GW2 application

Sat 12. May 2012, 01:53

Name : Karel
Nationality : Belgian
Nickname : Duuv
Current class : Ranger (lvl24)
Current server : Underworld

MMO experience :

Zmud games (Duris : Land of Bloodlust) : a text/command based "non-graphical" PVP mmo 'oldskool' :))
Asheron's Call 2
Lineage 2 : My guild (Bloodpact) was one of the strongholders in the polarized on map PVP between our alliance and the 'evil' Exile alliance :). With my SK I was the 'main tank' on Antharas (back then the highest worldboss in game) when we got the first kill on him on NA/EU servers.
Lotro : played a few months, not my style (no PVP :))
WoW :
- Vanilla : Had a hunter in a top 50 guild PVE wise on Emeriss, achieved General rank in PVP
- TBC : cleared all content, over 2k rating every season
- Wotlk : cleared all content up and till the Lich King 25, over 2k rating every season (till then) and for the very first time reached the point where I had max PVE AND PVP gear before the next patch ... for 2 weeks..:( (the last 2 weeks before Ulduar hehe)
- Spent the last 4 years as hunter classleader/officer
Aion : Had very high expectations here about the sieging and the overall PVP. Turned out to be quite broken especially in the sieging mechanics and much like Lineage 2 filled with botters
SWTOR : 1 month after launch I got max level AND max pvp rank (Battlemaster) as Juggernaut, spent another month 'PVP grinding' for both endPVP sets then quit that dead end mmo (which I only planned to be a time filler upto GW2 in the first place).

Reasons to join Rare :

My main focus for GW2 is WvWvW. Seeing how you guys share my goal caught my eye.
I'm used to working in a group and striving to excel at the role I'm supposed to fulfill. My biggest hope is to be able to play with a dedicated well organized group with room for some fun and jokes at the appropriate times. I also really liked the fact that you emphasized the importance of respectable behavior. I always considered the name I had built up for myself more valuable than any gear or title I ever collected in any mmo I played.

Additional info :

I plan to play this with some irl friends as well. Much like in WoW the most important thing for me, regarding this issue, is being on the same server. However a few of them (equally experienced in the mmo field) I would like to have within my guild if that was possible. If necessary they can ofcourse make individual recruitmentposts if you see so fit.

Thanks for reading my application and hope to hear from you soon !

Duuv.

Sat 12. May 2012, 01:53

Re: GW2 application

Sat 12. May 2012, 11:49

Duuv wrote:Nationality : Belgian.
+
Duuv wrote: I always considered the name I had built up for myself more valuable than any gear or title I ever collected in any mmo I played.
+

Hi Karel

What is it you do for a living and where in Belgium are you from?

Niels

Sat 12. May 2012, 12:42

I work in a bank and I'm from Gent.

Sat 12. May 2012, 15:54

Hello Karel,

thanks for your application but theres some things i need to ask/tell you.

First thing to say is that the application itself is well done, pretty formal imo but solid content.

Then a quote i worry about a bit:

I plan to play this with some irl friends as well. Much like in WoW the most important thing for me, regarding this issue, is being on the same server. However a few of them (equally experienced in the mmo field) I would like to have within my guild if that was possible. If necessary they can ofcourse make individual recruitmentposts if you see so fit.

I need to know how many friends you would like to join us exactly. And YES it is absolutely necessary that everyone would write his own application. Generally im all against an already set up team joining in this little guild, we don't have room for that, so i need you to explain that further in detail. Basically how many friends you are talking about and also include in the count those that u would not necessarily need to be in the same guild with. And then explain me why exactly you want to join us instead of forming a guild with your buddys, again. ;)

so long
mark

Sat 12. May 2012, 16:30

Being judged on individual basis is no problem at all. Back in WoW I played with alot of irl friends on the same server, yet not in the same guild, since we have different interests and activity. If they can join, awesome, if they can't they will end up on the same server and I'll still be able to play with them so np.
If I would have intended this as a group application, there would have been as much info about them as there was now about me :D

Sat 12. May 2012, 17:35

well a problem could be that we are near a point where i want to close the recruitment phase for a while, as release is still so far and we got already some new faces in here which we all gotta get to know first. So we will discuss your app intern and give you a result asap. but its no good time for more people to applicate atm, if they don't bring up a totally overwhelming application ;)

btw. are you able to switch to the server Kodash for the upcoming stresstest /next BWE? (only possible if you prepurchased with creditcard)

Sat 12. May 2012, 18:11

I might have to skip the stress test unfortunately but next BWE sure, considering I still have all my gems :D

Tue 15. May 2012, 13:48

Hey Karel,

one thing which im going to tell every Pre-release applicant: The invite will be for a trial phase UNTIL we played with you. The case for a disband after release would only be if you came out as a totally annoying person or if you would be frequently inactive in all community sections and ingame.
We are quite tollerant when it comes to gameplay though, as we will all have to learn new stuff in GW2, but if it comes out u lack any knowledge of basic PvP gaming then that would be the last reason.

Stick around in our forum until we can play together and try to get mIRC ready to join our chats. I will add you to our internal forum-section.

Welcome to <Rare> Karel!

greez Mark

Thu 7. Jun 2012, 16:00

please meet us tomorrow on [DE]Kodash. (We are all on Kodash since first BWE and now they changed it to a german server) we will stay there though.

Please read my post in this topic 80309137nx50427/guild-wars-2-f16/bwe-2-world-changes--new-world-t152.html

Cu there!

Tue 24. Jul 2012, 17:29

invitation withdrawn due to lack of participation
Topic locked

Bei iphpbb3.com bekommen Sie ein kostenloses Forum mit vielen tollen Extras
Forum kostenlos einrichten - Hot Topics - Tags
Beliebteste Themen: Name, Forum, NES, Youtube, Uni

Impressum | Datenschutz