Go to footer

Application - Share

Application - Share

Postby Share » Wed 25. Apr 2012, 13:50

Hello there, my name is Mikael and i'm a university student from Sweden. I am turning 23 in about a month.

I'm not an exclusive MMO player, however my background includes games such as W:AR, AoC and primarily GW1 which I played for several years. I was very active in the GW1 PvP scene and I was in a top 100 GvG guild at one point while the game was in its prime, before I quit the game. Besides those games i've been playing a lot of DotA, HoN and DotA 2. I think the common denominator in each game I play and have played is that i'm always there for the challenge of PvP and I believe I always compete at the top or close to the top. It can be traced back to my first online game which was Diablo 2 where I was involved in a small but prolific community of PvP'ers and i've never really looked back from the point when I first got a taste for PvP.

Unfortunately I seem to be the only one that is going to play GW2 from the group of gamers I usually play games with. Therefore i'm looking for an active group of players to join up with for this game. I noticed your thread in the Guru forums and since I have respect for DAOC players, despite not having played it myself, I thought i'd check you out. I believe Rare could provide what I want to get out of this game and I also think I would provide what you want out of a member.

I have pre-purchased the game by the way.

Thanks for reading.

by Advertising » Wed 25. Apr 2012, 13:50

Advertising

Re: Application - Share

Postby Revz » Wed 25. Apr 2012, 14:28

Hello Mikael,

Thank you for your application, well presented.

We're currently discussing your application and will let you know asap. Meanwhile could you indulge our curiosity and share some detail about your HoN/Dota experience, did you play competitively in team/Solo ranked or just for your enjoyment?

Also since you mention you respect DAoC players would you mind to elaborate? Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Sebastien
Revz aka Sebastien <Rare> GW2
Revz

Postby Borrower » Wed 25. Apr 2012, 14:37

Yo Mikael

<What Seba said>
Also what are you studying?

Niels
Niels
Borrower

Postby Share » Wed 25. Apr 2012, 15:15

Revz wrote:Hello Mikael,

Thank you for your application, well presented.

We're currently discussing your application and will let you know asap. Meanwhile could you indulge our curiosity and share some detail about your HoN/Dota experience, did you play competitively in team/Solo ranked or just for your enjoyment?

Also since you mention you respect DAoC players would you mind to elaborate? Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Sebastien

I've played DotA mostly for enjoyment. At one point I was in a competitive team in HoN but I didn't really have the time to put in by that time so it didn't lead anywhere, so I mostly played pubs with friends. 1900+ rating in HoN about a year ago (if that says anything to you) but pubs are pubs I suppose. DotA/DotA2 have been the same pretty much, i've only had the time to play high level pubs and casually in inhouse leagues from time to time.

What I meant by the DAoC remark is that my perception of DAoC is that it is a game a lot of old school PvP'ers came from after moving to other games. I've known a bunch of good players who have that background and i've heard of the game's good PvP gameplay.
Borrower wrote:Yo Mikael

<What Seba said>
Also what are you studying?

Niels

Political science.

Postby Bloodwyne » Wed 25. Apr 2012, 17:54

Hello Mikael!

Thanks for your application, looks like an honest one ;)

We will discuss it internally and give u a result asap!

Mark
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Dundun » Wed 25. Apr 2012, 21:52

Mikael, what is your favorite drink, meal and hobby? How you spend your free time and how much you have it when not at university and by PC?
What kind of music do you listen to? Do you you have a girlfriend?
Dundun

Postby Bloodwyne » Wed 25. Apr 2012, 22:50

rofl u kill me zilv
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Bloodwyne » Thu 26. Apr 2012, 13:32

Yo Mikael!

As u know tomorrow there will be the first beta weekend, after that we gonna tell you the result of the application. We would be happy to see you with us as a beta-member this weekend though! I will announce our server choice in the Guild Wars 2 forum!

Mark
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Share » Thu 26. Apr 2012, 14:15

Bloodwyne wrote:Yo Mikael!

As u know tomorrow there will be the first beta weekend, after that we gonna tell you the result of the application. We would be happy to see you with us as a beta-member this weekend though! I will announce our server choice in the Guild Wars 2 forum!

Mark

Sure, I'll come along. See you there.

Postby Dundun » Thu 26. Apr 2012, 16:10

Bloodwyne wrote:rofl u kill me zilv

Don't die!!
It's more fun when we can't talk not just about those silly mathematical based games. :mrgreen:
And the question about GF is very important!!! How many times we saw and were in situation: "Guys, sorry, GF agro... :(" :D
Dundun

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Recruitment Tent