Go to footer

Post your planned builds

Re: Post your planned builds

Postby Share » Sun 15. Jul 2012, 11:21

Aaron wrote:Build

I played around a little with the calculator and actually ended up with the exact same trait allocation as you had, though I had a couple different other tier specifications due to other weapon choices. It seems like the most solid trait build to me which gives you the most useful tier skills. I like the regular skills aswell but I chose Shake it off rather than Balanced stance due to the very high CD on the latter and wanting a lower CD stun breaker since Frenzy is high CD aswell.

by Advertising » Sun 15. Jul 2012, 11:21

Advertising

Postby Bloodwyne » Mon 23. Jul 2012, 20:30

Still trying to optimize this DPS warrior build since it was rly nasty in sPvP

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulato ... .30.0.0.20

Also i have a question: The 5% crit dmg Sigil on the shield, do such sigils also apply when im using the Greatsword?
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Aaron » Wed 25. Jul 2012, 22:28

Sigils apply when you have the weapon out, so a shield sigil will NOT apply to a Greatsword.

However, a shield sigil that added a 30% chance to bleed on crits, WOULD apply to attacks from a 1Handed Axe being used as mainhand for the shield offhand.

They also said to combat the advantage that dual wielding would then have in sigil count, that 2H weaopns will be given 2 upgrade slots.
Aaron

Postby Bloodwyne » Tue 31. Jul 2012, 13:54

lvl 80 PvE Warrior TANK build (mostly for boss encounters):

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulato ... 10.20.30.0

Wasnt sure about the choice of sigils and runes though...

what u think?

EDIT: http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulato ... .0.30.30.0

I decided to switch to axe shield and use the eviscerate as a sure grant for a critical hit. Also put 10 points more into Defense and removed the 10 points in arms. I think it does make more sense now?! The lvl 30 trait i use in Defense is not supposed to passively boost my vitality (trait lvl 10 on strenght?). In this calculator it doesnt. I think it is correct how it is but i dont know for sure.

And again optimized: http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulato ... .0.30.30.0
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Aaron » Tue 31. Jul 2012, 19:29

The power conversion from vitality (or other stats), or vitality from power (or whatever) seems to have changed during each of the BWEs.

In BWE1 I found that it did nothing.

In BWE2 I found that it converted actual AND scaled (when appropriate) power straight across, so if you had 300 vitality (i was testing power -> vitality should be the same for any conversion) in a PvE zone then you got +30 power in that zone, but when you went to WvW and had 1300 vitality, you would get +130 power in that WvW zone.

In BWE3 I found that it converted armor stat bonuses. So if you had a total of +100 vitality on your armor, you'd get +10 power. Even if you had a total of 1500 vitality, if your armor was only +100 you were getting +10.

For launch, I have no clue how it will be. I found BWE2 to be worth purchasing, and I found BWE1 (obviously) and BWE3 to not be worth it.

For Warrior PvE builds I would also suggest taking a look at Mace/Shield for one of your weapon sets. The mace has a block/counter skill, a Daze, and also a Stun which would be ideal in combination with the shield's stun and block for avoiding damage from powerful PvE enemies.

I would also look at the Arms Adept trait which increases your Bleed Durations by 50%, remember that condition damage bypasses toughness, so mobs that don't take a lot of damage from normal attacks will take max damage from bleeds. The 5 point trait in the arms line also gives you a free bleed proc on crit, which should stack with sigil of earth. Bleed rape tough mobs, keeping 25 stacks of bleeds on them nonstop with + condition damage is 2500 dmg per second in bleeding and toughness can't reduce it.

Good build though, the 3 banners should make for sick might stacking in fire fields, especially along with an elementalist doing the same (assuming that all survives into launch). 6 blast finishers in a fire field is EIGHTEEN stacks of AOE might. That's +450 might from just 2 professions.
Aaron

Postby Bloodwyne » Tue 31. Jul 2012, 21:33

For a dedicated tank i actually prefer the 30 defense and 0 arms template, wouldnt want to loose any of the other traits aswell. I agree though that bleed is probably going to do big dmg on bosses as you can usually apply them easy. My first try resulted in the 10 arms setup but as dedicated tank who could potentially be an emergency rezzer due to the runes and banner id rather go for more survivability, and the 25% insta endure pain is really a nice addition vs bosses with heavy dmg.

Its on the rest of the group to inflict proper DPS then :D

Another question about combo finishers. If you hit 2 different type of fields with a blast, do both finishers trigger?
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Aaron » Tue 31. Jul 2012, 21:35

I would take the 10 from Strength so you don't lose any of the defense actually.

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulato ... 10.30.30.0

EDIT:

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulato ... 10.30.30.0

That one uses the Rune of the Undead to boost condition damage ^^

Don't forget that Rifle's #1 skill has a bleed built into too, so condition damage on Warrior is doubly good.
Aaron

Postby Bloodwyne » Tue 31. Jul 2012, 21:40

well, i'd loose 100 vitality though. As warrior i have high base power i guess and my amulett and jewel also grant me almost 1k power so 5% convertion is quite alot. That build simply grants me most survivability

Edit: Well i guess i will test both, even though the rune change doesnt convince me as the rune i choose was essential for my tank and support role in the group
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Scaar » Wed 1. Aug 2012, 08:02

i'm still working on my guardian build, but i'm thinking about a defensive/support build
Scaar

Postby Aaron » Wed 1. Aug 2012, 08:03

This is my latest Ranger build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fMAQRBM ... NrQGhsHZOC

The Elite skill 'Spirit of Nature' is a pet which spams a massive PBAE heal. Both of my Ranger pets in this build also have a heal, and I also have 2 passive regenerations (one from a signet and the other from a trait that activates at 75% health). Between all of the pet heals, it adds up to about 1K healing per second when activating everything. That plus the Ranger's pet heals and ranger's self heal is a huge pool of HPs for the enemy to make their way through.

When I am near death, signet of stone is a 6 second immunity to damage.

When I die, the 'Spirit of Nature' will automatically rez me up with about 12K HPs. Yes, that pet has an auto rez feature as of BWE3 if traited.

I can also use it to rez allies.

And all that while still getting 2500 power, and that's a builder that doesn't allow item stats so with insignias on gear and more jewelery, stats will be even better. That build is Torch/Axe instead of Longbow for 2nd weapon set because massive bleeds are huge DPS. Basically axe gets an attack that has 5 bleeds on it. That torch allows you to add 5 burns to that as well. Sharpening stone automatically fires at 75% health which is another 5 bleeds. So a Axe/Torch opener can cause 10+ bleeds and 6+ burns immediate, before I swap to Sword/Warhorn and drop serious Melee DPS. Stability is activated by the signet that gives passive regeneration for when a stomp is needed and I wanna guarantee no interrupts.

Also, I almost forgot, this build has +60% to Boon Duration. This includes the Quickness buff! So that means my 4 second quickening zephyr will be 6 seconds (or more if they don't truncate decimal), my 2 second quickening zephyr on pet swap will be 3 seconds, giving me almost 10 straight seconds of quickness buff, not including sigil procs which is another 4 seconds every 45. So with a good proc, almost 15 straight seconds of quickness.

This is designed to be a more Tanky build that can still do good damage, but allows the group to also stay alive and tank down zergs.
Aaron

PreviousNext