Go to footer

Application [daoc]

Application [daoc]

Postby cuth » Wed 30. Jan 2013, 22:04

Hello all,

I'm Edward, 20years old and I live in the suburbs of Antwerp, Belgium. I study political sciences at the university of Antwerp.

I've played daoc back in 2003 on live servers (Excalibur and Prydwen) but I was mainly fooling around back then. I've been playing freeshards for the past two/three years or so. As RvR is my main priority when playing daoc I mainly played i50 servers (i50, ariadolis, Eden, Yggdrassil,...). I was mainly active in the 8v8 zones these servers had because there is no thing more fun than a clean and tense 8v8 in daoc. I think I can say I know how the game works eventhough I am not too familiar with all the crafting stuff etcetera, not really my kind of thing :)

My main character is a rr4, 50mercenary at the moment. I also have several lvl30's including a cleric and a sorcerer Also leveling up a theurgist as we speak. Most of them are named cuth"something". I think I've virtually played every class in rvr up to rr10 or something so I do not mind switching characters and I like playing most of them (except for paladins, they are no fun :))
I decided to apply after reading the topic on the Uthgard boards. I often read of you guys as a good bunch of players who respect fair fights and have a non adding policy. And because your post on uthgard said character/level are not a criteria but I'll try to get my alts ready for rvr asap.

I currently do not have a headset but I'll sort it out when I get back from my skiing vacation in France later this week.

Anything you'd like to ask me, shoot!

Kind regards,

yours sincerely
cuth

by Advertising » Wed 30. Jan 2013, 22:04

Advertising

Re: Application [daoc]

Postby Bloodwyne » Thu 31. Jan 2013, 01:52

Hey Edward!

First of all your application sounds pretty promising. The fact that your only lvl 50 is a merc could be a problem as this is the class we really have most of. If you would be willing to get 1 or 2 casters up to 50 you might be a great fit to our ranks!

However before we make a decision we have to discuss it internally. Also please contact me ingame on one of my chars ( Griselda, Caroli, Hick, Loreen, Areys ) to have a talk.

Cheers
Mark
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Borrower » Thu 31. Jan 2013, 14:14

Decent app, tho as Mark pointed out i think almost everyone in guild has a merc. Now the sound of a theurg did make my ears ring ;) (tired of Mark complaining about playing Ugur's theurg :p) so if u'd make this one ur priority i wouldn't mind voting yes

Maar dan is er nog het feit da je Antwerpenaar bent da's een groot minpunt :D
Mssn dat we da wel over het hoofd kunnen zien ;) Anything is better then another german atleast! even if it is another Belgian :p

Niels
Niels
Borrower

Postby Justmezz » Thu 31. Jan 2013, 19:57

Except our merc-problem, the application sounds nice to me. I think we should give it a try and force him to play cabalist, cause i really miss this class ;)
Justmezz

Postby Justmezz » Fri 1. Feb 2013, 07:15

Important update: Tonight, i was dreaming that the entire application was made to make fun of us, because nobody could play all chars to rr10! What the hell is wrong with me, dreaming about daoc-applications?? :D
Justmezz

Postby Borrower » Fri 1. Feb 2013, 08:19

On i50 you could transfer your arpees between chars so if u had 1 rr10 char u had em all ^^
Niels
Borrower

Postby Qerildan » Fri 1. Feb 2013, 08:24

nice application, + from my side aswell
Qerildan
Technical Officer
Technical Officer

Postby Bloodwyne » Fri 1. Feb 2013, 10:47

Justmezz wrote:Important update: Tonight, i was dreaming that the entire application was made to make fun of us, because nobody could play all chars to rr10! What the hell is wrong with me, dreaming about daoc-applications?? :D

omg josh is going to come for all our sorcs and stab them during a nightwalk so they cant take his place :D
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby cuth » Fri 1. Feb 2013, 11:47

Hello, thanks for your kind words so far. I am mainly focusing on leveling my theurgist/sorcerer at the moment. I'd love to play a cabalist in RvR because it is one of my favorite characters, although I'm not sure I feel like leveling a cab alongside my theurg/sorc atm but if you feel in a terrible need of a cab at the moment, I do not mind leveling one, but I'll have to start from scratch.

I'm kind of dissapointed you have Belgians not from Antwerp in your guild :(

Indeed, you could transfer all of your rps to other characters on the more recent i50 servers, however this was not the case on older i50 servers (I have to admit these servers probably had rp x2 which made it easier to get to rr10). But I can assure you I have atleast played almost* every character up to rr10. Ofcourse rr's do not say everything considering the fact I have a rr11 druid on Uthgard. But then again, I have to admit most of my 8v8 experience is from more livelike RvR( ml's, cl's,...).

I'll get back in touch with y'all when I get back from my skiing vacation on the 10th of february. I do not mind leveling a cabalist if this is what you need most but this will take a while considering I will have to start from scratch. I must say your welcoming words have assured me I have made the right choice applying here despite the merc problem :p.

I have a little question for you as well; what is your favourite setup?

Kind regards,

Cuth/Espire

*(This excludes paladins, animists, valewalkers, necromancers, bonedancers, savages, thanes, vampiirs, armsmen, most stealth/si/catacombs/laby classes)

With some luck I might be able to get a lvl 50 theurg/cab but this is not a certainty

(Trying to find some fraps but so far I've only found some screenshots or fraps from groupies/guildies in my group)
cuth

Postby Bloodwyne » Fri 1. Feb 2013, 13:09

you have a rr11 druid on uthgard? Are you Redfoxe? please contact me ingame...
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Next