Topic locked

Application for Guild Wars 2

Mon 30. Apr 2012, 14:32

I'm Sam, currently living in Leeds, UK. 21 Years old studying some crap at University. In terms of my MMO/gaming history I started playing DAoC in 2000 for around 4 years, playing an awful lot of RvR at a reasonably high level with a guild. After my time in DaoC I started playing Counter-Strike for the next 6-7 years. This is what shaped my competitive outlook within gaming, competing at a high level across numerous LANs and online tournaments. Upon quitting CS I've dabbled in numerous games such as Dota 2, HoN and Starcraft 2 but I feel like it's time I return to my roots.

My reason for choosing Rare to connect with in GW2 is mostly down to the DAoC connection. The game was so unique and interesting that I feel like it gives a different perspective on MMOs unlike any other. Furthermore the RvR/WvW correlate pretty damn well in terms of skillset.

Right now I'm probably nowhere near where I should be skillwise within MMO PVP but given time I can certainly compete at the same level as within any game I've played.

I'd also be interested to know if you guys were going to be playing any other games (particularly MMOs) in the meantime where I could catch you.

Thanks,
teb/Sam.

Mon 30. Apr 2012, 14:32

Re: Application for Guild Wars 2

Mon 30. Apr 2012, 16:11

Read it and felt like you Sam won't be playing GW2 for a long period or this game won't be your main?

Mon 30. Apr 2012, 16:55

Hey Sam, thanks for your application!

@ dundun i think u got the last sentence wrong, hes asking to play with us on an other mmo while waiting for gw2 i can't see any referrence in his post to how long he will play gw2.

Have u been at the last beta weekend Sam?

And yes most of us can be found on the daoc freeshard Uthgard (www.uthgard.net), though atm not very active!

gonna discuss ur application intern

so long
mark

Mon 30. Apr 2012, 17:08

Hey!

And yeah I meant another game until release, I plan to focus entirely on it once it's released.

I was indeed playing the beta over the last weekend, it was absolutely immense. Totally captured what I've been missing in MMOs since my interest in DAoC.

Cheers guys.

Mon 30. Apr 2012, 19:15

Yeah, sorry, now I've got it :)

P.S. I have my own view about GW2 recruitment, but nevermind :)

Fri 4. May 2012, 17:37

What "crap" are you studying?

Niels

Fri 4. May 2012, 17:56

Alright Sam,

one thing which im going to tell every Pre-release applicant: The invite will be for a trial phase UNTIL we played with you. The case for a disband after release would only be if you came out as a totally annoying person or if you would be frequently inactive in all community sections and ingame.
We are quite tollerant when it comes to gameplay though, as we will all have to learn new stuff in GW2, but if it comes out u lack any knowledge of basic PvP gaming then that would be the last reason.

Stick around in our forum until we can play together and try to get mIRC ready to join our chats. I will add you to our internal forum-section.

Welcome to <Rare> Sam!

Mark

Sat 5. May 2012, 17:28

What server did u play on at BWE? If it wasnt Kodash are you able to get the 2k credit gems to switch the server to Kodash?

Sat 5. May 2012, 17:28

What server did u play on at BWE? If it wasnt Kodash are you able to get the 2k credit gems to switch the server to Kodash? only possible if u purchased the game with a creditcard afaik

Wed 9. May 2012, 00:08

Thanks very much :) Apologies for not replying sooner, just going into my final two weeks at Uni doing my dissertation etc. (I study Multimedia Technology).

In regards to switching server, I assume you mean for the second BWE? Since we'll lose our characters for the release anyway.

I'm not too sure tbh, I'll check it out but I haven't looked at transferring servers; If it's possible I'll do it. AFAIK I was playing on Gandara in the first event. :(
Topic locked

Bei iphpbb3.com bekommen Sie ein kostenloses Forum mit vielen tollen Extras
Forum kostenlos einrichten - Hot Topics - Tags
Beliebteste Themen: Name, Forum, NES, Youtube, Uni

Impressum | Datenschutz