Go to footer

Applying for Guild Wars 2.

Applying for Guild Wars 2.

Postby Ravis » Fri 29. Jun 2012, 12:17

Heya,

I wish to apply to the guild after Claire was chatting and then subsequently joined for the stresstest on Wednesday. I felt the guild (from the short time frame I saw) seemed to be organized and was an enjoyable experience.

I like the fact of the DAOC history of the guild and feel have the same sort of goals and background and think would be a great place to experience the game and being in the right guild makes all the difference to the friendships made and to enhance the experience.

I am Mike, I am 32 and now live in England and have done so for the last few years. I work mainly as an administrator/sales capacity.

I started my gaming days playing Q3 WFA in a German clan Invisible Invincibles. After this I moved to Everquest and got to end game and raiding before moving over to Dark Age of Camelot.

Like Claire has said, which is the same for me also I loved the game. Played my bard for the first couple of years then changed over to my eldritch and for me no other game has come close for the RVR enjoyment of taking out larger forces with the group I ran with or just the feeling and flow of the game. At least until the horrid expansion of ToA.

We did cause a bit of a trouble for the Albions because we would every night pretty much go over to their land to take all their keeps, claim them and level to 10 before moving to the next one. And I do admit that we discovered where you could claim the next keep and the original one would stay at level 10 after releasing it so we did get a bit unpopular for a while over that on the forums though they did fix the bug and we still went to Albion to take the keeps nonetheless and defend.

After a while the numbers started tailing off so went and played Albion with Claire and had a duo over there that worked well together with the cabalist debuffing the damage for the sorcerer.

After DAOC moved to WoW and so on through the MMOs but I did get rather jaded because nothing for me compared to DAOC for enjoyment and was the same "wack a mole" type of thing.

When I tried out Guild Wars 2 I was sucked into the game after an hour and loved the way the classes seem to work and the very many diverse things you can do. The PVP looks fun I tried out the Arena style and the WvWvW and looking forward to the games release to get involved in the game the same way hopefully as I was with Camelot.

Thanks for your time.

Mike.
Ravis

by Advertising » Fri 29. Jun 2012, 12:17

Advertising

Re: Applying for Guild Wars 2.

Postby Dundun » Fri 29. Jun 2012, 14:05

Hi Mike.
What will be your main pick in GW2, I mean character?
Dundun

Postby Ravis » Fri 29. Jun 2012, 14:36

Hi Dundun,

Yep I forgot to add that, it will be an Elementalist :)

Mike
Ravis

Postby Bloodwyne » Mon 2. Jul 2012, 00:03

Hey Mike!

Thanks for your application! Enjoyed reading it. Tomorrow i will tell you and Claire our decision!
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Bloodwyne » Mon 2. Jul 2012, 13:37

yo mike!

same as for claire we would like to invite you as a trial member!

welcome to Rare Mike!

mark
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Bloodwyne » Mon 2. Jul 2012, 15:29

added your account to internal forums
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer