Topic locked

DJ's Application

Wed 18. Jul 2012, 23:21

Hello, my is DJ but you'll remember me as “Firball” from BWE2. I REALLY hope you have a spot for me! I had the best gaming experience running around with you guys in WvW. Great times and I want more!

I'm 30 years old (omg I'm 30 lol...), live in the US and work in the restaurant industry.

I had a ele named “Cano” and plan on playing under that name for BWE3

I played a Ranger for BWE2. I might stick with that one but I'm going to try Mesmer for BWE3. It is really hard to say what I'll play for sure when they keep changing things up. I'm not going to want to play a class the guild does not need so Mesmer is questionable. My guess for release is Ranger, Mesmer, or Guardian. I would like to have more then 1 maxed out profession anyway to help play what is more needed at the time.

My MMO experiences come from EQ, Wow, and DAOC. EQ was a long time ago. Wow PVE was not much fun although I did get to max lv at the time. When I realized I wasn't having fun I started a new character for PVP battlegrounds. This is my first PVP experience. I had fun for a couple months doing this but stopped playing when it wasn't fun anymore. DAOC would have been great except I started years after the game released on the Uthgard server. This is what got me excited about GW2 WvW.

My friend Aaron introduced me into this guild. I believe I fit right in. I'll dedicate about 2 hours a day or more as this will be my main hobby. I also plan on playing for a long time, years.

Thank you for considering me as a guild member of Rare,
DJ

Note: I put DJ under Username and... "The field “Username” is too short, a minimum of 3 characters is required."
So I used Cano as the Username.

Wed 18. Jul 2012, 23:21

Re: DJ's Application

Thu 19. Jul 2012, 07:57

*Name.... My NAME is DJ bla bla bla. I read over that way too many times and still missed it. lol what a start. Tried to edit

Thu 19. Jul 2012, 08:42

Hey DJ! :)

Thanks for your application! I think by your personality you would absolutely fit to Rare. Thats a big + already but by far not everything.
When we played in the betas together i kept an eye on everyone to see what they are doing and how they contribute to Rare. Alot of times when we were out in WvW or PvE zones as a guildgroup i noticed that the group was on the one side of the map and Firball was on the other :D. I mean it is still a beta and everything feels important and feels like it needs an investigation :P But specially in PvP or WvW it is an absolute no-go to make people wait unnecessarily long for you because u are still playing around with some stuff somewhere. Once someone decides to join a group, his/her personal demands should be put in the background.

Still i am up to give u a trial-membership for now as u already spend some time ingame with us, but for a full membership u will need to change this drastically mate!

Cheers
Mark

PS: I always wondered if the guys from the US that are named DJ or TJ or CJ use that as a shortcut or if it is really their name? :D

Thu 19. Jul 2012, 12:38

Wow great reply thank you,

I will stay right with the group from now on. I know what your talking about, realized it every time it happened, and will easily fix this problem by not changing my settings while roaming WvW anymore. I was trying to make changes real quick but sometimes I was way too slow and unable to keep up. If it wasn't beta I wouldn't have even tried so this will never be a problem after release. I was easily able to stay with you until I opened up a window to change something.

I'm 100% here when I play except to maybe grab a drink of water while regrouping.

For BWE3 I will wait to make changes when we are at the starting points.

Everyone calls me DJ. Its short for Doug Junior. I have over 30 years of being DJ so to me its my real name and only thing I respond to. I actually have a nickname for DJ because its a little long to say. Deej. I'll respond to that too

Anyway thank you for the invite and i'll take what you said to make myself better :D

Thu 19. Jul 2012, 12:55

Ahhh now i get it... the J is for junior in those nicknames =) i see i see ^^

Alright welcome to Rare as a trial member then DJ! Looking forward to play with u again =)

Please register your nickname so i can give u access to internal forums

Thu 19. Jul 2012, 18:33

I registered the name Cano. Hope that is the nickname you are talking about. See you this weekend!

DJ

Wed 25. Jul 2012, 22:15

I do believe that you two actually played together on uthgard when we were leveling up in midgard some years ago. I think Mark's bonedancer was named like Bze or something and used to group with me on Teagen and DJ on some fat troll warrior name I can't remember wtf in the vendo caverns.

I think at least. That was your BD right mark?

Wed 25. Jul 2012, 22:27

na Bze was someone else from Rare =) I never played a BD on Uthgard

Thu 26. Jul 2012, 02:26

Oh, I thought you were "Hick." That HO merc. Thought that's what he said he played.

Thu 26. Jul 2012, 07:21

i am Hick, he was Zidane, another HO merc ^^
Topic locked

Bei iphpbb3.com bekommen Sie ein kostenloses Forum mit vielen tollen Extras
Forum kostenlos einrichten - Hot Topics - Tags
Beliebteste Themen: Name, Forum, NES, Youtube, Uni

Impressum | Datenschutz