Go to footer

Settlers - Charr Guardian

Settlers - Charr Guardian

Postby settlersxp » Wed 14. Mar 2012, 16:51

Hello my name is Gabriel, i am a 26 years old player which is interested in joining your guild as soon as possible. I would describe myself as gamer because I am playing games since the age of 11 or 12 years old. I may have skipped a few titles but there are hundredths of others completed.

My first MMO was WoW, after that I have played Rift, Age of Conan and SWTOR.

Installing the required version of TeamSpeak is not quite of a problem, I do have headphones and I am able to speak as well as I write.

I do have 1 question for you guys. From "Bloodwyne" 's location written on the http://www.guildwars2guru.com i have assumed that this guild is European. Is this correct?
settlersxp

by Advertising » Wed 14. Mar 2012, 16:51

Advertising

Re: Settlers - Charr Guardian

Postby Bloodwyne » Wed 14. Mar 2012, 17:31

Hey Gabriel,

thanks for your application.

To answer your question first: Yes we are mainly European players (atm i see 1 canadian and 1 US player that are going to join us aswell though). Generally people from all over the world are welcome here aslong as they can be active often enough during European Primetime. So where are you from then?
PS: Theres also two hints in our Guru Application Thread about our location ;)

So like some of us u already seem to be sure of what class ur gonna roll, thats good even though Beta could change alot for us all, but lets see =)

As you have hopefully read in the guru thread we are going to focus WvsW and PvP mostly. Just let us know if that is your aim aswell and if you read and agree to our rules, which you can find in the guru thread or in our recruitment tent sticky

On what server u were on in RIFT?

Greez, Mark
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Borrower » Wed 14. Mar 2012, 19:53

Yo Gabby

We got ppl from all over Europe mostly German and Austrian tho but got Italian, Turk, Croatian, Spaniard, Lithuanian and 2 uber Belgians :!: and even some from across the Atlantic.
I do wonder where you are from and what do you do for a living?
Also what chars did u play in the other games?

Niels
Niels
Borrower

Postby settlersxp » Thu 15. Mar 2012, 12:03

Hello, I am Romanian. For a living I design bots and automate testing procedures for the site I am employed (www.stevemadden.com and www.superga-usa.com). So basically I am paid to make bots. Made some for personal use in WoW but I have stopped because they remove the fun. Made 1 to play Skyrim for me cause I was too lazy about it :P

At home during my free time I design and code websites so I can buy games or PC parts with the extra money. Is not that I am not earning enough but I find coding like gaming, you build you stuff and enjoy it.
Right now I am helping a guy I found on the Path of Exile's forum who wants to become a game reviewer. His site is gamesite.us and at the moment it looks like is glued with ducktape. In the upcoming days it will get better.

I also enjoy games. I started as a tester and reached the virtual position of associate producer for EA Mobile. I am saying virtual because I was learning the job but Cataclysm came out and I skipped work for about 2 weeks. Apparently the guys didn't fancy my WoW escapade that much :)
I am trying to find some time to finish a Reverse Tetris game in javascript for Facebook. When it will be ready I will let everyone know.

At the moment I am still playing Rift, only PvP. I am on the Eu PvP server. I don't know it's name but is only one. I am a level 38 Cleric with 3 specs: healing, support and tanking. My name is Settlersxp and I am learning how to heal properly, I am in top 3 all the time but I want top 1.

In all the games so far I have played Tank. Therefore I thought I should try something different this time :P.

1) As for the hints on wowguru... this could be one of them "PvP: [EU] <Rare> (DAoC -Guild)"....yes, that EU might mean something.
2) "www.rare.eu.tf " - another EU...
||
V
You guys might actually be an EU guild but no... that can't be is just too obvious :P

Have fun and see you soon.
settlersxp

Postby Borrower » Thu 15. Mar 2012, 13:12

Thx for the reply

You nicely explained all we need to know i think.
We'll start internal discussion and let you know when we have an answer.

Niels
Niels
Borrower

Postby Bloodwyne » Thu 15. Mar 2012, 14:50

Alright Gabriel, after talking to some of our members, your app. came out quite positive and we are willing to give it a try.

Just one thing which im going to tell every Pre-release applicant: The invite will be for a trial phase UNTIL we played with you. The case for a disband after release would only be if you came out as a totally annoying person or if you would be frequently inactive in all community sections and ingame.
We are quite tollerant when it comes to gameplay though, as we will all have to learn new stuff in GW2, but if it comes out u lack any knowledge of basic PvP gaming then that would be the last reason.

Judging from your application i doubt one of those will be the case though. Stick around in our forum until we can play together and try to get mIRC ready to join our chats. :) I will add you to our internal forum-section.

Welcome to <Rare> Gabriel!

greez Mark
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby settlersxp » Thu 15. Mar 2012, 16:47

It does seem fair enough, in the end we do need to play together first. I will keep lurking around and preorder on 10th of April. It is very likely that we will finally meet in the first session of the beta.
settlersxp

Postby Bloodwyne » Fri 16. Mar 2012, 12:46

if u wanna meet us in beta u should pre-purchase though:D
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Bloodwyne » Tue 24. Jul 2012, 17:28

invitation withdrawn because of lack of participation
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer