Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apTotIsi ... e=youtu.be
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

by Advertising » Thu 20. Jun 2013, 08:41

Advertising

Re: Internal Vids

Postby Bloodwyne » Thu 20. Jun 2013, 09:17

Admittingly, RJ is the group we have to beat, have only won 1 or 2 fights against them yet.. since they run with caba they are the strongest group against our setup IMO. Though even tho it can be frustrating sometimes facing rr10 groups over and over again like yesterday, one won fight against such grps pays of all the trouble, atleast for me ;)

Noted:

Druids: less root on tanks, more root on clerics/casters. More offensive play generally, i saw certain phases where almost none of us took any dmg, no need to take a defensive position then. Once we manage to put a little more rupt on the supps and casters by Bard Druid Eld we will handle the pushing tanks fine with hero and 3-4 casters + Warden.
Petclear and demezz was really nice by nico on menta yesterday. To overextend in last fight.
Sometimes faster debuffing imo but aaron doing good job for sure. At AMG with less kite and faster debuff from you when we set TWF it could have turned the fight imo.
Note for myself, use mezz instead of stun when overextended because of CC.
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Hyrule » Thu 20. Jun 2013, 09:50

its sad but i dont see us beating them with this setup in any normal fight, atleast not until much higher rr

if theurg is not rupted we lose, if cabby is not rupted we lose, if they are rupted theyr tanks are free

the time where we killed theyr paladin was when i was mezzed, they all passed through me and when mezz ran out i could nuke from behind them without being rupted, in any other fight atleast 2 of the casters just CANT nuke, and thats being optimistic
Hyrule

Postby Bloodwyne » Thu 20. Jun 2013, 09:57

Totally disagreed, its still not the setup, its how we utilize it and the lack of RR and experience by some people on certain chars. I will go on with that setup, i got certain players confirming the strength of it and those are not players that never been in Uthgard endgame but doing nothing else since years ;)

We can have awesome petclear, we can have red nearsight on all of them, and if druid and eld coordinate more you can root or nearsight them seperately, they can and have to only purge 1 of each. They cant effort being rooted nor nearsight against us.

EDIT: One thing i consider is really switching the Warden for a second druid until we reached some more realmrank, i will try to rank the Warden in pug groups then. With Dex3-4 and TWF i see him alot superior than Druid in our setup. However a second druid with some RR from out of the guild could be a real help for us especially against hybrid/caster groups. Stefan is doing great healing and shearing, just imo needs to find out when he can root backlines etc so a druid with a little offensive experience would help alot i think so not all pressure is on the shoulders of one ;)
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Hyrule » Thu 20. Jun 2013, 14:25

i dont know, for now every fight vs them ends the same way and i dont think we are too stubborn to try different tactics, but after every discussion we had we still lost

if you think a single person is a liability, feel free to say (especially if its me) cause i dont see us improving from day to day right now and without real critics nobody can improve

in the end its either the players or the setup
Hyrule

Postby Bloodwyne » Thu 20. Jun 2013, 14:54

in a classic setup with NF RA's its not only the players or the setup.

In our case its Players and missing RA's against shitloads of RA's and also mostly decent players. I will frap as much fights as i can from now on, if ur in it see urself what u could improve, i will try to give input aswell. Noone playing flawless in this new project and we will just improve if we keep on trying and hopefully engage more pugs who usually werent a big problem for us yet. Yesterday we were ALL RR4 until 3 left and i redid the group with Centurione and Inotor, it went ALOT better. Its hard to say who does what wrong and sometimes u think u see a mistake but there is an explanation for it, good to piss people off ;) Anyway my personal feeling is that Eld Druid Bard and some mentas are our weakspots atm, Warden is easy to play in our setup anyway, atleast on paper. You need uber fast relfexes to neutralize the slow heals and make sure u dont get CCed(maybe sometimes theres more snare possible on pushing tanks) and ench is usually Aarons toon and he does it quite good imo, also hero seems to be fine most of the times,maybe a bit more SNARE would be possible here aswell, then again its hard to snare when druids focusing their roots on tanks^^.
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Justmezz » Thu 20. Jun 2013, 18:11

Nice video, had a great time watching it :)

1. The setup: I wouldnt switch the warden for a druid. The bubble takes out INSANE amounts of damage versus the split tanks plus keeps us from beeing cc'd. I think its crucial.
The casters can definitely be controlled by the eld (if you play for him a bit more than in this video..) together with bard.

2. The videogameplay:
Very nice, ofc, as its mark. But i miss some theurgpetclear in the first fights.

Entire grp: I definitely miss clearing the sorcpet on the eld all the time. Jan can hardly play if you dont kill/root the pet and so we lack control on the casters.

Very funny: Mark always said: "Never nukeundebuffed targets!" Now on Menta i just hear: "Kill the Paladin! Nuke him without debuff!!!" :D
Justmezz

Postby Bloodwyne » Thu 20. Jun 2013, 18:13

i didnt say that AT ALL, what i said is never nuke undebuffed targets against MIDS! I always said against albs it can still work

BTW: This vids i post here are ONLY for INTERNAL purpose, if i wanted to show people how awesome i play i would not upload one of these ;) That also means ofc that its fine that criticise my gameplay, just saying its for internal only. I sure could have cleared pets a little more, but nico was always faster:D As u also can see and might know i try to have an eye on other positions aswell during the fight

Edit: And yes Josh ur right Warden IS better than druid and on longterm hopefully people will realise that, except maybe against castergroups like prime, you dont necessarily need a druid, but its already good for just avoiding to be slammed by the warrior :P and once hes got dex4 his heals are fast enough usually

atm tho a rr7++ druid would help alot also to take some pressure from stefan
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Postby Aaron » Fri 21. Jun 2013, 03:40

Bloodwyne wrote: At AMG with less kite and faster debuff from you when we set TWF it could have turned the fight imo.

I was in mezz when the TWF was placed and when SoS went off. Once my mezz dropped I kite to other side and out of LoS of the caba/sorc as you can see the cabby had debuffed body on me for lifetap assist and I was in interrupt from that as well. Our 2nd menta was already dead, so killing targets directly on the other side of the milegate was going to be challenging. I think if either I had landed debuff a second or two sooner (think I was in rupt though), or if you had waited a second or two to stun the Saracen, he may have died. Also, if you had been able to get line of sight to finish your last nuke I think the Saracen may have died (when engaging targets on the opposite side of a milegate its useful to push into the arch a bit for better line of sight). But I think even if the Saracen dies there, we still lose the fight. They already have half our main DPS dead and un rezzable, and they were then able to use the milgate to push straight into us before we can really engage. The milegates just allow too much distance to be closed outside of LoS for us to engage a group like RJ opposite one. I think the only winning tactic there is to disengage from the MG and get into a more open field fight with both our mentas up. With one menta dead we are better off just disengaging the fight altogether and trying to get him back up after we loop around them.

The thing I am working the most on is trying to get more continuity with target selection, so that its just one after another. I find this to be most difficult in the earlier parts of the fight, because as different tanks push harder and stop push, eat slams, etc, the optimal target changes. You can see in the fight we win I hesitated for a moment after the first target dies on whether to debuff the highlander griffon knight or to go for chikane, I debuffed targetted the highlander and then he kites back so now chikane is again most extended. It was fortunate chikane was still able to get debuff nuked down.

Whoever was on Deisis should watch at 43 seconds. Where you are positioned at that time is too close to be nuking, you want to be back where Alysha/Leane are. You can normally stand a bit behind the chanter as the targets are moving at you, so even if its out of range slightly when the debuff starts, by the time it lands, youll be able to nuke. Being in front will just get you slammed every time. Basically same thing happens in the next fight. In the third fight same thing happens again.
Aaron

Postby Bloodwyne » Fri 21. Jun 2013, 06:44

Aaron wrote:
Bloodwyne wrote: At AMG with less kite and faster debuff from you when we set TWF it could have turned the fight imo.

I was in mezz when the TWF was placed and when SoS went off. Once my mezz dropped I kite to other side and out of LoS of the caba/sorc as you can see the cabby had debuffed body on me for lifetap assist and I was in interrupt from that as well. Our 2nd menta was already dead, so killing targets directly on the other side of the milegate was going to be challenging. I think if either I had landed debuff a second or two sooner (think I was in rupt though), or if you had waited a second or two to stun the Saracen, he may have died. Also, if you had been able to get line of sight to finish your last nuke I think the Saracen may have died (when engaging targets on the opposite side of a milegate its useful to push into the arch a bit for better line of sight). But I think even if the Saracen dies there, we still lose the fight. They already have half our main DPS dead and un rezzable, and they were then able to use the milgate to push straight into us before we can really engage. The milegates just allow too much distance to be closed outside of LoS for us to engage a group like RJ opposite one. I think the only winning tactic there is to disengage from the MG and get into a more open field fight with both our mentas up. With one menta dead we are better off just disengaging the fight altogether and trying to get him back up after we loop around them.

By going as much in the front at amg as u did u expose yourself to the enemy group and make it easy for them to aoe rupt you AND others (as happens when we target the cleric), the second you are more to the enemy side of the arch the enemy has an advantage as he has a higher radius of from where he can spot and rupt/kill you. If after you were mezzed and pushed through the gate u would have stopped at my position to debuff and stun the caba, he would have died for sure, but if that would have changed the fight, ur right thats absolutely not sure to say. And no, bottlenecks (when we are not the ones having to pass it, are an absolute advantage for us where we might be able to kill, once they start push we sure should move aswell ASAP but in such moments, you can kill the ones exposing themselves so one should atleast try to get sth down there

anyway that was a minor thing, atm im collecting the vids of yesterday... hope i can upload them tomorrow.. and i didnt fraps the TI pwnage WTF :/
Bloodwyne
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Next