Go to footer

Finklefuts' application to Rare

Finklefuts' application to Rare

Postby Finklefuts » Fri 12. Oct 2012, 22:35

Lets see, from your info post:

Your rules seems fine:
- I have no problem joining only one guild.
- I don't like to be thought of as an idiot personally, and that goes for representing my guild too. :-)
- I'm close to being the definition of calm! Except when I see a player with that ¤/&%# <FR> or <DE> tag behind their name! THEN I just HAVE to open some serious cans of WHOOPASS! But when they lie there on the ground, fried, beaten, thumped into the earth, not moving ... yeah, then I feel calm as still water again. (Seriously though, I think you'll find me quite relaxed.)

Personalia:
Name: Tomas (living in Norway btw - any Norwegians here?)
Chars: Finklefuts (main, lvl 80 Mesmer)
& Puckledorf (lvl 80 warrior - the char i started playing, but I'm not using him atm).

History in MMOs:
I have played several. Not going to mention all, but it started with Anarchy Online , and WoW is the one I have played the most. (I actually bought Mists of Pandaria a few days ago, but going back to WoW after GW2 just feels ... clunky and caveman'ish.) In WoW I played mostly on the RP-PvP server Ravenholdt, where I co-founded a guild named Legion V. During my time in WoW I've had responsibilities as guild leader, main tank, raid leader, class leader, ... HOWEVER: I'm NOT looking for that kind of responsibility in GW2! I'm just trying to be a casual PvP'er, hanging out with online friends this time, having fun. (Well, the 'casual' part is mostly something I tell my wife ... ;-)

Why Rare:
Because being with a guild is more social than being without one. And after my friend I've come to know through previous MMOs - Mike (Raemaar) - joined you guys, I've grouped with a few of you in WvW a couple evenings, and that has been great fun! :-) From those evenings, and what Mike has told me, it seems you're my kind of guild! (But honestly, I haven't really done hard research regarding Rare. A trial goes both ways, right? I think I'll have a blast if you find me fit to join, though.)

Tools:
I got Skype, Mumble and Ventrilo already ... so adding TeamSpeak completes it I guess? :-P

Other stuff I'd like to mention:
What currently annoys me is that I haven't had the opportunity to do Tournaments! I have 2 friends playing the game seriously, and thats not enough for the 5-man torney team. (I have a couple more playing, but they're not the dedicated PvP kind of guys.) So getting some torney games with the guild I join is high priority! :-D I have played mostly WvW and sPvP so far. That's the main reason I like GW2 in the first place: Player vs Player action.
In WoW I played quite abit of Arena in the early seasons, but haven't been much active in WoW lately. 2k+ teams, but nothing more - I'm in no way a world class player. :-P It's just another way to have fun for me. And it feels more balanced than sPvP and especially WvW, so its nice to do in addition to the other stuff.
I think of myself as a "casual but serious/dedicated gamer". I'm currently playing a few hours in the evenings, several days a week. Being grown up, I work a full-time job (running a small IT company). I'm also a family guy (wife, sweet kid at the age of 3) and that means there's other stuff to do in life than being online (luckily for me). But most evenings, I manage get a couple hours of virtual bashing of germans and french guys in too!

I guess thats it!

(No, you won't find a "tldr" at the end: I'm to old for that stuff. ;-)
Finklefuts

by Advertising » Fri 12. Oct 2012, 22:35

Advertising

Re: Finklefuts' application to Rare

Postby Hyrule » Sat 13. Oct 2012, 09:58

good one

+
Hyrule

Postby Mellas » Sat 13. Oct 2012, 10:29

+ from me sounds good
Mellas

Postby Bloodwyne » Sat 13. Oct 2012, 11:07

Played 2 or 3 times with you and ur application is definately one of the best i have read so lets just make it short... welcome to Rare Tomas ;)
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Finklefuts » Sat 13. Oct 2012, 12:16

Great - thanks! Looking forward to getting to know you guys in-game! :-D
Finklefuts

Postby Jadene » Sun 14. Oct 2012, 07:18

Welcome, looking forward to meeting you :)
Jadene

Postby Raemaar » Mon 15. Oct 2012, 18:49

Bloodwyne wrote:... and ur application is definately one of the best i have read so lets just make it short...

Clearly mine was the best though :roll:

Welcome Tomas!
Raemaar

Postby Qerildan » Tue 16. Oct 2012, 07:59

hehe^^
welcome to rare tomas
Qerildan
Technical Officer
Technical Officer

Postby Alexcia » Wed 17. Oct 2012, 10:58