecting to be carried by the guildgroup will not have a long journey in Rare.

- Reliability → when you say your gonna be there, be there or let us know ur not coming, simple stance.

- Experience → As i said we are very 8vs8 oriented and therefor we are looking for experienced DAoC players.

What can new members expect from Rare?

- A bunch of friendly and skilled players
- Dedicated leadership
- Great experience in 8vs8-type gameplay
- A personal atmosphere
- Stability
- Activity
- Certain „bonuses“ when becoming a fullmember

Where can i apply to Rare?

Only in the forums recruitment tent.

What voice chats do you use?

TeamSpeak 3

Rules:

- Joining other guilds next to <Rare> is not allowed.
- Don’t give the guild a bad reputation by acting like an idiot in public, you represent the guild, and any stupid behaviour gets reflected to the guild.
- Try to stay calm in every situation and give the most possible respect to everyone you meet. People that are always looking for vengeance when they got flamed/griefed/ganked do not fit to our guild.

DAoC specific rules:

1. We respect our enemies and realm mates and don't try to ruin running fights by add. 3-realm-fights can be exceptions if there is a solid fight running.

2. We don't farm/gank our enemies (in form of x+y vs x). A fair respectful behaviour is the key to make the game attractive to everyone and fairness is our main intention. Events or Relic raids/Relic defences are of course exceptions.

3. Greys and Levelers/Lowlevels will not be killed by us if they don't attack or add. We earn our realmpoints in fair fights and not by farming. This game is intended to match with each other and not about farming Realmpoints.

P.s.: Of cause there can be exceptions to people who keep behaving unfair to us, but it is not enough if someone added once or was seen in a zerg once. Everyone deserves at least the chance to be fair and since we are an honorful guild we try to give these chances as often as possible.

Who can i contact for more information?

Contact me here, via pm or ingame on the chars in my signature or simply contact someone from the guild.
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

by Advertising » Tue 19. Jun 2012, 07:29

Advertising

Re: About <Rare> at DAoC

Postby Alexcia » Thu 10. Oct 2013, 16:34

I like to try DAOC, never played it, so its the same which swain you join?
and how, when to contact you?
Hear you later.
Alexcia
Alexcia

Re: About <Rare> at DAoC

Postby Borrower » Tue 15. Oct 2013, 11:37

I'm rly no expert but afaik you need to DL the daocportal here: http://www.dolserver.net/daocportal/
And you can DL the game and the mods needed to play on Uthgard here: http://uthgard.net/downloads
Also if u have mIRC join #uthgard for questions about this stuff, you'll usually find some of us there with [R] in front of our name aswell.
Good luck and hope to see you ingame soon

Niels
Niels
Borrower