Topic locked

GW2 Application

Sat 4. Aug 2012, 19:04

Hello!
My name is Joop, I live in the Netherlands and I am 20 years of age. I am currently in medical school and I will begin my 3rd year in September.

I have played a number of MMOs in the past years, amongst which are WoW, LotRO, WAR, GW1 and I recently played SWTOR as well. The thing I like the most in the genre has always been PvP combat. I just love to play against other people, having a fair fight against equally skilled people and coming out either on top being victorious or loose and learn from the experience to fight another day. I love to understand game/profession mechanics and to come up with or execute fighting strategies/counterstrategies. I first encountered RvR style keep – combat in LoTRO’s Ettenmoors PvP, which I really enjoyed and which really sparked my interest in this type of PvP (even though it was quite poorly executed by the LotRO game developers).

I have been following the development of Guild Wars 2 for about 2 years now and although there are many amazing features and innovations in this game, I really was most excited about the WvW PvP. When we could finally lay our hands on the game during the first BWE it was even better than I had hoped. The sheer scale of fights, the feeling you get when successfully defend a keep with a small group and the possibilities for tactical maneuvering and success are just amazing. To accomplish these things I am looking for a WvW – oriented guild and Rare seems to offer exactly what I am looking for. Your DAoC history promises experience in organizing and playing this kind of PvP and the mature and respectful rule set appeal to me. I hope we can have some hefty battles and victories on the Eternal Battlefield in the future ;) .

During the BWEs I mainly played an Elementalist (Naelan) on Far Shiverpeaks and this profession will be my main at launch as well. I also plan on spending a lot of time on the Engineer, Necromancer and Guardian profession. Playtime will vary, but I’ll probably play mostly on evenings during weekdays and I will regularly play on weekends as well.

You guys seem like a nice bunch of people that take PvP seriously, while acting respectful and having a nice time and I hope I will be able to join you :D

Thanks for your time!

Sat 4. Aug 2012, 19:04

Re: GW2 Application

Sat 4. Aug 2012, 19:27

Hey Joop!

Thanks for your application! We will need a few days for internal discussion and then we will come back at you! The application itself leaves a good first impression.

Mark

Mon 6. Aug 2012, 13:38

Hey!

I have a question for you Joop. Are you aware that there are several dutch guilds forming on Far Shiverpeaks? We are willing to invite you as a trial member, though we wanna make sure u make the right choice for your own aswell. If u wanna be part of Rare still, we would welcome you as a trial member!

Mon 6. Aug 2012, 17:22

Hi!

I know that there are a lot of dutch guilds on Far Shiverpeaks and me and a friend have looked into many of them as well. However, after reviewing most FS guilds (dutch and international ones) we came to the conclusion that Rare fits us best because of your attitude, experience and focus on WvW. The recruitment post/forum also made a good impression :) .

Because of that I would still very much like to join you! My friend will apply seperately soon BTW.

Mon 6. Aug 2012, 17:30

Welcome to Rare then!

Gave your account to internal access.
Topic locked

Bei iphpbb3.com bekommen Sie ein kostenloses Forum mit vielen tollen Extras
Forum kostenlos einrichten - Hot Topics - Tags
Beliebteste Themen: Name, Forum, NES, Youtube, Uni

Impressum | Datenschutz