Go to footer

GuildWars 2 Application

GuildWars 2 Application

Postby Tara » Tue 18. Sep 2012, 22:25

Hello folks,

my name is Hermann, 20 years old, I live in Germany and I will start to work as a media designer in some weeks. Somebody might know me from the "DAoC freeshard Uthgard" as "Aylwynn".
Actually I'm aware of the recruitment stop in GuildWars2 but I just want to give it a try. Furthermore I'm looking for a more familiar and international guild with teamwork, communication and coordination/organisation. Additionally Rare even was/is a sympathetic guild since Uthgard (since I had contact to you) to me.

In my past I enjoyed many MMORPGs - especially the PvP content which always had highest priority to me! I played for 4/5 years DAoC on Uthgard along with Morrigans Breath. I even gave World of Warcraft, Warhammer Online, Aion and even GuildWars (started it while BWEs in 2005) a try but nothing surprised me like DAoC's RvR system.
While playing DAoC and even WAR: Online I gathered many experiences about tactics, strategies and even coordination in RvR - which are even usefull in GW2's WvW. In addition I aquired discipline and even flexibility in every case: I don't shout, cry in TeamSpeak/Chat (wink) and I'm always open-minded - especially for new builds, tactics etc.
During GuildWars2 Beta-Weekend's (and now) I enjoyed preferably World vs World on the German server "Kodash".
Ingame my char is named "Tara Airgetlám", lvl80 mesmer, 400 tailor and pretty "full equipped". I left my own, old guild "Legion of Nightshades" on Abaddon's Mouth due to a lack of teamwork, communication and conflict of interrests.

As I mentioned my highest priority is World vs World but I'm even willing to help in PvE, personal story and crafting. I even know much about graphic design if needed.

Regards and /salute
Tara/Ayl
Tara

by Advertising » Tue 18. Sep 2012, 22:25

Advertising

Re: GuildWars 2 Application

Postby Llithium » Wed 19. Sep 2012, 08:30

Since noone feels like makin' the start:
I give it a +, since I fairly "know" him from Uthgard times and got a quite positive view on him while that.

When Mark said "We may get an app by a former MB member." I was like: "Is that a joke or shall I start my rejected-dance?".
But actually you are the only exception with whom I have no problem to be guilded with. ;)
Arashij.2857 Silver Invader, rank 625 on Far Shiverpeaks
Llithium
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Bloodwyne » Wed 19. Sep 2012, 08:57

Hey Hermann,

to be totally honest with you, you should have done that before the game started :P Personally i would like to see you as a part of Rare in GW2 ;) We are also slowly starting to get into WvW, more and more people are almost finished with their templates. So hopefully u get what ur looking for in the future. Though we are not the pure Zerg guild as u probably know, biggest part of our WvW activity will be roaming and to harass the enemy and cause some chaos ;) Sure some sieges will be done aswell.

Im giving the others another day chance to comment on the app.
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Lasastard » Wed 19. Sep 2012, 11:10

Fine with me - I think the recruitment stop can be lifted now anyway, since I get the impression that quite a few of the applicants that we had prior to launch dissapeared already.

So yes, thumbs up from me.
Lasastard

Postby Jadene » Wed 19. Sep 2012, 11:23

+ one for me also, be nice to have new blood to the fold :)
Jadene

Postby Bloodwyne » Wed 19. Sep 2012, 16:04

Well i dont think anyone disappeared yet apart of Xedie, but some of the trials didnt even show up, that makes room for new, hopefully more reliable people ;)
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Borrower » Wed 19. Sep 2012, 16:33

+ from my side decent app and familiar player

Niels
Niels
Borrower

Postby Tara » Wed 19. Sep 2012, 21:00

Hey,

thanks for the positive response! Glad to hear that kind of response.
Feel free to ask if you have any questions. :) In my opinion GuildWars 2 is a nice game with much potential - But I prefere the mentioned guildgroups instead of zerging all the day alone. Personally I'm looking for guild with communication and activities where I can take part especially in WvW (even when there are long queues). I think I can find those in Rare.

Tara/Ayl
Tara

Postby Ravis » Thu 20. Sep 2012, 13:07

seems fine to me so + from me too.
Ravis

Postby Bloodwyne » Thu 20. Sep 2012, 17:58

Then its decided :)

Welcome to Rare Hermann, gonna add to our internal forums

Please register your account
Bloodwyne