Topic locked

Guild Wars 2 Application

Mon 23. Apr 2012, 02:16

Hello everyone,

My name is Atalay, i am 25 years old and from Turkey. I am still a student, trying to finish my master thesis on marketing atm.

I am planning to play an elementalist or a mesmer, couldnt decide which one because both looks so much fun :D . My mmo carrer began with Ultima online as a mage, me and my buddies created a guild for fun and rping mostly. After that i took some break for mmo games and played wow starting in the late vanilla for its pve content then for pvp zones (like alterac, warsong). Then i played Warhammer online for a short time. I love WAR lore (W40k actually but hey its similar :) ) and decided to try a bit but i disappointed. After that i return to wow again, played with mage and warlock as mains. Then i tried Aion loved the ideas in the game but it turned out to be a grind fest so i dropped sadly. I also played swtor for a month. Stories were great but very limited end game content and there was too much knockback, less skill pvp.

I am following GW2 and its creation for a very long time. There are so much nice and creative ideas supporting this game and i want to play it with a friendly community that helps each other while having lots of fun. I would like to join Rare beacuse of a friendly nature of your guild firstly and also your experience with wvw content with DAoC. I would like to want to join Rare because i want to play as a whole in pvp and achive more fun together.

Thanks for reading my post ! :D

with my best regards,

Atalay

Mon 23. Apr 2012, 02:16

Re: Guild Wars 2 Application

Mon 23. Apr 2012, 08:06

Nice app:
Looks motivated i always had good experience with turkish players :D so i'd say + .

Mon 23. Apr 2012, 14:24

Hey Atalay!

Thanks for your application! Agreed with Zail, looks pretty good. But how can u say u always had good experience with turkish players henri? :D I mean, Orhan is still with us! :twisted:

Gonna discuss your app. internal and let you know a result asap!

So long
Mark

Mon 23. Apr 2012, 15:56

Hello Atalay,

Thank you for the application, well presented and honest. I pretty much agree with every experience you shared. WO being a bit disappointing, Aion staying true to it's Asian roots including the horrible grind and well don't get me started on swtor as I had such high expectations being crushed upon reaching endgame.

That being said I share the opinion of Mark and Henri that you look motivated as well as willing to join for the right reasons.

+1 from me.

Kind regards,
Sebastien

Mon 23. Apr 2012, 16:38

Ohnoes another Orhan :o

Seems like a good complete app wich tells me ur quite the oldskool MMO player and actually read some of the previous apps ;)
Like Mark said there will be an internal discussion but u get + from my part

Niels

Mon 23. Apr 2012, 18:59

Thanks alot for your kind and nice posts guys. Its nice to hear your good thoughts about turkish players and also sharing similiar experiences with me. I will be waiting for your decision :D

with my best regards,

Atalay

Tue 24. Apr 2012, 11:42

Did you pre-purchase the game btw?

Niels

Tue 24. Apr 2012, 12:51

Yes of course, i pre-purchased on the first day it was available :D

Atalay

Wed 25. Apr 2012, 09:17

Alright Atalay, we really wanna give it a try with you! :)

Just one thing which im going to tell every Pre-release applicant: The invite will be for a trial phase UNTIL we played with you. The case for a disband after release would only be if you came out as a totally annoying person or if you would be frequently inactive in all community sections and ingame.
We are quite tollerant when it comes to gameplay though, as we will all have to learn new stuff in GW2, but if it comes out u lack any knowledge of basic PvP gaming then that would be the last reason.

Judging from your application i doubt one of those will be the case though. Stick around in our forum until we can play together and try to get mIRC ready to join our chats. :) I will add you to our internal forum-section.

Welcome to <Rare> Atalay!

So long
Mark

Wed 25. Apr 2012, 10:19

Thanks so much guys looking forward to play with you :D
Topic locked

Bei iphpbb3.com bekommen Sie ein kostenloses Forum mit vielen tollen Extras
Forum kostenlos einrichten - Hot Topics - Tags
Beliebteste Themen: Name, Forum, NES, Youtube, Uni

Impressum | Datenschutz