Go to footer

The time has come ... Application for rare [DAOC]

The time has come ... Application for rare [DAOC]

Postby Lasz » Tue 12. Feb 2013, 14:43

Hi everybody...
as this is going to be a quite uncommon Application be aware of long texts and avoid reading more than u can handle at once :-D

My Name ist Michael, I am 32 years of age and from Oberhausen, Germany.
I started playing Daoc in 2002 on Lyonesse/Midgard (just after beta) in the realm of Midgard. After having about 10 years of Liveserver experience in the end I got around 30 LVL 50 Chars (10 on each realm). Mainchars lateron on Ywain were Pac-Healer (RR12), Sorc (RR9), Cab (RR8), Shaman (RR8) and so many more... all in all I can say that I made about 50 Million RPs on live... hard to write down 10 years of daoc in few words...
Finally i stopped playin daoc in the middle of 2012 when live became less and less populated. A friend of mine showed me the Server of Uthgard and so Daoc got me back =)
As he played Mid, i started in December 2012 in Mid as well. I pushend a 50 Shaman, 50 SVG and 50 SB... Highest is SVG with 4L4 actually.
Getting another old friend of mine back to game (playin Daoc for 8 years now with him) we decided to move to Alb (because we saw, that there was few population and we never had inc in BGs on Mid).
My brother as fourth player completes our small group in Alb.
So all in all were 4 Player around lvl 40 actually. The chars are: Sorc, Theurg, Cab and Cleric. (Almost perfect for your Merc-Problem :-P) and growing fast.
As we are able to mule Money from Mid, I expect us to be in Big RVR on RR 4L2 in 2-3 weeks.
As the Leader of my old SG on Lyonesse, I want to applicate for us 4 to Rare:

Sorc: Lasz
Cab: Seraaphab
Cleric: Mendath
Theurg: Sucellos

2 of us also have RR 11 and 12 Chars on Live as well, so you can see that we are very RVR orientated. We actually do not plan to return to mid or make more Chars on Alb, so these Chars are suggested to be our Mains and stay it.
This is also the Main Reason for Choosing "Rare" to applicate. Rare is the most active RVR Guild on Alb/Uthgard in my opinion. As we all prefer to run 8men, we would appreciate of being a part of your excellent reputations and have fun together.

If there are any more questions don't hesitate to ask me here or in game.

P.S. I can understand that lvl 40 is quite far to 50 and we need about 1 more month to be compettitive. So you might give us a chance of getting to know each other and maybe join for trial or just later...

Hope to see and hear from you soon.
Lasz

by Advertising » Tue 12. Feb 2013, 14:43

Advertising

Re: The time has come ... Application for rare [DAOC]

Postby Hildorien » Tue 12. Feb 2013, 14:57

Well,firstly dont get it to the wrong way but we are rvr based guild so firstly you must be level 50 to join guild imo.Atleast i would be happy to give + for your application after it.
And the other point is i am one of the oldest players of uthgard but i dont know how its going on in the liveserver.But we are one of the fair guilds in uthgard also in my opinion we are the fairest guild.This mean(for your good) when you are 50 and you entered to the emain,try to be fair.So it doesnt matter how its going on in live but its going like that for Rare ^^
Other point is cleric/theurg are good choices ^^
Hildorien

Postby Lasz » Tue 12. Feb 2013, 15:47

Thx for your answer.
As i said, were moving quick to the border of lvl 50. 1 More week for Wilton / Thid and 1 more for Equip and i guess were ready at 4L2 and 50. At least in Mid things went very fast.
We played 8vs8 on live for long time on Agramon (no adding Zone)... so we know and accept the guilds behaviour in that way.
Just like we don't greykill...
Our Grpsetup is designed to be playable with 4 men... but we like to share fun and rps ;-)
Lasz

Postby Xedie » Tue 12. Feb 2013, 16:23

What I really like is that you guys seem to be very dedicated and experienced. I would still love to see you playing before giving my final judgement. Propably we'll meet in Thid soon as my clerics there atm ;)

Ah and another thing. I would really like the other three of yours to introduce themselves as well ... so we can get a better overview over all of you.
Xedie

Postby Lasz » Tue 12. Feb 2013, 16:40

Would be pleased to meet u in Thid. If u give me the name of your cleric, i can tell you when we get there. I expect to be there during the next week. Depends on how fast we can raise Spellcrafter Skill and trade Money, because actually we're wearing crappy equip and thats no fun in Thid... as you know =)
Lasz

Postby Bloodwyne » Tue 12. Feb 2013, 16:43

Hey Michael,

thanks for your application!

My first impression is definately a good one, though i have a couple of questions for you:

- I see you came from the 8v8 sector of Live and therefor ur familiar with the unofficial fairness rules that count sadly only for a few groups on uthgard. I just wanna add that we are not killing groups that are 4 or less players strong when we run 8man. Just need a confirmation that u accept that rule without exceptions (even tho there can be rare exceptions sometimes, uthgard community is small ;)) -> we also dont share the mentality that all stealthers are evil and have to die on sight.

- Make yourself totally clear that Uthgard is not live (i play on uth for 4 1/2 years and played live from EU beta onwards) Alot of players coming from the 8v8 sector from live have problems to adjust to the Uthgard set. We can discuss about everything but the argument -> I played XX years on live and it always worked is not a valid one on Uthgard -> I just like if people are aware of that and free for partially new experience and open for changes.

- By far the most important thing though is attitude and calmness. Most groups and guilds fail because they invite people that create bad atmospheres in TS/Chats, atleast thats my opinion after leading and being part of many guilds over the years. Flaming in broadchats and stuff like that is sth i rly watch for within my guild. Ofc noone would say about himself that he is an asshole but im just pointing it out so u know what ur "dealing" with.

Where did u learn from Rare btw? Forum? Ingame? Talking to players? Would be interesting for myself

One of our rules is that its not allowed to have other guilds besides Rare on Uthgard, are you ok with that?

If ur friends/brother are not going to apply by themselves, could u add a little more info for them? Age, attitude (i know not easy but its interesting point as mentioned above)?

Another very important question: I suppose ur all german (Im from Mülheim btw;)) so ur all capable of the english language also in voice chats? We have some players that cant speak english very well and its my aim to change that so our international playerbase doesnt suffer to much (wave niels) ;)

Thats about it for now...
Mark
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Lasz » Tue 12. Feb 2013, 18:13

Dear Mark,

as we are almost neighbours, we should probably drink a beer and tank about that :-D
So here my answers to the given questions:
1. We all have and use TS. English should be no problem... at least for in Game use =)
2. Yes, we are familiar to the rules of the guild and accept them... as we always accepted the non written codex..
3. Uthgard, in my opinion, actually rises quite a lot in population. For sure it is not ... how is it called so often... livelike. But the game is very old style daoc and i love the game for being like that. No MLs, no Artifacts etc. just pure fun. If u refer to being open to advice: Sure we are... we all come from Mid... so things in Alb are different straight away from the begining.
4. I totally agree to you on your attitude point. Just let us give it a try and lets get to know each other. Maybe the Thidranki thing mentioned by Xedie some posts ago helps a lot. Of our totally 4, there are 2 that are slightly impulsive, but if u make a comment on that, they will see that they went too far.
5. I was looking the stats of Uthgard for RVR active guilds (mainly german speaking, but open minded for english as well).
Rare seemed to me like a fitting guild, having rules that go along to our own playing style and player are symphatic as far as i can say.
6. As i said, i don't want to return to Mid... so there is no Problem for me (have to ask the others about that) leaving our Mid guild before. As a sign of appreciation, i just left my guild there some mins ago...
7. They are not so familiar to writing introductions of theirselves in english, so I gonna try to to give some hints:

Theurg - Sucellos: My brother - aged 27 - living in Kassel/Germany - playing daoc only at the beginning 2003 to 2004 as warrior on mid. He now discovered Theurg as "I love that Char" =) So he is totally in it and can't wait to hit RVR. He is a bit impulsive ;-) But as i said before...
Cab - Seraphaab: Playing Daoc with him for 6 years now - SG on Lyonesse and Ywain, aged 34. Played a runemaster to rr12 on live... very calm but rvr focused player
ceric - Mendath: Aged 28 from Vienna, Austria. Playing Daoc for 8 years now with him... did everything together in game. Has RR11 rm, rr8 bd, rr7 gb, rr6 cleric and so many more live toons. Very experienced rvr player...

Guess thats all for the moment. Looking forward to give more explanations, answers, etc :-P
Lasz

Postby Bloodwyne » Tue 12. Feb 2013, 19:05

thanks for the fast reply, your answers satisfied me ;) and ur right we have to play together to see how we come along with eachother... its just a thing i like to point out...
btw in between the guild is a different story, we are not hippies who always hug each other and make compliments ;D we also have some impulsive members in the guild already, my main intention though is to keep it inside the guild. But generally we have a good and friendly atmosphere and i like to keep that. So from what i could read you seem a good fit to our guild!

Give us a day or 2 to discuss it with the forum-lazy members and ill come back to you as soon as possible! (btw if we vote for yes then the lvl not a problem)
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Lasz » Tue 12. Feb 2013, 19:31

Well, no problem. I was just around here and felt free to answer ;-)
As we're in Wilton and Thid atm, you have plenty of time... just let us know if there are more questions =)
Lasz

Postby galydun » Tue 12. Feb 2013, 20:32

omg.. so many to read... and im so lazy...

i say give u a trail... cause i really like to see how u 4 are playing together :D... and with your long live-server-experience, maybe we can learn some from u
galydun

Next